Confirmed with Link: Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk Staying with Habs!

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Eric Engels ‏@EricEngels
In other news, B.Gionta welcomes a fourth child into his household-- one that can help with the bills, carpool, laundry, babysitting & wins

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
:handclap::5::cheers::hyper::highclap:

So who is taking Gallagher under his wing? Gorges? Heard something like that during the lockout.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't see how Gallagher gets that assurance. Granted, he has been very fine so far, but he's not in the same boat as Galchenyuk for assurances... if Gallagher gets in a rut, it's back to Hamilton for him, not the same as Galchenyuk.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I don't want to see anybody whine about the "wasting" of a ELC year. This is awesome news.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Eric Wong ‏@wongobongo88
@EricEngels Maybe the Giontas could use some new babysitters. I think @BGALLY17 and @AGally94 have some free time. #Bnanny17 #Ananny94

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Glad this franchise is going with the young guys. I was one of those that thought AG should go back to juniors to save one year on his ELC, but I now come to my senses and realize he has nothing left to learn in juniors and is playing pretty good hockey.

Also glad that the young guys are going to live with a veteran, this way they can be mentored and not left to do what they want. As an 18 year old in MTL, the nightlife was fun. I can only imagine what it would be an 18 year old with money to burn!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't see how Gallagher gets that assurance. Granted, he has been very fine so far, but he's not in the same boat as Galchenyuk for assurances... if Gallagher gets in a rut, it's back to Hamilton for him, not the same as Galchenyuk.

True but they usually inform the players if they can get an apartment or if they should continue living in hotel rooms.

BTW, did lemieux revolutionize development? Ever since crosby lived with him seems every young player goes with someone now.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

Gallagher almost made the Habs out of camp last year no? I'm assuming Therrien saw enough of him with the Bulldogs to have an opinion on him and he probably thinks that Gallagher is mature enough and can bring something to the team going forward, just like Galchenyuk, so he won't be returned to the 'Dogs either. Of course, they will always have that as an option but imo he's part of the team now and this is is home.

LaTenderness*

seasons way to short to be worried about ruts.... the kids got the work ethic to work thru it and we simply dont have any better options. Pac wont be our only forward to miss games this season sadly.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
What happens when Pacioretty, Subban and Nokelainen are on the roster?

14 forwards 8 defensemans 2 goalies

Assuming everyone is healthy and has a contract.

Weber trade for pick?
Nokelainen down with NHL salary?
Eller trade? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad