Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
73th eh

IMG_62543721.JPG

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I guess we take one of these every couple years until we find a good one?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not really happy they traded up for him. But I wasn't happy with Crisp either and that turned out fine.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Shoots right
Turns 19yrs in Sept
6'4" 204lbs

Anyone seen him play?

bigtimehockeyfan999*

lmao that's actually a picture of him:laugh: I didn't realize that at first

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Hahahaha, this board is so funny. People never saw him play and are like meeeeeh.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorh...wift-current-broncos?urn=juniorhockey,wp33803

The Swift Current Broncos have no shortage of highly regarded draft eligible blueliners this year. Potential first-rounders Julius Honka and Brycen Martin have captured most of the spotlight, but Brett Lernout has slowly but surely made a name for himself as a shutdown defenceman.

Lernout garnered the attention of scouts with his steady defensive play, rugged style and imposing 6-foot-4, 204-pound statue. Moreover, he showed consistent improvements in his game throughout the year. It showed in his draft status as he jumped up to No. 52 among North American skaters in NHL Central Scouting Service’s final ranking. He was No. 80 at the midterm.

“At the beginning of the season I wouldn't have expected to get much notice, but I think I've earned it as the season has went on,†says Lernout, who scored eight goals and 22 points in 72 games while racking up 103 penalty minutes. “I've worked hard to take steps forward and I think I've made big steps forward with my defensive game and stuff like making the first pass to get out of the defensive zone.â€

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Oh no he likes to play with Barbie dolls and favourite song is Baby by Justin Beiber :amazed:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
NHL Central Scouting’s B.J. MacDonald:
"He's a big kid, tough and nasty. He's hard to play against and a good physical presence. He just needs to keep his game simple and safe to be effective at this point. His puck movement is safe and adequate, and he's able to box out forwards well in front of his own goal.â€

• Known for his steady defensive play and rugged style, Lernout played in all 72 games in 2013-14, posting 22 points (8-14—22) and a plus-7 rating in his first full seasons with the Swift Current.

• Lernout played 20 games over two seasons with the Saskatoon Blades before he was acquired by the Broncos in 2012-13. He notched his first career Western Hockey League goal in Swift Current’s 3-0 win over the Prince Albert Raiders on Feb. 9, 2013.

• Lernout grew up playing on a backyard rink built by his father. He names his dad as the most influential person in his hockey career and recalls scoring his first WHL goal with his dad in attendance as his most memorable hockey moment.

• In 2011-12, Lernout racked up 35 points (8-27—35) in 44 games for the Winnipeg Wild. He added five points (1-4—5) in the playoffs to help the team capture the Midget AAA title. Lernout guarded the Wild blueline in front of netminder Ty Edmonds, the No. 18-ranked North American goaltender.

• Lernout grew up idolizing Chris Pronger’s tough playing style.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=94471&tab=prf

broncos-rockets-lernout-heffley.jpg

Fabulous hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad