Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I’m the farthest guy to be “moar tuffness” but what the f*** is this? This doesn’t compute at all.

1. Lemieux is a fourth liner, Vitali is not. So it doesn’t make sense as a move to make space.
2. I thought he was decent in his role as a pest and someone who could stand up for the younglings.

unless there’s something I’m missing here ? This reeks of a Quinn directive, just in the fact that he’d rather have Howden or PDG than Lemuiex ? Especially if they see Barron taking the center spot and moving Howden to wing. I’m going to throw up. We chose Howden over Lemieux.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I’m the farthest guy to be “moar tuffness” but what the f*** is this? This doesn’t compute at all.

1. Lemieux is a fourth liner, Vitali is not. So it doesn’t make sense as a move to make space.
2. I thought he was decent in his role as a pest and someone who could stand up for the younglings.

unless there’s I’m missing here ?

Salary cap/roster space. Not line space

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
What a bummer. Only a 4th

I guess Gauthier get protected in expansion

PDG plays tomorrow and Kravtsov after that

Reactions: egelband

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I wanted a high 3rd rounder for Lemieux so this is a bit of a disappointing return for me.

For those saying Kravtsov will play on the 4th- I doubt it. If Kravtsov plays I expect it to be on the 3rd line RW in place of Gauthier.

Additionally, this opens the space to give Barron some time with the big club if they decide to go that route.
With some of the flashes we’ve seen from Gauthier, I would love to see him stay on the 3rd line and get some minutes. He’s definitely kicked it up a notch recently, would love to see where that goes.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
With some of the flashes we’ve seen from Gauthier, I would love to see him stay on the 3rd line and get some minutes. He’s definitely kicked it up a notch recently, would love to see where that goes.

Sure, but at a certain point we've run out of spots.

There's almost no chance they trot Kravtsov out for 6 minutes a game on the 4th line. Maybe Morgan Barron, but not kravvy

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Honest talk here.
Quinn has the kid living in fear. You can see it. You gotta let a guy like that cross the line sometimes.
His play has not been that great. A big part of that I think is him being afraid to take penalties.
That said, I don't think Lemieux ever really has gotten serious about his conditioning. He looks gassed alot. Watch LA move him at the deadline for at least a 3rd.
The only thing I can say is the team knows the player better than we do. They know whats going on in the locker room, they know a guys habits and whatnot. Quinn doesn't like the guy. I guess this means Quinn is going to be around for a while.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Would've rather seen Lemieux in our 4th line than Howden, Blackwell or whoever. But if this is some juggling around with contracts, it is what it is.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Not really bothered by this, I liked any combination of PDG, Blackwell, Rooney, Gauthier and Lemieux for the bottom line. They've made some real nice later picks so no problems here

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Seriously tho this team is gonna have to find some physical players for the bottom 6 if they ever make the playoffs. Physical and can forecheck.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
What has Lemieux done to prove he's worth more than a 4th? Especially given his cap hit?

Even when they acquired him, as a two year younger, cheaper player with more (perceived) upside in a rising cap league, he was the equivalent of at best, what, a 2nd round pick? Maybe?

Now, he's 25, makes 60% more, in a flat cap league. And he's done close to nothing noticeable (other than the occasional stupid penalty) in almost two seasons here.

Get him out, get what you can, clear the cap space, and make room for Kravtsov/Barron.

As for the expansion draft, are y'all nuts? Kreider, Panarin, and Zibanejad all have to be protected. Then, you've got Strome, Buch, Chytil, Howden, Rooney, so you're already over 7 forwards there, and that's before Gauthier, Blackwell, and PDG all presumably qualify. It's a non-issue.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
He’s very replaceable and it clears 1.5M next year on a flat cap, that’s not nothing.

He’s just a guy. I’d rather have Gettinger/Barron getting those 4th line minutes than Lemieux and Blackwell.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lemieux has a $1.55M caphit.

That's pretty much the whole story, folks.

Easily replaceable. Y'all overrate the hell out of him and the 'toffness' he provides.

But feel free to die on the hill that is "Lemieux provides a lot of value to the Rangers"

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I love this GM. I trust this FO.
This team is preparing to contend in a couple years,
I am curious what it is they should be doing different

build a hockey team, not some soft garbage. Hire good coaches. not do what they did with ADA, if you hated him so much, why didn't you trade him before re-signing him? This team is soft and now got even softer as they just traded away their most physical player for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad