Brandon Prust attacks Tuukka Rask on Twitter

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Brandon Prust who was brought to Vancouver to stick up for the rookies and refused to stick up for the rookies. Ryan Miller fought Matt Martin and Prust refused to fight Getzlaf. And this guy is chirping someone for leaving to tend to his sick child. Unbelievable

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I loved Prust. A good technical fighter.

And he's in the right, you know. Rask put his team in a bad spot. He should have stayed away completely, if he didn't want to be in the bubble

Back in the old days players didn't get days off for when their wives were giving birth, nor would they ask. And they didn't even live a life of luxury.

Now it's like hockey is a nice hobby only.
If that's how you feel and you prefer the old days, I think you should lead by example. Step in to your boss and demand your salary is cut in half, while you'll work 6 days a week, 14 hours a day. It should also be legal for your employer to beat you and if you get injured on the job, you're thrown out in the street. Also, no sick days allowed or you're fired.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wait, so Brandon Prust is a jerk?

giphy.gif

Reactions: mclaren55

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Rask's kid got sick when he was already in the bubble. He wasn't reluctant to be in the bubble, but the situation changed when he was playing. If his daughter would have gotten sick before Rask had to leave, I think he would have stayed out of the bubble.

It's good that hockey players have more rights today. It is just hockey and no one should miss the birth of their child 'cos they have to stop rubber pucks from going into a net. I would also say that hockey is more serious now than what it was back in the day. You have to get everything out of your body and be ready to play 82 games per season. You have to stay in shape throughout the year and players don't drink beer in the dressing room anymore after the games. You have to commit to getting into the NHL from young age. I wouldn't call it just a hobby.
This is not entirely true, but I suspect we will never know the truth or what exactly happen. Sweeney said when this all went down, that they saw this coming, so hinting at the fact that this was not simply an issue that cropped up over night. He also said his family fine and healthy. He and the Bruins eventually changed their position and backed Tuukka after several days though. So the situation was way more nuisance.

Lets also not forget Tuukka's strange comments a few days before all this. If this was Bergeron, I dont think you find one person doubting him, but given Tuukka's history, people are suspect of him

Reactions: Windy River

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Lets not forget too that in both SC clinching games in 13 and 19 he was terrible

Yet he played at an elite level over a long enough sample size to get the Bruins to that point.

Adjusting the narrative to crap on Rask isn't what I expect of his own team's fans. The Bruins supported him from the start. There is no conspiracy here.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yet he played at an elite level over a long enough sample size to get the Bruins to that point.

Adjusting the narrative to crap on Rask isn't what I expect of his own team's fans. The Bruins supported him from the start. There is no conspiracy here.
They didnt support him from the start, thats the whole point. Do you want me to post the quotes? Also, no one is adjusting the narrative. He's a great goalie, arguably the best to ever wear a bruins sweater, but the facts are the facts. If Tuukka never played another game, this would be part of his legacy. Who's really adjusting the narrative here? Who really doesnt want to admit his short comings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad