Recalled/Assigned: Brennan/Campbell/Kapanen/Lindberg up, Brown/Hyman/Valiev/Carrick down

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It's always interesting to see new players get a shot in the NHL.

Unfortunately, I don't see Lindberg ever playing for the Leafs. There are way too many players that are better than him. Either he gets traded or stays a Marlies for a while.

6'2 with high end speed and a pretty good skill-set. I'd go as far as guaranteeing that he'll be an NHL player IMO.

I don't expect him to be a world beater, but his tools will naturally allow him to play in the NHL IMHO

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Hyman is the big surprise to be sent down, I thought he had established himself as a regular with the Leafs.

I think the players going down has more to do with who is considered and emergency call up and who is just a regular call up. I would think only emergency call ups can be swapped out.

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
They are evaluating other players. Not a bad thing to do when you're out of the playoffs and 29th in the league really.

I'm sure the players that were sent down understand it's not because of their play.

I understand the purpose, I just don't like the timing. Only thing to comes to mind is this is perhaps the last game or two before injured players come back into the line up and it gives them one last viewing.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Looking forward to seeing Kapanen back up with the Leafs and Lindberg get his shot. Both are still a couple years away from being legitimate NHLers, but this is a really good move for the tank.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I understand the purpose, I just don't like the timing. Only thing to comes to mind is this is perhaps the last game or two before injured players come back into the line up and it gives them one last viewing.

Another reason:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This is very smart IMO.

Give as many players that you see potential in a shot at the NHL before the season is done.

Brown, Carrick, Valiev and Hyman all played very well, 3 of the 4 are likely going to be in the opening night roster next season, time to see the next batch.

YUP, i think that is part of it, they have seen what they needed from them but it also lets them get their minds reset for the AHL playoff run.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Hyman is the big surprise to be sent down, I thought he had established himself as a regular with the Leafs.

Brown being almost PPG is my biggest surprise, I thought he would stay.

How is this switch "helping"?

I was hoping for SCarrick to add the grit that we lost with Hyman.
Yes Hyman and grit.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
These guys were contributing to our W's and ruining the tank

We can drop to 4th if we win tonight .. MUST LOSE

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm sure the players that were sent down understand it's not because of their play.

In fact I believe its the opposite and that they've already showed enough by their strong play that they're seriously being considered for roster spots next year and management has seen enough to know what they have in these demoted players.

All 4 of the demoted players could realistically be on Leafs opening night roster next year.

bigfreeze

Mar 16, 2016
I feel bad for the kids who were playing well and are getting sent down, but I'm sure they understand the situation as well.

I'm also glad to see the Marlies playoff roster is shaping up pretty well. They'll be a real treat to watch in the playoffs if they can all mesh together, seeing how the complete team hasn't played together in months :nod:

Tank for the Yank!

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005

I don't think any of the moves are about this year - but rather giving guys a taste so they know work they need to do in the summer, and a pat on the back for guys like Brennan & Campbell for being good soldiers on the farm.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
This has nothing to do with the tank and everything to do with player evaluation.

What kind of callup rules do these go under? Still emergency? I guess the likes of Sosh, Komarov, Froese and Hunwick are still injured?

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
I feel bad for the kids who were playing well and are getting sent down, but I'm sure they understand the situation as well.

I'm also glad to see the Marlies playoff roster is shaping up pretty well. They'll be a real treat to watch in the playoffs if they can all mesh together, seeing how the complete team hasn't played together in months :nod:

Tank for the Yank!

Pretty cool how almost the entire starting Marlies roster for the playoffs will have seen at least 1 game in the NHL this year.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
IMO this is the end of Percy going forward with this organization. Not even a look this year?

Edot: Sorry, he got a whopping 3 games.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think the players going down has more to do with who is considered and emergency call up and who is just a regular call up. I would think only emergency call ups can be swapped out.

You may be right but he definitely will be back, this really is just a good way to see what you have going forward and what you need in the draft and who will be a Marlie or a Leaf next season, I would guess.

Hyman, however, is a sparkplug and although his scoring chances have dipped a bit, he brings a lot more, in puck pursuit and battling in the corners and being hard on the puck, that is a rare thing to have in a young player.

I personally don't see what he has to gain by being sent down and I hope the disappointment won't affect his game but I guess they have to have a look-see in these other players.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Its an interesting move, making sure no one gets overly comfortable. But they didn't dare send down Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad