Recalled/Assigned: Brennan/Campbell/Kapanen/Lindberg up, Brown/Hyman/Valiev/Carrick down

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Absolutely a tank related move with the idea of helping the development of some of the other younger guys .. Brown, Carrick, and Hyman were good enough to stick around

During a rebuild isn't there value in seeing many players especially when they already know those 3 can play?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Looks like we will have the 'veterans' back soon while the Marlies gain back their squad for the playoff run.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Lindberg is hungry and from the articles I've been reading on him, I think he will make the most of this call-up, he could show what he's got and turn a few heads.

Kapanen, knows what he needed to work on, when he was sent down and he's returning after playing well on the Marlies.

Brennan has been a Marlie for a long time and will likely remain one, if resigned by the Marlies but this may be his last hurrah in the Leaf system.

Campbell has played well as Marlies Captain and he is here just to see, if he's an NHL or AHL calibre Defenseman, maybe a tryout for next years Leafs team and give the young guys more time to develop.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Yeah, makes sense. Have a look at some guys who might be in the plans for next season, reward some AHL leaders for their good work. I guess a couple of weeks in the NHL will be a nice summer bonus for them.
And Nylander will be down soon to get ready the Marlies Calder run.

It is so nice to have competent management.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Kind of a bummer that Nylander will be going back down. I could've swore Babs said a few weeks ago that Hyman, Nylander, and Sosh would stay with the Leafs until the end of the season.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Nice try Connor Brown. Made too much noise up here.. couldnt have just Nylander'd it and hit posts. You had to tear it up.

Tank on.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kind of a bummer that Nylander will be going back down. I could've swore Babs said a few weeks ago that Hyman, Nylander, and Sosh would stay with the Leafs until the end of the season.

He said they could. That they are NHL players.

However, I'm sure both he and management want to get a look at everyone this season. See what they have.

This summer will pretty active in terms of movement I think.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

They got a pretty good taste I would say. Cut off a few at the end of the season I think mostly to keep them fresh for a Calder push rather than worn out before playoffs.. give some of the other guys a look.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Would have preferred seeing Percy again instead of Campbell or Brennan.. Looking forward to seeing lindberg

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Thank god. Leafs can finally lose, Brown and Hyman been killing it.

Really like this move for the tank and so the players can get used to the AHL again for the cup run

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
Oh I like his game a lot but just think they have a little extra time to develop him yet before throwing him the show. Unfortunate set of circumstances? Waivers and all that.

He doesn't need to pass through waivers next season much like Loov.

Valiev ( 2018 - 2019 )
Loov ( 2017 - 2018 )

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers_calculator/rinat-valiev

They can play on the Marlies next year and by the TD we can hope Hunwick is traded and they get another chance.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Curious to see Lindberg.

I'm with you on this one.

I bet he never imagined that he would get a shot and he's likely to get at least 1 or 2 games.

Even though I'd watch the games anyways, this keeps me more invested into watching the games because I get to see guys like Lindberg and Kapanen play on the big stage.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
So they're sending Nylander down when Holland is back? Why again did they let him play more than 9 games?

Burning a year on Nylander's ELC is so stupid. I thought our management was supposed to be smart.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
I would guess Colin Smith will be up before the end of the season as the Leafs need to figure out what to do with him next season as he will need to pass through waivers.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
So they're sending Nylander down when Holland is back? Why again did they let him play more than 9 games?

Burning a year on Nylander's ELC is so stupid. I thought our management was supposed to be smart.

I've heard it explained that when the ELC is up they can sign Nylander for a lesser amount for longer term because he will have had 1 year less experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad