Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Makes no sense to me. Why not keep him to expose him to Seattle at least?
Cause he stinks and is not worth keeping. Now Krav and maybe Barron can get into the lineup. btw, his father is the biggest dick this league has ever seen.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Somehow Brendan Lemieux who has done absolutely nothing since playing for Quinn has become an icon in NY sports as a tough grit and grease player that posters are coming out of the wood works to mourn. This team needs a lot of intangibles going forward.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
And Howden has shown steps in development? I’d actually argue he was better in his first game than he is now lmao

I dont think this was a Howden Vs Lemiuex thing. Howden could. Very well on the way out between now and the start of next season.

It's freeing up a roster spot, cap space for next season and getting something for someone they likely weren't going to protect. As others have said, there have been more effective players who make less.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Bonehead move.

One of the best pests in the league and I see him being a huge playoff performer down the road just like his dad. I remember on Spittin Chiclets they were raving about his return after the suspension when he played in the bubble, he completely tilted the ice and we played with a different swagger when he's in the lineup. Lemmy sacrificed so much for this team, that shift where he injured his foot blocking a shot and literally crawled and leaped into another shot block after he already couldn't even stand; sums up who he is as a player. Or that gif of him with a black eye, cuts on his face, casually spitting out blood on the bench.

He is the over the top caricature of what a hockey player is. He's sort of a throwback. I think playing on a line with him was a big influence on Buch's transformation into USA Buch. People complained about our coaches usage of Buch but he became a different player when he was on Lemmy's line and started getting physically engaged in play. Lemmy is a hilarious dude and will be greatly missed by me. Lindgren is a similar type of thorn in peoples sides but I hope we manage to find another player who agitates like Lemieux.
He is a bad hockey player. Good riddance.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Well, I think for the record, it's only fair to point out that Quinn never liked having an agitator and fighter. Likely a product of being a college coach. Gauthier being benched for penalties tells you everything you need to know about why Lemieux was basically useless here.

Reactions: BobSantos and Sayba

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think his reputation is so tarnished that he was forced to play a different game than the one that made him effective.

Same thing that happened to Avery. Only difference was Avery had some talent.

Not crazy about this move, but I won’t let it ruin my weekend.

Reactions: ponzu4u and gabevh3

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
This year has been disappointing to say the least. Coaching is a big issue. Nothing for Deangelo. Nothing for Lemieux.
DeAngelo was a one in a million situation. Maybe we'll get some offseason gossip about it if someone like mouths off to the Czech media.

Lemieux wasn't worth anything. His only value was 1) the baseball schedule means fighting's been up, for this year only, and 2) maybe Seattle would want him, but then again the other option is Howden so who cares.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I dont think this was a Howden Vs Lemiuex thing. Howden could. Very well on the way out between now and the start of next season.

It's freeing up a roster spot, cap space for next season and getting something for someone they likely weren't going to protect. As others have said, there have been more effective players who make less.
I hope to god it’s not a Howden thing or other bottom 6 player thing. I think they want to move Howden to wing and get Barron in as center. This move seems that they made a roster move to make space for that. That’s why I think it has to do with Howden

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I wanted to like Lemieux, but he hasn’t really brought much to the table. He hasn’t agitated, brought a physical element, or shown any offensive or defensive acumen. He’s largely been a waste of a roster spot.

I wanted to like Quinn but he turned out to suck and failed to develop almost every prospect.

Reactions: trueblue30nyr

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
like 30 teams would easily give up a 3rd for him.
When you look at hte contenders alot of them simply don't have the space to add 1.5M without sending a contract back. With the schedule being so screwy I don't know how close to the deadline teams can cut it to keep the caphit to a minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad