Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Just lol.
Lemmy has SUCKED in that role this year. Im pretty sure his penalty differential is worse this year (may be wrong on this). And hes not really doing what he was last year. I remember that boston game when Ritchie took a run at our goalie that he waited till after regulation to do something about it lmao

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
he is our 4th line Grinder he was doing his job fine.
He did a terrible job. He doesn't grind, he chases and never has the puck. And in the rare instances where he has it, he has a hard time getting it out of the zone. Offensively, he's just offensive. Has he ever made a good pass in the O-zone that didn't involve a two on one? This is addition by subtraction.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I hope to god it’s not a Howden thing or other bottom 6 player thing. I think they want to move Howden to wing and get Barron in as center. This move seems that they made a roster move to make space for that. That’s why I think it has to do with Howden

Short term maybe, longer term I think it frees up an opportunity for Barron.

Reactions: Kendo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What has Lemieux done to prove he's worth more than a 4th? Especially given his cap hit?

Even when they acquired him, as a two year younger, cheaper player with more (perceived) upside in a rising cap league, he was the equivalent of at best, what, a 2nd round pick? Maybe?

Now, he's 25, makes 60% more, in a flat cap league. And he's done close to nothing noticeable (other than the occasional stupid penalty) in almost two seasons here.

Get him out, get what you can, clear the cap space, and make room for Kravtsov/Barron.

As for the expansion draft, are y'all nuts? Kreider, Panarin, and Zibanejad all have to be protected. Then, you've got Strome, Buch, Chytil, Howden, Rooney, so you're already over 7 forwards there, and that's before Gauthier, Blackwell, and PDG all presumably qualify. It's a non-issue.

Well put.

Lemieux was just not effective at hockey. Barely effective as a pest. Because of this he’s down the pecking order behind Gauthier, Howden, Blackwell, PDG. Getting a 4th for him while opening cap and roster spot was smart.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
What would be really nice is if you could take parts of Lemieux's game and add them to Gauthier. That kid is built like a tank but doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He's gonna "aw shucks" his way right out of this league if he doesn't start driving the net and using his size.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
When you look at hte contenders alot of them simply don't have the space to add 1.5M without sending a contract back. With the schedule being so screwy I don't know how close to the deadline teams can cut it to keep the caphit to a minimum.

so then trade Howden or DiGiuseppe. And what the hell are they doing with Gauthier? If you don't like him then trade him.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
He did a terrible job. He doesn't grind, he chases and never has the puck. And in the rare instances where he has it, he has a hard time getting it out of the zone. Offensively, he's just offensive. Has he ever made a good pass in the O-zone that didn't involve a two on one? This is addition by subtraction.

who on the bottom 6 actually retrieves the puck well though? It's as much Lemieux not finding a niche in NY after 100+ games as it is our poor coaching of players that don't have overwhelming skills.

Reactions: Ail

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
If you can’t see why this trade was made, I don’t know what to say.

he did nothing. He’s not the only one who did nothing, but of the guys who did nothing another team thinks they might get something out of him. Rooney isn’t worth anything in a trade and is about equally effective. Not to mention the forward log jam is keeping guys like Kravtsov and Barron from breaking into the lineup.

Gorton was in a tough spot with the cap and the forward logjam. It’s not a secret. Every team knows it. He got something for a guy who probably will never break 25 pts in an 82 game season and has a bigger reputation than what he actually brings. It’s fine.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Lemieux had the potential to be a very unique commodity as a middle six tough guy.

He ended up being a 4th line tough guy which is the least rare thing in hockey.

That's why the former is such a commodity.
He's not that tough. He is willing but not that tough.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lemieux had nothing to do with toughness. He was a pest. A chirping SOB, who could occasionally drop the gloves (and more than often get his ass kicked).

Are the Rangers losing much with him gone? No, not really. But our 4th line is so bland, bad and in every possible way meaningless that I don't like losing him from there. At least he brought that chirping element. But, it seems like it was done for cap and roster reasons so whaddyagonnado.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
so then trade Howden or DiGiuseppe. And what the hell are they doing with Gauthier? If you don't like him then trade him.
DiGiuseppe has been a better player than Lemieux. I really don't understand the Howden hate. I think he's going to turn the corner and be a decent bottom six player.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
To be clear, I'm not questioning trading Lemieux nor the return, I think it's fair. I'm questioning the timing of this.
Good question. Maybe he went full ADA and muttered something to Shesty after the game and all hell broke loose again.

I’m adding a :sarcasm: because I have a feeling someone will take me seriously.

Reactions: Cmox and ArPanet

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
DiGiuseppe has been a better player than Lemieux. I really don't understand the Howden hate. I think he's going to turn the corner and be a decent bottom six player.

Howden is my least fav player. When he shoots the puck it goes directly into the goaltenders stomach. He has 0 offensive insticts.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad