Prospect Info: Brett Lernout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Poor kid had to play with Joe ****in Morrow. Now there is a useless stump on defense. No wonder he was nervous.

Agreed, Morrow has no business playing in the NHL regularly. I'd take Davidson any day of the week over him but the management felt otherwise.:eyeroll:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Alzner, Morrow, Schlemko, Lernout, Jerabek are and Davidson are all bottom pairing dmen. Doesn't really matters who plays and who doesn't.

So these guys are so average that you can barely tell the difference? That's a lot of bottom pairing candidates. Is this what Bergevin meant when he stated that the D was better than last year -- must have meant the bottom pairing candidates are better.

This team is only a few weeks away from being completely out of it. When will the owner make long overdue decisions? That's right Geoff, get your manicured hands dirty. Sugarcoating, deflecting and reiterating your confidence in this management group is not going to absolve you of what you're not doing.

Reactions: groovejuice

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Really disappointed with Lernout's performance last night, was probably the worst Hab (definitely out of the d-men) and looked very awkward.
It's kind of weird though, because I remember him as an NHL ready player the last few times he played as he was very solid and played a great physical game.
Was it nerves last night?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Just doesn't make sense, why bring him up in the first place and sit a much better Jerabek to begin with? I understand wanting to have depth but if it's just one game, why sit someone who clearly was better then Lernout in the AHL and has looked good in the NHL. What does CJ not like about Jerabek's game that I appear to be missing?

The sad thing, Carr was playing great in the AHL and they took their sweet time calling him up when we so badly needed some help yet Lernout hasn't even been that great in the AHL and they call him up for one game? Sometimes I really wonder about people calling the shots.
Weird how this is just common sense to most of us normal hockey fans, but this group of incompetant fools see things so much differently... It's quite mind boggling.

Reactions: Runner77

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Just doesn't make sense, why bring him up in the first place and sit a much better Jerabek to begin with? I understand wanting to have depth but if it's just one game, why sit someone who clearly was better then Lernout in the AHL and has looked good in the NHL. What does CJ not like about Jerabek's game that I appear to be missing?

The sad thing, Carr was playing great in the AHL and they took their sweet time calling him up when we so badly needed some help yet Lernout hasn't even been that great in the AHL and they call him up for one game? Sometimes I really wonder about people calling the shots.
. I had the same thought process and I was looking forward to see more or jerabek. He looks like and NHL player and his skillset is what this defence desperately needs. I'm not going to say I was hoping for injuries, but I defenitely think you need to make room for him in the lineup. I don't remember when was the last time we had worst players in our defence than morrow and lernout. They made my eyes bleed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
. I had the same thought process and I was looking forward to see more or jerabek. He looks like and NHL player and his skillset is what this defence desperately needs. I'm not going to say I was hoping for injuries, but I defenitely think you need to make room for him in the lineup. I don't remember when was the last time we had worst players in our defence than morrow and lernout. They made my eyes bleed.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the one bad game from Lernout as it seemed more a skate blade issue. I think he'll be an ok 7th D next year for us. Now I don't agree on recalling him and I don't think he has a ton of upside but do think he can be a decent 7th type for us.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I thought we had morrow for the press box already. flip a coin between the two, and keep the other one in a galaxy far far away. Jokes aside, you may be right and he could become a bottom pairing guy ... but i'm not holding my breath.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
One of the worse if not the worst I have seen in a while. Traverse like type of bad denfenseman

I understand losing games with experiments like Lernout, or young players like Mete, or players that need time to adjust like jerabek ... but Morrow I really don't get it. Its so obvious he needs time in the AHL if he's ever going to be a decent nhler. I wish him the best but the coach is not putting him in a position where he can grow confident in his game. In my humble opinion, we are not doing him any favors by keeping him here.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Lernout played well in pre-season, but it was against AHLers, and he would commit 4-5 turnovers a game. He was never close to being ready. Juulsen is closer to the NHL, maybe he'll be ready in a couple months.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought we had morrow for the press box already. flip a coin between the two, and keep the other one in a galaxy far far away. Jokes aside, you may be right and he could become a bottom pairing guy ... but i'm not holding my breath.

I've seen a good bit of him and it's hard to really say if he can make it or not in the NHL. He's got the size, skating, speed, mobility, physical game to be an NHLer. He's got some offensive abilities but I don't expect much from him there. His main problem imo is in his own end, he can do well enough but then he gets caught out of position or has a bad read that seems more of a basic play that makes you wonder if he has enough smarts to make it in the NHL. We'll see how he looks at camp in the fall as I got to think he'll get a good look since he has to clear waivers.

Megaforce

I like Jerabek but cringe when I hear Pierre Houde call him "Yourrrrrzzzzzhabeck" ... to the point where I stopped watching RDS. I don't mind pronouncing the "J" like a "Y' but adding letters that simply are not in his name is too much and .....no I don't care what Jerabek told him his name is pronounced. If Jerabek want's to add a "z" to his name then he can go and file the papers for a name change.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I like Jerabek but cringe when I hear Pierre Houde call him "Yourrrrrzzzzzhabeck" ... to the point where I stopped watching RDS. I don't mind pronouncing the "J" like a "Y' but adding letters that simply are not in his name is too much and .....no I don't care what Jerabek told him his name is pronounced. If Jerabek want's to add a "z" to his name then he can go and file the papers for a name change.
It's how his name is pronounced in Czech :laugh: He doesn't need to add letters

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't care it's in these tough moments that we will see his CHaracter. Turn the page of the Oilers quickly in your mind. Then trust yourself (this is the basis). Don't calculate too much.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just can't believe the Lernout we saw in the Oiler game represents where he's at. He gets an opportunity to redeem himself -- and has extra motivation to do better.

Reactions: groovejuice

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Okay, I hope and I stress I hope that Lernout gets it together for the game against Carolina, that was as bad of a performance as I have ever seen from a habs defender in recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad