Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Meh.

I personally think it’s a crappy trade and that I’d rather have Lemieux in the lineup. Making room for Kravstov? I’ve heard of these guys Rooney and Blackwell who have less NHL games under their belts in twice as many years as Lemieux because they simply aren’t that good, but I guess it’s imperative we find room for them as well.

Was Lemieux worth a lot more? No. Is a 4th worth Lemieux for us? Probably not. I just feel like we could have gotten a 4th for Blackwell with how he’s played and that’s better asset management. Grand scheme it’s simply not big enough to get worked up about, but I don’t like it.

Lemmy may have been disappointing and Quinn had him on a short rope, but this team really doesn’t need to get softer.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Howden was chosen over Lemieux, it’s as simple as that being the reason this is a terrible trade. Lemieux did more in that one shift where he blocked three shots than Howden has done since he’s been in the league.
Yeah it makes no sense, why didn't they trade Howden who has been a terrible disappointment?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Lemmy has been a big time disappointment. My only concern is the team went from being pretty soft to really soft with this move. Did Lemmy develop like we had hoped? No, but they need some guys who can bang and provide grit, especially on a team that’s the youngest in the league.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
After the sweep to the Canes, Gorton said we need to be tougher to play against. I know there's more than 1 type of tough to play against but we're going to really follow up that end of year speech with losing Tony DeAngelo, Brendan Lemieux, Jesper Fast, and in the off season Brendan Smith? Is ALF going to be the resident meat head to scrum it up?

I'm not one for TOFFNESS but boy we're gonna be rolling a chuck E. Cheese line up next year. Bunch of angsty teenagers and some mellowed out moms and dads popping xanax at the bar.
I get your argument, but I wouldn't have used TonyD as a toughness example. He was a mouth, not a physical presence.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Please show the proof of this. If a GM jumped at the first deal for a player without doing due diligence of what else could be out there might say something else for Lemiuex.

He had potential, hasn't taken any steps in his development organization thought it was best to cut ties now and get something instead of possibly nothing.

yeah, sure as soon as you show proof that this was the best offer available.

Trueblue30

Jan 31, 2009
I enjoyed watching him especially when he first came over. Loved his snarl in the net scrums.

He did tail off since then but I would have preferred to keep him for now due to the fact that he does seem to stand up for his teammates and gives us a bit of an edge some nights.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Meh.

I personally think it’s a crappy trade and that I’d rather have Lemieux in the lineup. Making room for Kravstov? I’ve heard of these guys Rooney and Blackwell who have less NHL games under their belts in twice as many years as Lemieux because they simply aren’t that good, but I guess it’s imperative we find room for them as well.

Was Lemieux worth a lot more? No. Is a 4th worth Lemieux for us? Probably not. I just feel like we could have gotten a 4th for Blackwell with how he’s played and that’s better asset management. Grand scheme it’s simply not big enough to get worked up about, but I don’t like it.

Lemmy may have been disappointing and Quinn had him on a short rope, but this team really doesn’t need to get softer.

that's why i think perhaps the lemieux camp was welcoming a move. Gorton didn't have to do this.

Reactions: LokiDog

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Please show the proof of this. If a GM jumped at the first deal for a player without doing due diligence of what else could be out there might say something else for Lemiuex.

He had potential, hasn't taken any steps in his development organization thought it was best to cut ties now and get something instead of possibly nothing.
And Howden has shown steps in development? I’d actually argue he was better in his first game than he is now lmao

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
He didn't seem to develop at all and I'm really not sure how much 'tougher he made us.
Was worth taking a chance on at the timeto see if the potentialcould be unlocked, and today's trade value probably accurately reflects where he fits in the league.

Hope he can make a good go of it in LA

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I wasn't a fan of Lemieux but he was the only one that'll drop the gloves. Maybe we're developing Howden into an enforcer? :naughty:

Not a fan of the trade at all. Maybe they have something lined up before the deadline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad