Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Guy's only 23. He can play all of next year at BP and get a call up the following year and still have his whole career ahead of him. Would be nice to have some redundancy in goalie prospects. We really don't have it elsewhere.
Glad to see Soderstrom get back on the ice this season. Get him into some games and build up his confidence a bit before his frustrating season ends.

Reactions: buud

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Tigers lost 3-2 in OT last night with St. Denis and Holmstrom with the goals.

Quite a sad state of affairs when a board like this with arguably the Isles most ardent fans, is barely aware of their local AHL affiliate's games.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Quite a sad state of affairs when a board like this with arguably the Isles most ardent fans, is barely aware of their local AHL affiliate's games.

To be fair the Tigers have only been relevant and good a total of three years out of their entire existence:

upload_2020-2-15_16-19-34.png

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Finish to the game was something I've never seen before: Pens enter the zone with 17 seconds and an extra attacker and begin setting up their attack. The ref blows his whistle, counts 7 WBS players on the ice and hits them with a Too Many Men penalty that effectively ended the game.

Also had it confirmed that if you sign up to be a STH for 20-21 by April 5th you will get a free jersey.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Coulda swore I heard that there were Ottawa scouts at recent BST games but I can’t find the source. Can anyone confirm?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Coulda swore I heard that there were Ottawa scouts at recent BST games but I can’t find the source. Can anyone confirm?

As someone that used to look at the scout list at Worcester Sharks games, and now looks at the list for Railers games, let me tell you there is nothing more amusing than someone saying "the scouts for such-and-such a team were at the game". Because they're at a lot of games. A scout's job is to scout, and that's what they do no matter what month the game is being played.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As someone that used to look at the scout list at Worcester Sharks games, and now looks at the list for Railers games, let me tell you there is nothing more amusing than someone saying "the scouts for such-and-such a team were at the game". Because they're at a lot of games. A scout's job is to scout, and that's what they do no matter what month the game is being played.

Yep, it's completely useless information unless there's a baseline for how many and how often scouts are typically doing what is being reported. If there's a deviation from the norm, that could warrant attention. Otherwise it's useless.

Reactions: BarzyClub and 210

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Bridgeport this year is a bit of disaster. Is it goal-tending? Injuries? Or players playing without purpose (little chance to make it to NHL), too many youngster still figuring out the pro games, or lack of skilled coaching or practices? No chemistry between players?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Bridgeport this year is a bit of disaster. Is it goal-tending? Injuries? Or players playing without purpose (little chance to make it to NHL), too many youngster still figuring out the pro games, or lack of skilled coaching or practices? No chemistry between players?

A bit of everything probably. I really thought they looked good on paper this year but I was very wrong. It just shows that filling a team with unproven kids, AHL scrubs and overrated NCAA players doesn't really work

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Staples recently pointed out that BPT has raw kids and grizzled vets but are short on productive minor league guys in their prime. Maybe true? Does BPT have any quality career minors guys putting up a point per game or anchoring the defense?

Reactions: Beacon Isles

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Staples recently pointed out that BPT has raw kids and grizzled vets but are short on productive minor league guys in their prime. Maybe true? Does BPT have any quality career minors guys putting up a point per game or anchoring the defense?
Quality???

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
A bit of everything probably. I really thought they looked good on paper this year but I was very wrong. It just shows that filling a team with unproven kids, AHL scrubs and overrated NCAA players doesn't really work
It’s injuries IMO, key players have been missed for long stretches. Gibson, Fritz, Hickey, Ladd(LoL but he is key player for them) and MVS all have missed large chunks of season and MVS has missed it all.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lehing Valley Phantoms get the early lead at 1:18. Allowed David Kase to walk in from behind the net and slide it through Gibson’s 5 hole

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Otto Koivula answers back on the PP. St Denis and Aho assisted.

1-1 at 3:35 of the first

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
2-1 Tigers at 3:54

Hutton takes a point blast and catches Berube napping. Jobst gets the assist.

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
2-2 at 8:38.

Puck goes to the RW boards, 4 Tigers go to that side of the ice, Helgeson ties up his man at the crease but not tight enough. Greg Carey gets a stick on the pass and tips it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad