Recalled/Assigned: Brennan/Campbell/Kapanen/Lindberg up, Brown/Hyman/Valiev/Carrick down

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was fairly unexpected. It does make sense though.

I didn't expect Lindberg to get a look this season. If he's getting a look, I could see Colin Smith getting a call soon too.

At the time of the Phaneuf trade, people were saying (media and Sens fans) that Lindberg was almost NHL ready.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
sometimes you just don't think, do you?

how about the premise of giving TJ a big fat thank you for being the rock, the leader the juggernaut down there , the all important foundation that their season was built on

give the man some increased pay as a bonus and some luxury time, let the others in the league see him back in the pro s maybe he gets another shot with someone next year

There are many times I don't think, thanks for noticing, but this isn't one of them.
Brennan has had many shots in the nhl and well he's just not good enough. By your measure Percy and Carrick should be up so we can say thank you for doing your job that we pay you for.
Is this another early morning drinking day Faltorvo?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
At the time of the Phaneuf trade, people were saying (media and Sens fans) that Lindberg was almost NHL ready.

This was eons ago, but I liked him when I saw him play in that rookie tournament. Big kid but still had some hands and talent.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
Nylander and Sparks were the 2 call ups. The others were for injured players.

Sparks will stay up until the end of the season as we don't have another goalie.
Nylander could be sent down as soon as we get some more bodies back from IR.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Smart move that I didn't even know they were allowed to pull off. Give some more kids a stab at it.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Funny, someone asked yesterday in the tank thread if the Leafs could do anything to make the team worse and if anyone could be recalled. I said no and that there was only one recall left. Guess I was wrong on both accounts. :laugh:

This move does help the tank though, for sure. Brown and Hyman being sent down makes the team worse, although Kap coming back up is nice. Looking forward to seeing Lindberg.

Curious to see what they do with Kapanen, burn a year of his deal or only play him for five games?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Funny, someone asked yesterday in the tank thread if the Leafs could do anything to make the team worse and if anyone could be recalled. I said no and that there was only one recall left. Guess I was wrong on both accounts. :laugh:

This move does help the tank though, for sure. Brown and Hyman being sent down makes the team worse, although Kap coming back up is nice. Looking forward to seeing Lindberg.

Curious to see what they do with Kapanen, burn a year of his deal or only play him for five games?

Looks like you can swap out your E-Calls. The more you know.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Nylander and Sparks were the 2 call ups. The others were for injured players.

Sparks will stay up until the end of the season as we don't have another goalie.
Nylander could be sent down as soon as we get some more bodies back from IR.

Source?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah that's news to me. I always thought the player called up stayed up until the guy he was replacing came back.

I bet a lot of managers in the NHL don't even know all the subtle rules until Lou pulls it off. Guy has become my hero this year.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

I think it was in the Globe or Star or something. Ny and Sparks were both 1/4 and I think the other was Carrick but I was weary on that one at the time because we only just traded for him.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I think it was in the Globe or Star or something. Ny and Sparks were both 1/4 and I think the other was Carrick but I was weary on that one at the time because we only just traded for him.

When Sportsnet reported it, they had Nylander, Sparks and Carrick as the 3 call ups and I vaguely recall seeing an article too, which showed the same 3 guys. I'm just confused as to where people are getting the 2 call up thing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
he got worse over the 4 games he played. His 1st game was his best but he was probably playing over adrenaline rush. Either way, I hope he can pop a goal before getting sent down.

The players we sent down are pretty much locks for the team. I mean with the exception of Vailev. Kappy definitely needs a second look and am really glad for Lindberg. The other two are good soldier rewards it seems.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I bet a lot of managers in the NHL don't even know all the subtle rules until Lou pulls it off. Guy has become my hero this year.

I can't remember his name but I think the guy the Leafs hired, who helped draft the CBA, probably deserves a lot of the credit.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
The players we sent down are pretty much locks for the team. I mean with the exception of Vailev. Kappy definitely needs a second look and am really glad for Lindberg. The other two are good soldier rewards it seems.

I wouldn't count Valiev out. He's been really good. Training camp will be huge for him because age (being younger)/experience is not on his side.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I wouldn't count Valiev out. He's been really good. Training camp will be huge for him because age (being younger)/experience is not on his side.

Oh I like his game a lot but just think they have a little extra time to develop him yet before throwing him the show. Unfortunate set of circumstances? Waivers and all that.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga

That's where I heard it as well, I wasn't sure about Carrick because we acquired him and we technically didn't call him up. That's why I didn't include him in the 4.

If he was for sure 1 of the 4 than I would assume us sending him down and calling up Brennen/Campbell would be our last call up for the season and 1 of the two will have to stay ( Maybe 2 if Loov doesn't come back for the rest of the season. )

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Absolutely a tank related move with the idea of helping the development of some of the other younger guys .. Brown, Carrick, and Hyman were good enough to stick around
Maybe this also gets some of those guys back to the Marlies to gear them up for a playoff run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad