Confirmed with Link: Brendan Gallagher and Alex Galchenyuk Staying with Habs!

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
why so serious!?

BBuzJMGCAAAMtTG.jpg

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Why isn't Galchenyuk #94? I liked that number :(

No one really knows. He arrived at rookie camp in the summer and they gave him 27.

He went to the NHLPA showcase for the merchandise filming, took #94, even tweeted he would be #94.

Then he came to camp this year...he was 27 again...told the media he did not care about his number.

A lot of us think he'll switch to 94 eventually when he's established.

Today reminds me of this at 1:20

''A lot people say I am not gonna play in the NHL next year...I am going to prove them wrong.''

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Only time will tell IMO.

The 2012 draft was like the 2004 one.

Yakupov=Ovechkin... picked first overall. Wingers, explosive offensively, question marks defensively.

Galchenyuk=Malkin... picked after (small difference I know, one was second overall the other was third), centers, might not be THAT explosive but just as efficient offensively if not more.

*I compare the type of players... not saying Galchenyuk will become as good as Malkin.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Hopefully someone can help me clear this up. One thing that somewhat bothers me about Gallagher is the fact that everywhere he has gone, he's been at around 1.5 to 2 PIM/Game. Now for a player of his character, and considering the way he plays, it is somewhat understandable. But what exactly were these penaltys for? Does someone know if they are effort penaltys such as hooking (which would surprise me) or are they related to his on ice agitator/intense role which makes him vulnerable to penaltys?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He got an empty net goal but he is -1 in a 4-1 Oilers win.:laugh:

This hate is so immature, Yakupov is gonna be a good one. I'm happy with Galchenyuk and it's not like Yakupov was an option, no reason to be insecure.

Eberle and RNH were -1 too, trade those bums.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Hopefully someone can help me clear this up. One thing that somewhat bothers me about Gallagher is the fact that everywhere he has gone, he's been at around 1.5 to 2 PIM/Game. Now for a player of his character, and considering the way he plays, it is somewhat understandable. But what exactly were these penaltys for? Does someone know if they are effort penaltys such as hooking (which would surprise me) or are they related to his on ice agitator/intense role which makes him vulnerable to penaltys?

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/808

Here's his WHL profile page, all the boxscores are accessible from there in the ''view stats by game'' section.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
This hate is so immature, Yakupov is gonna be a good one. I'm happy with Galchenyuk and it's not like Yakupov was an option, no reason to be insecure.

Eberle and RNH were -1 too, trade those bums.

Did you see the game? Yakupov was standing around waiting for the stretch pass leaving his teammates defend downlow on the lone Avs' goal. On the empty net goal, I thought that Gagner pull down the defenceman and leave Yakupov opened. Call me unimpressed.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Did you see the game? Yakupov was standing around waiting for the stretch pass leaving his teammates defend downlow on the lone Avs' goal. On the empty net goal, I thought that Gagner pull down the defenceman and leave Yakupov opened. Call me unimpressed.

Reminds me of what a lot of young, superstar goal-scorers start out like. He's already shown in the first few games that he belongs at this level. Now he has to show a willingness to improve. Yak's gonna be just fine.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal

He's got them cojones. That alone costs 1,5/2 PiMs per game.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Reminds me of what a lot of young, superstar goal-scorers start out like. He's already shown in the first few games that he belongs at this level. Now he has to show a willingness to improve. Yak's gonna be just fine.

Exactly. Galchenyuk can very well end up a better player than him and is already more well rounded, that doesn't mean Yakupov won't be a great scorer. He alternates between trying to do too much and not doing enough...which can also describe Gally out there.

The Oilers as a whole are a work in progress, this reminds me of people trying to write off Hall as a bust.

hkygirl17

Jan 8, 2012
Vancouver

A lot of his penalties are from crashing the net. Mostly goalie interference calls..

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
From day one, I prefered Gally over Yak.

If everything goes as expected (and it's a big "if" of course) -- no major injuries, for example -- Gally > Yak as Malkin > Ovechkin and Seguin > Hall. These guys will evolve into more well-rounded and versatile players.

baldrick

Jul 1, 2005
Habs haven't had a forward prospect like Galchenyuk in so long, it feels fantastic!
Comparing players from the same draft is like buttering bread. Critical comments about Edmonton just sound like jealousy, oh, to have their problems with young players! :naughty:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Galchenyuk could turn out to be the best player in the draft for sure.

I'd have been happy with Yakupov too. Both look like they have great careers ahead of them. So nice to finally have a chance at getting a real number one center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad