Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Full disclosure, I haven’t made it to a Sound Tiger game this year but from what I saw last year, Wotherspoon was nothing special. MVS, Aho and Hutton (limited games) looked like they had far more potential.

Seems like he’s not only lost stature in the organization but he’s also lost any value as a trading chip.
Wotherspoon handles the puck like it’s a live grenade. Pressure him and he’ll cough it up. He’s a turnover machine. He doesn’t skate well enough to be a good defender. He has a nice wrist shot but that’s about it.

It’s a shame about Vande Sompel. He’ll have missed about a season and a half due to injuries the last 2 years. Who knows what he could have been.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
had heard Hickey and Clutterbuck playing tonight. BST have games tonight and tomorrow so curious if anyone who sees the games could give us any updates.

Wondering Clutter's timetable now . if he plays two conditioning games this weekend do we see him Tuesday vs the Rangers or in St Louis Thursday.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Holmstrom just scored his 8th of the year and game tying goal.

He's gonna be our Pastrnak

Wotherspoon with 3 assists for the night.

I saw a good bit of Pastrnak as a 16-18-year old (ironically, as he was playing in Sweden).

And I think you're not far off here in the sense that there are many similarities to their game at that age.

May the hockey Gods hear your plea.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I saw a good bit of Pastrnak as a 16-18-year old (ironically, as he was playing in Sweden).

And I think you're not far off here in the sense that there are many similarities to their game at that age.

May the hockey Gods hear your plea.
I don't want to get into comparables, but I always thought the Islanders went for Holmstrom with the idea that if he stays healthy he has a higher ceiling than Tomassino. Kind of a medium risk-high reward scenario with a mid-late round 1st.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I don't want to get into comparables, but I always thought the Islanders went for Holmstrom with the idea that if he stays healthy he has a higher ceiling than Tomassino. Kind of a medium risk-high reward scenario with a mid-late round 1st.
Not only as he has scored a bit more recently you can tell he is figuring it out over here he is more and more noticeable every night.

Reactions: MJF and danteipp

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Not only as he has scored a bit more recently you can tell he is figuring it out over here he is more and more noticeable every night.

Agreed and I hope Holmstrom keeps it going this weekend. I am thinking about trying to catch the Saturday game against the Wolfpack.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
And that likely closes the book on Josh Ho-Sang’s Islanders career.

He's already off the BP website. That was quick. Don't f*** with Lou, kid.

I noticed that Fritz is still there. Is he just out for the year with injuries? He's never been a consideration for a call up.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Can anyone clarify what this means? Says he was loaned to the Blues affiliate, so was he traded completely or given away, not sure I've head this scenario before?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

I noticed that Fritz is still there. Is he just out for the year with injuries? He's never been a consideration for a call up.

Been injured basically all season. Don't think he's coming back this season.

For him, a REALLY bad year to miss out. He might have had a real shot at some point and instead, guys like Bardreau got the call.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Can anyone clarify what this means? Says he was loaned to the Blues affiliate, so was he traded completely or given away, not sure I've head this scenario before?

He's still Islander property.

I believe he still get's paid by the Islanders.

But the team opens a roster spot and this move may also mean that the organization just doesn't want him hanging around our other kids at the moment.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Fritz has been injured for all but the first 4 games of the year.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We Assigned his contract to another AHL team. Ho-Sang remains our property and we’re paying him.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He's still Islander property.

I believe he still get's paid by the Islanders.

But the team opens a roster spot and this move may also mean that the organization just doesn't want him hanging around our other kids at the moment.
BST recalled a forward from Worcester earlier this week. Forget who it was though.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
And I believe JHS was on a 1 year qualifying offer, so safe to say he's not getting qualified next year....wonder what that means for his NHL (if any) possibilities, you'd figure someone takes a chance on him in training camp. Disappointed the kid couldn't figure it out, frustrating because he has so much skill, but clearly Islanders, Lou, Barry, etc aren't buying it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad