Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Holy crap what a disappointment.
I guess his stock dropped big time not one team would even give up a second for him

Reactions: Unpredictable1

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Only to have Kravstov play 4th line minutes with a mishmosh of Howden, PDG, Gauthier, and Rooney?

The Rangers don't need the cap space and they could have kept Lemieux until the offseason to expose him to Seattle at worst case. Something stinks.
Clearing space for an Eichel trade

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Bonehead move.

One of the best pests in the league and I see him being a huge playoff performer down the road just like his dad. I remember on Spittin Chiclets they were raving about his return after the suspension when he played in the bubble, he completely tilted the ice and we played with a different swagger when he's in the lineup. Lemmy sacrificed so much for this team, that shift where he injured his foot blocking a shot and literally crawled and leaped into another shot block after he already couldn't even stand; sums up who he is as a player. Or that gif of him with a black eye, cuts on his face, casually spitting out blood on the bench.

He is the over the top caricature of what a hockey player is. He's sort of a throwback. I think playing on a line with him was a big influence on Buch's transformation into USA Buch. People complained about our coaches usage of Buch but he became a different player when he was on Lemmy's line and started getting physically engaged in play. Lemmy is a hilarious dude and will be greatly missed by me. Lindgren is a similar type of thorn in peoples sides but I hope we manage to find another player who agitates like Lemieux.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
To be clear, I'm not questioning trading Lemieux nor the return, I think it's fair. I'm questioning the timing of this.

Reactions: Kupo

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I wanted a high 3rd rounder for Lemieux so this is a bit of a disappointing return for me.

For those saying Kravtsov will play on the 4th- I doubt it. If Kravtsov plays I expect it to be on the 3rd line RW in place of Gauthier.

Additionally, this opens the space to give Barron some time with the big club if they decide to go that route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->