Recalled/Assigned: Brennan/Campbell/Kapanen/Lindberg up, Brown/Hyman/Valiev/Carrick down

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jesus what's going on.

Surprised to see Lindberg get a look. He's been very good for the Marlies... but I'm not sure I agree to send down Brown, Carrick AND Hyman.

I guess it's just a matter of giving them a chance to play a NHL game or two.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
For the sake of the tank hopefully it'll take these guys a while to adjust and the growing pain results in losses.

All the guys we sent down have shown they can play and have an impact in the NHL. These guys now get to show what they've got.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Jesus what's going on.

Surprised to see Lindberg get a look. He's been very good for the Marlies... but I'm not sure I agree to send down Brown, Carrick AND Hyman.

I guess it's just a matter of giving them a chance to play a NHL game or two.

I'm more surprised at Campbell getting a shot. I'm really happy for him. He's been great this year for the Marlies.

I can't believe Carrick is being sent down. That is very surprising.

Looks like Lou is worried about losing that last place finish. :laugh:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
3/4 of the guys going down likely earned themselves a spot or at the very least a long look at camp next year.

Maybe want to see what else they have in the organization.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Love it - I think it's great for the prospects and I don't mind the difficulty curve it'll present for the new players to get clutch L's.

Are we going to break a record for most first NHL games in a season and most players to be iced?

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
Giving the other guys a shot to see what they have? Why not....

Because in the last few games Brown has played very well. Hyman has been the most consistent call up night in and night out. Valiev has improved on every game he's played.

I don't like the fact that we are sending players down who are playing well in order to give 'try outs' to other players.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Everybody needs a chance and be rewarded for strong AHL play.

That said this 4 for 4 swap weakens the Leafs not strengthening them. IMO

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Because in the last few games Brown has played very well. Hyman has been the most consistent call up night in and night out. Valiev has improved on every game he's played.

I don't like the fact that we are sending players down who are playing well in order to give 'try outs' to other players.

They are evaluating other players. Not a bad thing to do when you're out of the playoffs and 29th in the league really.

I'm sure the players that were sent down understand it's not because of their play.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
YES, the management wants to tank. Hopefully Babcock agrees and loses these games on purpose.

Now send down Nylander and Rielly and we are good

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
They are evaluating other players. Not a bad thing to do when you're out of the playoffs and 29th in the league really.

I'm sure the players that were sent down understand it's not because of their play.
Maybe Lou even talked to the players that were sent down. That they understand the situation.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Interested to see what Lindberg can do.

It's always interesting to see new players get a shot in the NHL.

Unfortunately, I don't see Lindberg ever playing for the Leafs. There are way too many players that are better than him. Either he gets traded or stays a Marlies for a while.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Hyman is the big surprise to be sent down, I thought he had established himself as a regular with the Leafs.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This is very smart IMO.

Give as many players that you see potential in a shot at the NHL before the season is done.

Brown, Carrick, Valiev and Hyman all played very well, 3 of the 4 are likely going to be in the opening night roster next season, time to see the next batch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad