Brandon Prust attacks Tuukka Rask on Twitter

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
4 years vs a couple months. Nice false equivalency. And when the season is done they're not working besides the gym. They're home vacationing for months.

You're out of touch.

Same principles apply, whether or not you agree with them:

Have family
Be away from family
Love family
Miss family
Want to go see family

Four days, four weeks, four months, or four years; you can't say someone is "wrong" for how they feel.

I mean, you can, but it's really not a good look.

I'm not the one out of touch here.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Where is this animosity for Prust coming from? Dude was warrior, not afraid to get his ass kicked by the other team's heavyweights in order to rally his own team. He was a team player and not even dirty.

I loved Prust. A good technical fighter.

And he's in the right, you know. Rask put his team in a bad spot. He should have stayed away completely, if he didn't want to be in the bubble

Back in the old days players didn't get days off for when their wives were giving birth, nor would they ask. And they didn't even live a life of luxury.

Now it's like hockey is a nice hobby only.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
v1.bjszMzE1NzA7ajsxODU0MzsxMjAwOzI3MTA7NDA4MA

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Same principles apply, whether or not you agree with them:

Have family
Be away from family
Love family
Miss family
Want to go see family

Four days, four weeks, four months, or four years; you can't say someone is "wrong" for how they feel.

I mean, you can, but it's really not a good look.

I'm not the one out of touch here.

"Take it from someone who has seen his kids once in the last 4 years: If you have a family and aren't "soft" about them"

Your own words. Why include time in your reasoning if suddenly it's a nonfactor? Hockey players live a life of luxury and have an abundance of free time due to their career. They have the wealth of money pouring in, and months and months of family time after the season is done.

Since Tuuka's daughter had a health issue, I understand that. This post isn't about him at all.

To miss your family that badly in a job that gives you a ton of free time and great income is a bit ridiculous. They're gone for a few months, they're not gone for "4" years.

By your logic it's completely normal for my wife to miss me after I'm strapped to the toilet after taco Tuesday.

Get real.

member 305909

People who criticize Radk for his decision to leave the bubble are probably those who never liked him in the first place and would like to see him gone from Bruins. This incident gave them a perfect excuse to bash Rask.

It also made them appear as petty-minded people.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
"Take it from someone who has seen his kids once in the last 4 years: If you have a family and aren't "soft" about them"

Your own words. Why include time in your reasoning if suddenly it's a nonfactor? Hockey players live a life of luxury and have an abundance of free time due to their career. They have the wealth of money pouring in, and months and months of family time after the season is done.

Since Tuuka's daughter had a health issue, I understand that. This post isn't about him at all.

To miss your family that badly in a job that gives you a ton of free time and great income is a bit ridiculous. They're gone for a few months, they're not gone for "4" years.

By your logic it's completely normal for my wife to miss me after I'm strapped to the toilet after taco Tuesday.

Get real.

Umm, okay then, you're obviously right. Have fun on your hyperbole horse defending Right Castle up on Right Hill from all the people who aren't right.

Which I guess is everyone but you. Toodles!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Umm, okay then, you're obviously right. Have fun on your hyperbole horse defending Right Castle up on Right Hill from all the people who aren't right.

Which I guess is everyone but you. Toodles!

Lol nice way to bow out I guess.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Let's pluck 2 games he was subpar (although I disagree on 2013) and ignore the entire playoff run where he was phenomenal.
Im not ignoring anything. He's a great goalie, but part of his legacy is under performing or bailing (see Olympic bronze metal game, last game of 2016 to make the playoffs, the bubble) in clutch situations.

Reactions: Kallio

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Im not ignoring anything. He's a great goalie, but part of his legacy is under performing or bailing (see Olympic bronze metal game, last game of 2016 to make the playoffs, the bubble) in clutch situations.

One was the flu, i forget the 2016 reason but i do remember being rather unhappy about it, and this year was a family concern.

I’ll grant you 1 out of those 3 at best. We don’t know the whole story on any of it and never will. If the team says they’re ok with him heading home then I’m ok with it too. They have a better handle on it than we do. Period

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And yes, you’re ignoring whole playoff runs and moving the goal posts. First it was his performance in 2 games out of 40ish (I’m guessing) combined across the two playoff runs. Now it’s times he was sick or tending to family emergencies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
One was the flu, i forget the 2016 reason but i do remember being rather unhappy about it, and this year was a family concern.

I’ll grant you 1 out of those 3 at best. We don’t know the whole story on any of it and never will. If the team says they’re ok with him heading home then I’m ok with it too. They have a better handle on it than we do. Period
And yes, you’re ignoring whole playoff runs and moving the goal posts. First it was his performance in 2 games out of 40ish (I’m guessing) combined across the two playoff runs. Now it’s times he was sick or tending to family emergencies.
It was "illness" but the bottom line is you cant count on him to be there when you need him, both figuratively with his poor play, and literally, as in he may not literally show up. Either way you cant count on him, even if you want to say every reason was legit for not being there, he still wasnt there.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Well...uhhm.. Rask doesn’t really care much for the success of his team?

Family comes first, that's another team he is a part of. This is just hockey after all. Also, it is better to have a goalie on the ice that is completely focused on the game and not worrying constantly.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I loved Prust. A good technical fighter.

And he's in the right, you know. Rask put his team in a bad spot. He should have stayed away completely, if he didn't want to be in the bubble

Back in the old days players didn't get days off for when their wives were giving birth, nor would they ask. And they didn't even live a life of luxury.

Now it's like hockey is a nice hobby only.

Rask's kid got sick when he was already in the bubble. He wasn't reluctant to be in the bubble, but the situation changed when he was playing. If his daughter would have gotten sick before Rask had to leave, I think he would have stayed out of the bubble.

It's good that hockey players have more rights today. It is just hockey and no one should miss the birth of their child 'cos they have to stop rubber pucks from going into a net. I would also say that hockey is more serious now than what it was back in the day. You have to get everything out of your body and be ready to play 82 games per season. You have to stay in shape throughout the year and players don't drink beer in the dressing room anymore after the games. You have to commit to getting into the NHL from young age. I wouldn't call it just a hobby.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Any father who puts a sports activity, professional or otherwise, higher in importance than the health of his children, should have the kids taken away from him for good. Either to live with the mother or taken into custody.

Reactions: shello

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad