Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I mean, out of the 9 players that we've waited to break through, Lemieux is probably at the bottom of that list in terms of potential. That's 1 less under performing U22 player to worry about.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Or this was the best offer on the table for a player who obviously doesn't fit into the team's long term plans, and would have been exposed, potentially losing him for nothing.

this was not best offer on the table, it was likely the first offer and lazy Gorton did not bother looking further.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I’d start with keeping the exact kind of players you need for contending in the playoffs

While I agree that you need players like Lemieux for the playoffs, I don't think we should prioritize 4th line players at this moment in our rebuild. I think we still need those bottom 6 spots for highly touted kids to develop --- which means we're not yet building a playoff ready roster. We're still sussing out our top 6 and top 9 for years to come.

I will say, I have a feeling Kravtsov could be a much better fit with Strome and Panarin.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Bonehead move.

One of the best pests in the league and I see him being a huge playoff performer down the road just like his dad. I remember on Spittin Chiclets they were raving about his return after the suspension when he played in the bubble, he completely tilted the ice and we played with a different swagger when he's in the lineup. Lemmy sacrificed so much for this team, that shift where he injured his foot blocking a shot and literally crawled and leaped into another shot block after he already couldn't even stand; sums up who he is as a player. Or that gif of him with a black eye, cuts on his face, casually spitting out blood on the bench.

He is the over the top caricature of what a hockey player is. He's sort of a throwback. I think playing on a line with him was a big influence on Buch's transformation into USA Buch. People complained about our coaches usage of Buch but he became a different player when he was on Lemmy's line and started getting physically engaged in play. Lemmy is a hilarious dude and will be greatly missed by me. Lindgren is a similar type of thorn in peoples sides but I hope we manage to find another player who agitates like Lemieux.
Agreed but with a little more talent.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Smith fights when needed. Just as good as Lemieux.
We haven’t had a Heavyweight in a while.
Maybe the game is moving away from fighting a bit ?

Reactions: TominNC

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I mean, out of the 9 players that we've waited to break through, Lemieux is probably at the bottom of that list in terms of potential. That's 1 less under performing U22 player to worry about.

he is our 4th line Grinder he was doing his job fine.

Reactions: Sayba

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Y'all realize he's now headed to his FOURTH organization at the age of 25, never having secured a spot above the 4th line on any of them, right?

Any asset in return is a net positive, IMO. Especially given the flat cap and the contract statuses of all the other players on the team.

who cares, I hate these dumb arguments like they imply there is some character issue or something.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Howden was chosen over Lemieux, it’s as simple as that being the reason this is a terrible trade. Lemieux did more in that one shift where he blocked three shots than Howden has done since he’s been in the league. It’s things like these that put dents in my trust for Groton. It’s talent evaluation, like not taking the teacher’s pet away from him for his own good.

Reactions: Sayba

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
After the sweep to the Canes, Gorton said we need to be tougher to play against. I know there's more than 1 type of tough to play against but we're going to really follow up that end of year speech with losing Tony DeAngelo, Brendan Lemieux, Jesper Fast, and in the off season Brendan Smith? Is ALF going to be the resident meat head to scrum it up?

I'm not one for TOFFNESS but boy we're gonna be rolling a chuck E. Cheese line up next year. Bunch of angsty teenagers and some mellowed out moms and dads popping xanax at the bar.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Smith fights when needed. Just as good as Lemieux.
We haven’t had a Heavyweight in a while.
Maybe the game is moving away from fighting a bit ?
Lemieux wasn't there for fighting. He was an agitator. A decent one in that role IMO. Sure, he sometimes did some dumb stuff but I liked him more than disliked him. Nice to see him stir up the pot in games with just yapping away.

Like I said, if this is done because of contracts and stuff, fine whatever. But don't come to me and say guys like Howden or Blackwell (not throwing in the towel with Gauthier yet but for this season?) bring anything better to the 4th line than Lemieux did. Because they don't. Just a bunch of fast skating grinders, and there's a f***ing line for those guys to this league.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
this was not best offer on the table, it was likely the first offer and lazy Gorton did not bother looking further.

Please show the proof of this. If a GM jumped at the first deal for a player without doing due diligence of what else could be out there might say something else for Lemiuex.

He had potential, hasn't taken any steps in his development organization thought it was best to cut ties now and get something instead of possibly nothing.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad