Brandon Prust attacks Tuukka Rask on Twitter

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Prust comments were avoidable. Rask is the master of his life, and familiy issue are more important than blocking pucks.
But reading here, also shows that some comments on Prust are/were avoidable.

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Prust comments were avoidable. Rask is the master of his life, and familiy issue are more important than blocking pucks.
But reading here, also shows that some comments on Prust are/were avoidable.
Absolutely. I believe that the best measure of character is how people behave when in a position of authority or somehow not exposed to severe judgement or repercussions. Then you see their true-self and how they will treat others when given free reign. I see this throughout life, many different examples and situations where this power dynamic is at play. And sadly many people perform not well, while at the same time waving the ‘flag of righteousness’ at every opportunity.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I am kind of on the fence with this, like if there was some legitimate health issues which I heard than I can't blame Tukka, but other than that I do not know

Big facts.

I find it kinda cringe that I see some of the players in the bubble acting like it's killing them to not be with their families. Like come on. Get paid a ton of money, are home 24/7 for many months during the off season, especially now since they didn't play for a long time due to Corona.

I get missing your family, but no reason to be so soft about it. Win for your team and forget everything else.

I'm speaking from opinion however and I don't know the specifics at all about rasks situation. Just how big of a deal I see players make this out to be is a bit strange to me,even as a family man.

Last edited:

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
The replies in this thread are as weird as Prust's dig at Rask. Perhaps he has a personal problem with Rask? He's been through some high intensity series against the Bruins when he was with the Habs. Perhaps he's still bitter about them? He's allowed to hate someone if he wants. It's not healthy for him but he's allowed.

People are calling him dumb, P.O.S, dirtbag, mentally ill etc... Either way, the reactions here are exaggerated

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The replies in this thread are as weird as Prust's dig at Rask. Perhaps he has a personal problem with Rask? People are calling him dumb, P.O.S, dirtbag, mentally ill etc... Either way, the reactions here are exaggerated

Even if he does have a personal problem with Rask, his “wanting to go home to cuddle” comment has earned him being called every name in the book. f*** him.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The replies in this thread are as weird as Prust's dig at Rask. Perhaps he has a personal problem with Rask? He's been through some high intensity series against the Bruins when he was with the Habs. Perhaps he's still bitter about them? He's allowed to hate someone if he wants. It's not healthy for him but he's allowed.

People are calling him dumb, P.O.S, dirtbag, mentally ill etc... Either way, the reactions here are exaggerated

What he said is extremely disrespectful. We still don't know the details...but regardless...why would you say something like that?

It's one thing to question the reason for Rask's departure...or perhaps even to question his commitment. Being a total prick when (I assume) said person has never done a damn thing to you in your life shouldn't be something that a reasonable society accepts, redirects, and makes excuses for.

I'm sure there are comments within this thread that aren't kind to Prust, but that doesn't have much to do with a former player going off on a situation he knows nothing about. Conducting oneself in a respectful manner is a reasonable expectation of a person in my opinion.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
At this point, any Brandon Prust "attack" is like being attacked with a plastic fork. He's not being taken too seriously.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I won't blame someone for going to his family in these times but I must admit it's great seeing the reaction of the Dallas goalie. Warms my heart.

And I will never go after Prust cause of how of a warrior he was with us. A true warrior going to war for his teamates. He wasn't just a goon like silly posters are saying here.

Reactions: Riddum

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Big facts.

I find it kinda cringe that I see some of the players in the bubble acting like it's killing them to not be with their families. Like come on. Get paid a ton of money, are home 24/7 for many months during the off season, especially now since they didn't play for a long time due to Corona.

I get missing your family, but no reason to be so soft about it. Win for your team and forget everything else.

I'm speaking from opinion however and I don't know the specifics at all about rasks situation. Just how big of a deal I see players make this out to be is a bit strange to me,even as a family man.

You do realize that the words "family" and "soft" pretty much go hand-in-hand, right?

Take it from someone who has seen his kids once in the last 4 years: If you have a family and aren't "soft" about them, you're absolutely f***ing doing it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You do realize that the words "family" and "soft" pretty much go hand-in-hand, right?

Take it from someone who has seen his kids once in the last 4 years: If you have a family and aren't "soft" about them, you're absolutely f***ing doing it wrong.
4 years vs a couple months. Nice false equivalency. And when the season is done they're not working besides the gym. They're home vacationing for months.

You're out of touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vohaul

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
It's par for the course for Prust. It's no secret he's a complete dirtbag.

It's funny, in a way. Because... well pointless back story - but I'm from Halifax, was living in Calgary. Friend from Halifax (who grew up in Ontario and knew Prust from there and still keeps in touch with him) was staying with me for a bit after moving to Calgary.

Sister is there too (die hard life time habs fan), playing in high level (relatively speaking) adult womens hockey in Alberta. I always went to all my sisters games, and I brought my friend with me. She texted Prust how she was at a game, yadda yadda (it was when he was a Hab). He said wish her luck, or whatnot. It's not a big deal, but my sister didn't expect it and normally it would be sorta neat to be shown a text after a game from a player you don't personally know from your NHL team giving an encouragement or good luck or whatnot. Lol, because it's Prust my sister was pretty oh. Neat. Indifferent.

Reactions: Eagle Peninsula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad