Confirmed with Link: Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk Staying with Habs!

Habtchum*

IMO everything from Gallagher being kept as the 14th forward instead of simply being recalled, to being told he's sticking with the club is to keep his confidence high & prevent discouragement.

It would seem Therrien learned a great deal from coaching Crosby & Staal in their rookie year.

He can recognize talent when he's got some in his hands.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That depends on his emotional attachments to his parents.

Kids that don't listen is because they've lost a good part of their emotional attachment to their parents and became more peer oriented at a young age.

It's no surprise that society has seen an overwhelming increase in peer orientation in the past 50 years, as parents have had to work increasingly more (work week up 135% in average in the course of the last 50 years), and modern life has become more stressful.

But, Galchenyuk seems to be part of the minority rather than today's norm.
This is incredibly OT, but this is soooo damn wrong.. Working class was working 14 hours a day in the 19th century.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
There's been absolutely nothing that would indicate that Galchenyuk would be a handful, or disrespectful towards his parents.

By all accounts, he's humble, hard working and respects authority.

Add in the Russian mother factor, and I don't think we need to worry about it.

I don't know much about Russian culture so can someone plus knowledgeable clarify a bit here?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Habs should bring the father to Montreal. Buy his Sarnia contract out if necessary. Bring the family together and continue teaching Galchenyuk.

Maybe they should hire him for Bulldogs....

http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/11/01/plymouth-will-be-good-test-for-sting

Belarussian Elvis, a.k.a assistant coach Alex Galchenyuk Sr
1297333348340_ORIGINAL.jpg

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Look at Gallant too, chilling with Prust. Finally a good, human coaching staff here.

thats the thing, when Gally twins scored there goals , Therrien is over there patting them on the back, praising them and smiling with them...Jacques Martin would have benched them for scoring ...lol

One thing you really notice, the coaches are coaching/motivating .....not a bunch of stone faces with no emotion.....

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
That depends on his emotional attachments to his parents.

Kids that don't listen is because they've lost a good part of their emotional attachment to their parents and became more peer oriented at a young age.

It's no surprise that society has seen an overwhelming increase in peer orientation in the past 50 years, as parents have had to work increasingly more (work week up 135% in average in the course of the last 50 years), and modern life has become more stressful.

But, Galchenyuk seems to be part of the minority rather than today's norm.

This is incredibly OT, but this is soooo damn wrong.. Working class was working 14 hours a day in the 19th century.

Went to bed last night in 1878, woke up this morning in 2013 :help:

Habtchum*

thats the thing, when Gally twins scored there goals , Therrien is over there patting them on the back, praising them and smiling with them...Jacques Martin would have benched them for scoring ...lol

One thing you really notice, the coaches are coaching/motivating .....not a bunch of stone faces with no emotion.....

About time ! This team, with its limited talent and skills, must play with passion.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Man, the image wouldn't load, so I right clicked and clicked "open image in new tab".
Mistake, ads are NSFW...

Really?? ****... I have ad-blocker. Guess I'll start uploading them elsewhere. Sorry. :(

68*

More gifs of Michel Therrien please. Guy is a boss.

Someone find where he lives and film him. I wanna see him mowing his lawn, throwing out the trash, doing home improvements, etc.. Guy is a beauty. (no homo, no creep)

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine

OT : The Industrial Revolution was extremelly harsh indeed, but it doesn't represent History as a whole.

Not OT : That's great news ! The two kids are feeding energy to the whole team ! We would have lost to the Devils if it wasn't for them.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
this is why it is safe to keep the young guys up..

MT is good at bringing them along (Jordan Staal),but Gerard Gallant was lights out coach in jr hockey...so makes it way easier to keep your young guys around ....so a big time plus for the young guys to have someone who they can relate too,and someone who understands young players of today's generation.

On April 24, 2009, Gallant was introduced as the new head coach of the Saint John Sea Dogs in the QMJHL. In his first season behind the Sea Dogs’ bench, he led his team to a franchise record 53 wins and 309 goals scored and earning the regular season title. He was named the QMJHL as well as the CHL Coach of the Year while taking the Sea Dogs to the President’s Cup final. Gallant’s second season, in 2010-11, was even more successful as his team tied a QMJHL record with 58 wins and repeated as the QMJHL and CHL Coach of the Year. The Sea Dogs won a second straight regular season championship and a President’s Cup before capturing the Memorial Cup becoming the first Atlantic Canadian team to win the trophy. In 2011-12, Gallant and his Sea Dogs earned yet another QMJHL title with a league-leading 50 wins, 15 losses and 3 shootout wins and a second consecutive trip to the Memorial Cup. Over three seasons at the helm of the Saint John Sea Dogs, Gallant’s record sits at an amazing 159 wins, 34 losses and 9 overtime/shootout losses. Furthermore, the Sea Dogs set a QMHJL record as they became the first team ever to have three consecutive 100-point seasons.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Really?? ****... I have ad-blocker. Guess I'll start uploading them elsewhere. Sorry. :(

Actually, I think you're using the wrong link. The pic URL works fine:

Gally_Wink.gif

I believe you're using the page link, not the pic's. (If I recall correctly, it's not the first time your pics don't show.)

:teach:

Yeah, I got the same thing but the firewall blocked the ads, not the gif... thank god !

Tried it again, and it's the website that plays tricks on your links. While you try to copy the pic's link and open it, it switches you to a page link where there are NSFW ads. Tricky postimage. Use tinypic like many do. Seems to work just fine. Used it for this one earlier today:

34j8vpg.jpg

(cheap way to show my Deal Or No Deal gif again ;))

void

Jan 5, 2006
Actually, I think you're using the wrong link. The pic URL works fine:

Gally_Wink.gif

I believe you're using the page link, not the pic's. (If I recall correctly, it's not the first time your pics don't show.)

:teach:

No, I'm pretty sure the links I used are correct. I can't see yours, but I can see mine. I tried different browsers and my iPad, and I can see my GIFS everywhere. It's because some of them are bigger than 3mb and I can't find any other website besides postimage that allows me to upload them.

Does anyone know of any other websites?

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
this is why it is safe to keep the young guys up..

MT is good at bringing them along (Jordan Staal),but Gerard Gallant was lights out coach in jr hockey...so makes it way easier to keep your young guys around ....so a big time plus for the young guys to have someone who they can relate too,and understands young players.

I'm honestly surprised Gallant was OK with an assistant position. He is one hell of a coach and a major plus for player development.

Daaaaaaamn! This season is refreshing so far!

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
No, I'm pretty sure the links I used are correct. I can't see yours, but I can see mine. I tried different browsers and my iPad, and I can see my GIFS everywhere. It's because some of them are bigger than 3mb and I can't find any other website besides postimage that allows me to upload them.

Does anyone know of any other websites?

No worries abotu the links. The GIFs are awesome!

Did you try imgur, that's what all of reddit uses?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00