Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
That's 5 goals in his last 10 for Wahlstrom and 5 in his last 13 for Holmstrom, so at least that is a positive.

I like the fact that Ollie is shooting more (25 SOG's in his last 5, 36 in his last 10) and that is something we sorely need...

Here is hoping they both finish out strong...

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
That's 5 goals in his last 10 for Wahlstrom and 5 in his last 13 for Holmstrom, so at least that is a positive.

I like the fact that Ollie is shooting more (25 SOG's in his last 5, 36 in his last 10) and that is something we sorely need...

Here is hoping they both finish out strong...

That's kind of a rosy look at Holmstrom. He had nice little 5 goals in 7 game stretch but before that was scoreless in 16 and since then is scoreless in his last 6. I'd love for him to pan out and totally understand he's a young guy playing in a professional league but from a mental health standpoint, there is nothing I could use more right now than one of our draft picks absolutely tearing it up in his D+1 year. I'm so tired of drafting guys and having to cling to "he's still so young, nothing is settled" mentality after a down first year. How nice would it be right now to be excitedly watching McMichael or Tomasino or Kalieyv?

Reactions: frankieboy

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
JFC, Sound Tigers 1 for 8 and still counting in PP today. How the hell can an organization have this type of inability from top to bottom...

Reactions: The Real JT

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
BP ties it up 5-5 with less than 5 to go. down 5-2 at one point. Hutton 3 pts and a +3

BP pk 4 for 4...

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
BST win in SO, Wahlstrom and Broadhurst with two nice shootout goals. Shocking to win with a 1 for 8 PP rate. Not sure if Phantoms are that bad defensively but team looked pretty good offensively.....waiting for a LT deal for Thompson after today!! :naughty:

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
That's kind of a rosy look at Holmstrom. He had nice little 5 goals in 7 game stretch but before that was scoreless in 16 and since then is scoreless in his last 6. I'd love for him to pan out and totally understand he's a young guy playing in a professional league but from a mental health standpoint, there is nothing I could use more right now than one of our draft picks absolutely tearing it up in his D+1 year. I'm so tired of drafting guys and having to cling to "he's still so young, nothing is settled" mentality after a down first year. How nice would it be right now to be excitedly watching McMichael or Tomasino or Kalieyv?
Was hoping for McMichael was shocked when we passed.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
AHL has also suspended play.

Too bad. The Sound Tigers had just won 2 in a row.

Just ignore the fact that they will now finish 31st out of 31 teams in the AHL for win percentage.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Was hoping for McMichael was shocked when we passed.

Going into the draft knowing WHERE we were drafting, I thought about what kind of realistic NHL player I think our team REALLY needs.

I kept landing at the Flyers' Konecny. I've mentioned him before around these boards as being the type of guy we just don't have. He's a very talented gnat and he's got speed and jump and a surprisingly deceptive shot. He just seems to "get it".

I looked at all the candidates in the draft and for me, it was clear as day that Tomasino was as close to a Konecny clone as we'd find in this draft. And there he was, ripe for taking when we had the pick.

I know Nashville fans who are very excited about having this kid in their system.

I like Holmstrom. He should have an NHL future. Heck, I even wrote about him for Flames Nation before last summer's draft:
2019 NHL Draft Scout Series: Sweden

But I'm going to watch particularly Tomasino for a long time coming.

As for McMichael, he's had a fantastic season and welp, it seems like the rich keep getting richer, even at the end of the first round.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRYHAVOC

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
AHL has also suspended play.

Too bad. The Sound Tigers had just won 2 in a row.

Just ignore the fact that they will now finish 31st out of 31 teams in the AHL for win percentage.

Indeed.

And from our standpoint, having our youngins finish off this season well (which some were starting to do) was about the only silver lining on the AHL cloud this season.

Reactions: buud

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Next season with players under contract and assuming junior kids get ELC -

Bellows - Koivula - Wahlstrom
Holmstrom - Bardreau - Fritz
Jobst - Bobo - Durandeau
Jenkins - Bibeau - Coskey

Wotherspoon - Wilde
Vande Sompel - Dobson
Hickey - Hutton
Burroughs

Skarek
Soderstrom

I assume there will be at least 4 AHL Vet signings - 1 D and 3 F and a vet Goalie too

Reactions: Finster8 and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Jobst - Bobo - Durandeau

Wotherspoon - Wilde
Vande Sompel - Dobson
Hickey - Hutton
Burroughs

Skarek
Soderstrom

I assume there will be at least 4 AHL Vet signings - 1 D and 3 F and a vet Goalie too
I’m pretty much on board with this roster with one exception. I‘m expecting that we get Hickey’s contract moved somewhere next season.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Jobst - Bobo - Durandeau

Wotherspoon - Wilde
Vande Sompel - Dobson
Hickey - Hutton
Burroughs

Skarek
Soderstrom

I'm thinking that Soderstrom, an upcoming RFA, will not be retained.

I'm also thinking that Jenkins may be signed, but then returned to juniors.

Further, I'm thinking that both Burroughs (RFA with waiver rights) and Hickey (still signed to a healthy contract) will no longer be with the organization by July.

I see that you left out Aho and I'll assume that was intentional. And I agree. If his rights aren't somehow moved, I think he'll return to Sweden or head to the KHL on his own accord.

BTW, what is the status of AHL signings like Shilkey, Kubiak, Bernier, McDonald, etc.?

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Further, I'm thinking that both Burroughs (RFA with waiver rights) and Hickey (still signed to a healthy contract) will no longer be with the organization by July.

I see that you left out Aho and I'll assume that was intentional. And I agree. If his rights aren't somehow moved, I think he'll return to Sweden or head to the KHL on his own accord.

BTW, what is the status of AHL signings like Shilkey, Kubiak, Bernier, McDonald, etc.?

With regards to Aho, I agree it’s either Europe or the big club on a one way contract at league minimum. He is also no longer waiver exempt.

I hope you are correct with Hickey - I’d rather have that cap space. I wonder if he is movable after his bonus is paid out at 1.25 of the 2.5.

Soderstrom has played like 1 pro game in two + years - I think they could move on too.

I could see that for Jenkins as a 20 year old back in Saginaw. Although they did not do that for Durandeau.

I do think we will see at least 4-5 AHL signings all the others you mentioned are all AHL free agents.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

I’m pretty sure that anyone who is on an AHL contract at Bridgeport is on a 1 year deal making them all UFAs this summer.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
AHL free agent season has started. Nick Schilkey has moved on. Godspeed Nick. Godspeed.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
AHL free agent season has started. Nick Schilkey has moved on. Godspeed Nick. Godspeed.

Geez, like when will we actually hear anything about the AHL?

Can't imagine it'll be anywhere other than on the back burner until the NHL stuff is clarified.

This said, I was looking forward to seeing Coskey, Bibeau, MacLean and AHL signee Brubacher on the farm.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad