Prospect Info: Brett Lernout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
He's looking a lot better! The nerves must of got to him for game 1.

He looks ready now. He and Jerabek were our best dman in carolina and tampa.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The one thing I can say about Lernout is he doesn't look entirely different from when he had his first few camps with the Habs and showed promise.

Meaning, it's another mid round defense prospect like Morgan Ellis and Darren Dietz that showed promise and failed to have Lefebvre improve their game meaningfully.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Hope he takes skating lessons, and shaves that stupid beard.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Looking forward to watching Brett playing, smart hockey player, keeps it simple. Which is the smart way to play defence for his teammates, Lernout is a team player no doubt.:devdance::devdance::devdance:
Where do you come up with this stuff???
The guy is a 8-9th dman and that’s being generous

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lernout will add some physicality, but will get owned by speedy fowards, exactly what we need for the tank..

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
The guy had a bad game last time but it happens. I like what he brings to the lineup and hopefully he’s given some opportunities to see what we have here. I’m hoping that once he becomes more comfortable he can be a reliable bottom pairing, hard hitting/physical defenseman. Glad to see young guys getting chances.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I had high hopes for him not very long ago. Like ell other Habs prospects he seems to have regressed over the past 1/2 years. That’s what the AHL coaches seem to be good at.

Has anyone research Nick Carriere to see exactly what qualified him to be the best option for an AHL coach who task it is to develop players?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I had high hopes for him not very long ago. Like ell other Habs prospects he seems to have regressed over the past 1/2 years. That’s what the AHL coaches seem to be good at.

Has anyone research Nick Carriere to see exactly what qualified him to be the best option for an AHL coach who task it is to develop players?
Regressed: McCarron, maybe Lernout
Progressed: De la Rose, Hudon, Juulsen, Audette, Scherbak, Carr (you could add Grégoire to that list too)

I'm no Sly/MB fan, but that agenda is honestly getting old and way too easy...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Lernout has the tools to be a bottom pairing D

Reilly-Lernout

Or valiev-Lernout all ok

Better then Benn

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Regressed: McCarron, maybe Lernout
Progressed: De la Rose, Hudon, Juulsen, Audette, Scherbak, Carr (you could add Grégoire to that list too)

I'm no Sly/MB fan, but that agenda is honestly getting old and way too easy...

how has DLR progressed? at 19 he was on pace for 10 goals, since then up until 1 game in 67 games he had 1 goal.

And Juulsen playing 31 games isn't progressing or regressing, it's just him coming back from injury and playing.

Audette isn't that good how is his game progressing?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
how has DLR progressed? at 19 he was on pace for 10 goals, since then up until 1 game in 67 games he had 1 goal.

And Juulsen playing 31 games isn't progressing or regressing, it's just him coming back from injury and playing.

Audette isn't that good how is his game progressing?
JDLR is finally coming to his own. If he had regressed that bad, he wouldn't be playing like he is right now, he'd be in a similar position to McCarron. Yet he is playing center with the big club, filling Pleky's shoes and doing a good job.

If Laval was so detrimental to Juulsen, he wouldn't be playing the way he is and oozing confidence in his game.

Audette went from 0.4 PPG to 0.52 PPG. I'd call that a progression, and he's only 21.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
JDLR is finally coming to his own. If he had regressed that bad, he wouldn't be playing like he is right now, he'd be in a similar position to McCarron. Yet he is playing center with the big club, filling Pleky's shoes and doing a good job.

If Laval was so detrimental to Juulsen, he wouldn't be playing the way he is and oozing confidence in his game.

Audette went from 0.4 PPG to 0.52 PPG. I'd call that a progression, and he's only 21.

There's no if, DLR went from being a 19 year old on pace for 10 goals, to scoring 1 goal in 67 games as a 20/21/22 year old. If that's not regressing what is? Yes he's looking better in March when teams are too busy laughing at the Habs and taking it easy since they know their next game is likely going to be against a much better team and this time of year all players are feeling the lumps of a long ass season. The Habs have zero pressure, what they do now doesn't mean anything. Let's see what they do when next season starts.

How much can Juulsen learn in 31 games? that's less then 3 months. Juulsen was always seen as a steady and safe bet to play in the NHL.

There's more to development then points. Audette plays the same game and hasn't improved other then repeating last years production in 19 less games. He's played so well they moved him from center where he have a major need to LW.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Juulsen has played 31 games in the minors which bodes well for him that the idiots in Laval barely had a chance to ruin him.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Juulsen has played 31 games in the minors which bodes well for him that the idiots in Laval barely had a chance to ruin him.
Lol
There's no if, DLR went from being a 19 year old on pace for 10 goals, to scoring 1 goal in 67 games as a 20/21/22 year old. If that's not regressing what is? Yes he's looking better in March when teams are too busy laughing at the Habs and taking it easy since they know their next game is likely going to be against a much better team and this time of year all players are feeling the lumps of a long ass season. The Habs have zero pressure, what they do now doesn't mean anything. Let's see what they do when next season starts.

How much can Juulsen learn in 31 games? that's less then 3 months. Juulsen was always seen as a steady and safe bet to play in the NHL.

There's more to development then points. Audette plays the same game and hasn't improved other then repeating last years production in 19 less games. He's played so well they moved him from center where he have a major need to LW.
How much could De la Rose have been ruined in 34 AHL games in 2015-2016, which was seen as a critical year in his stalled development? Pretty much the same amount of games as Juulsen this year no? You don't think these 3 months as a pro helped Juulsen at all in rounding out his game?

The "on pace for 10 goals" doesn't mean much as JDLR wasn't much of an offensive force when he played 33 games in 2014-2015, and you're presuming he could've reached that. One tip in goal and an empty netter (the other two goals I don't remember) if I remember correctly, really nothing to write home about.

If anything, bad management stalled his development/confidence by bringing him up and then retrograding him, not the guys in Laval specifically. He's shown improvement in 2015-2016, and in 2016-2017 where he scored 14 goals. Then again, he was never seen as an offensive player at any level.

The people who constantly shit on the Laval coaching staff just don't have much to say and are trying to fit in here with the general agenda.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Lol

How much could De la Rose have been ruined in 34 AHL games in 2015-2016, which was seen as a critical year in his stalled development? Pretty much the same amount of games as Juulsen this year no? You don't think these 3 months as a pro helped Juulsen at all in rounding out his game?

The "on pace for 10 goals" doesn't mean much as JDLR wasn't much of an offensive force when he played 33 games in 2014-2015, and you're presuming he could've reached that. One tip in goal and an empty netter (the other two goals I don't remember) if I remember correctly, really nothing to write home about.

If anything, bad management stalled his development/confidence by bringing him up and then retrograding him, not the guys in Laval specifically. He's shown improvement in 2015-2016, and in 2016-2017 where he scored 14 goals. Then again, he was never seen as an offensive player at any level.

The people who constantly **** on the Laval coaching staff just don't have much to say and are trying to fit in here with the general agenda.
Not sure how there is a comparison between how DLR was developed and how Juulsen has made the jump after 31 games.

I compare Gallagher and his 36 games in the AHL to Juulsen’s 31. Both only got to experience the ineptitude of Lefebvre and company for a little while.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad