Prospect Info: Brett Lernout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Reilly is a great skater but his Defensive game is not to NHL standards.

From what you've seen, is he a lost cause like Morrow, or can he learn to defend with a solid year of playing time? I just haven't seen that much recently.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
From what you've seen, is he a lost cause like Morrow, or can he learn to defend with a solid year of playing time? I just haven't seen that much recently.
Not much difference between the two but I personally like Morrow more. He looks solid tonight against the Preds

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Morrow I still think has more upside. I am probably wrong but Reilly looks bad defensively.

Morrow has all the tools. It's just the decisions he makes with where to position himself, not to tie up a player's stick and instead weakly cross check the player, etc... The things he does out there make no sense.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Lernout will clear waivers next year, don't see much risk and if they somehow lost him, I don't see him as more then a future 6th/7th D.

I hate the fact that Juulsen, Mete were in the NHL this year, just wish for once this organization would stop rushing prospects to the NHL at 19/20. That said I don't know what they do next year with Mete and Juulsen as both need to develop their offensive game imo.

Reilly I would put with Weber next year, what's the worst that could happen we lose more? So what we are going to suck anyway.

Petry I would trade now, eat some of his cap hit if it means a better prospect in a package type deal. Say with Pac.

If the Habs want to openly tank sign Gelinas and put him on the top pairing with Reilly, make Lefebvre the D coach for the lolz.

I'd rather Mete and Juulsen play in the AHL next year under a actual good coach.

There's Valiev as well who I don't know much about but they might as well see what he can do.

Not sure they will be able to trade any of Schlemko, Benn, and certainly not Alzner and his 4.625M cap hit. he actually makes more the Pacioretty, that's f***ing funny. In fact in terms of actual salary next year at least as of now, only Price and Weber will be paid more then Alzner. But hey everyone should be entitled to a mulligan

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I think Lernout will clear waivers next year, don't see much risk and if they somehow lost him, I don't see him as more then a future 6th/7th D.

I hate the fact that Juulsen, Mete were in the NHL this year, just wish for once this organization would stop rushing prospects to the NHL at 19/20. That said I don't know what they do next year with Mete and Juulsen as both need to develop their offensive game imo.

Reilly I would put with Weber next year, what's the worst that could happen we lose more? So what we are going to suck anyway.

Petry I would trade now, eat some of his cap hit if it means a better prospect in a package type deal. Say with Pac.

If the Habs want to openly tank sign Gelinas and put him on the top pairing with Reilly, make Lefebvre the D coach for the lolz.

I'd rather Mete and Juulsen play in the AHL next year under a actual good coach.

There's Valiev as well who I don't know much about but they might as well see what he can do.

Not sure they will be able to trade any of Schlemko, Benn, and certainly not Alzner and his 4.625M cap hit. he actually makes more the Pacioretty, that's ****ing funny. In fact in terms of actual salary next year at least as of now, only Price and Weber will be paid more then Alzner. But hey everyone should be entitled to a mulligan

yep, the d core is a real s**t show.

Only way out of this mess is if Mete, Juulsen, and Reilly can step up. If they're not ready next year and we don't get Dahlin, we're a lottery team again.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Is it me, or he does look like Galchenyuk?
My Hometown… with Brett Lernout

cut.jpg

USATSI_9725592-1024x716.jpg

Reactions: Fixxer

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
A better skating , but worse fighting version of Kevin Haller.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Without Weber in the lineup, Habs d looked soft.

I think they missed Emelin`s physical game too.

It would be nice to find someone with a physical edge back there going forward to deal with the Wilson and Kreider types.

Reactions: tnq

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Thank god we traded up. Passed up on Brayden Point and one of the best goalie prospects right now.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Without Weber in the lineup, Habs d looked soft.

I think they missed Emelin`s physical game too.

It would be nice to find someone with a physical edge back there going forward to deal with the Wilson and Kreider types.
I don't think the issue was being soft. It was more being bad at defending. I see where you are coming from though and I agree.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
I don't think the issue was being soft. It was more being bad at defending. I see where you are coming from though and I agree.
The penalty kill was brutal without Weber , I thought the front of the net coverage was lacking. Guys had to be aware when Emelin was on the ice because he was always looking for the big hit.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The penalty kill was brutal without Weber , I thought the front of the net coverage was lacking. Guys had to be aware when Emelin was on the ice because he was always looking for the big hit.

Penalty kill was brutal because Karl was on the ice for us half the time with Weber out lool

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Now or never for Lernout. He is a big and fast RHD. 6’4 215 pounds and skates really well. It would be nice to see him take another step.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Penalty kill was brutal because Karl was on the ice for us half the time with Weber out lool

Yeah, always a head scratcher. Young guys who are unreliable yet have years yet of development get a short leash, but vets who reliably mess up and are what they are and will be in future, still get their minutes and role.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
He probably would have been out there even if Weber was healthy.

I think the problems were a collective of all of them, coaches included.

A team that doesn`t score much needs good special teams, I guess the good news is if the pk doesn`t improve much the Habs will have another lottery pick next summer.

I too hope they give the young guys a shot this season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah, always a head scratcher. Young guys who are unreliable yet have years yet of development get a short leash, but vets who reliably mess up and are what they are and will be in future, still get their minutes and role.
You're describing every coach that's coached in Montreal the last 25yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->