Confirmed with Link: Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Look he may go to the CHL ,but for the short term it looks more and more likely is NHL/AHL

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Tkachuk, Bellows and Coyle are all pretty close in terms of status as prospects. They each have their own defining traits but they'll all be similarly productive 2nd line type of wingers in the NHL.
If they did during their draft they would have went top 10 easily. Non of those guys played a pro style of game during their draft like Brady does. Brady is projected as a top line winger

I dunno what to tell you if you think Brady Bellows and Coyle are 'pretty close'

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yep AHL would be where I would like him also...Let him and Brown blowtorch that league,or at least try too
I think people around here are out of touch with how hard it is to score in the AHL. I sound like a broken record but just take a look at Stone, Dzingel, Hoffman and Pageaus first season in the AHL. Not one person that wants tkachuk to play pro this season has looked i am sure of it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they did during their draft they would have went top 10 easily. Non of those guys played a pro style of game during their draft like Brady does. Brady is projected as a top line winger

I dunno what to tell you if you think Brady Bellows and Coyle are 'pretty close'
Bellows has showed far more ability to score goals than Tkachuk. His shot is actually pro ready. You can argue until youre blue in the face that im wrong but the eye test and specifically actual real stats say that you are wrong.

Brady Tkachuk certainly is a better prospect but he has lots more development to do. Youre in denial or arent educated on the prospect if you think otherwise.

Reactions: Boud and BondraTime

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think people around here are out of touch with how hard it is to score in the AHL. I sound like a broken record but just take a look at Stone, Dzingel, Hoffman and Pageaus first season in the AHL. Not one person that wants tkachuk to play pro this season has looked i am sure of it.
Thats fair ,but with any and all prospects there is always that hope....

Reactions: bert

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Bellows has showed far more ability to score goals than Tkachuk. His shot is actually pro ready. You can argue until youre blue in the face that im wrong but the eye test and specifically actual real stats say that you are wrong.

Sorry did I argue the Bellows doesnt have a good release? You must be seeing things

Bellows has a really good shot no doubt. Unfortunately that is not the only criteria that makes you a top prospect or pro ready

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sorry did I argue the Bellows doesnt have a good release? You must be seeing things

Bellows has a really good shot no doubt. Unfortunately that is not the only criteria that makes you a top prospect or pro ready

Couldnt agree more. Tkachuk has a long way to go.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Couldnt agree more. Tkachuk has a long way to go.
I think its best we see what he can do before we rush to judge what he can and cant do well...I suspect his shot is probably better than most here think it is

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So Dale Hunter can't teach scoring goals? Must be why guys like Horvat, Marner, and M.Tkachuk had such a hard time transitioning to the NHL gam... er, oh wait....

I have no problem with Brady going to the AHL to develop, I think playing there will help his game, but that doesn't mean playing in London won't. Both options have their advantages imo. My personal preference is AHL tbh, I think learning to deal with the heavier forcheck and stronger opposition will help more than gaining confidence dominating a league of 16 to 20 year olds, but in London he'd be getting lots of time to hone his offensive game.

I agree with this. I'm not trying to be super critical of the Hunters, I'm more of a feeling that a) BT has the ability to score more than he did, and the his role and playing situation last year was a large part in him not scoring more goals. I also don't think that scoring lots in the CHL next year will automatically lead to him becoming a goal scoring dynamo in the NHL like some people hope. I feel like there are some people who are reading too much into his numbers from last year, and are also hoping that the CHL will change him into the player they were hoping we would have drafted. BT is his own player and needs to be developed within the scope of who his is.

These being my opinions, I feel that he is better suited to play in the AHL where the staff can focus on specifically on his development. I'm also excited for the coaching hire and think that he'll get the best development there playing with his future team mates and learning the pro game with a ton of team support.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Cholowski 20OA 2016 Bellows 19OA 2016 both left the NCAA after 1 year and went to the CHL

Bellows went 7g 7a 14 pts in his rookie year at BU and went 41g 33a 74 pts the next year at Portland WHL
Cholowski went 1g 11a 12 pts in his rookie year at St. Cloud and went 14g 52a 66pts in the WHL the next year.

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That college production from those two doesn't exactly scream comparable to BT in his first college year. Perhaps I'm missing something though...

Reactions: topshelf15

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Love me Charlie Coyle, but I expect he is closer to Brady’s floor than ceiling.

Tkachuk will likely have a similar frame when he is done filling out.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Maybe it speaks more to how Tkachuk was overvalued in his draft when he compares historically to mid first round picks.

'Pro style game' sounds like gobbledygook. What does that even mean? Is that some kind of code for physical? Because playing physical isn't exactly a huge component to the current pro game. Being quick and having the ability to maintain possession is the pro game. Tkachuk isn't that quick and doesn't have great hands in traffic to keep the puck on his stick. He doesn't much resemble the current progame. He also chases hits instead of making defensive plays which is something you see even less now.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Maybe it speaks more to how Tkachuk was overvalued in his draft when he compares historically to mid first round picks.

'Pro style game' sounds like gobbledygook. What does that even mean? Is that some kind of code for physical? Because playing physical isn't exactly a huge component to the current pro game. Being quick and having the ability to maintain possession is the pro game. Tkachuk isn't that quick and doesn't have great hands in traffic to keep the puck on his stick. He doesn't much resemble the current progame. He also chases hits instead of making defensive plays which is something you see even less now.

We won't know that for a few years but many scouts had him early in the 1st . Really early

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

From what I read he is known to have excellent hands in close, but hey maybe you've seen something that scouts haven't...

If you go back and read through the various scouting reports you'll find clarification that when scouts are talking about the other excellent facets of his game, they aren't actually confused, or being confusing, about his physical game.

You're trying so hard, and that's something I guess, but it comes across as lame I have to admit, like counter-culture, being ironic, ultra hipster, lame. We all know that if/when he becomes the player we hope he can be you'll be right up there enjoying the player as though you didn't spend the entire summer trying to convince the world that he was no better than a 3rd line grinder.

You know he's good, you're just behaving like Zadina took your free drink and chose to spend the night at BT's table.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
From what I read he is known to have excellent hands in close, but hey maybe you've seen something that scouts haven't...

If you go back and read through the various scouting reports you'll find clarification that when scouts are talking about the other excellent facets of his game, they aren't actually confused, or being confusing, about his physical game.

You're trying so hard, and that's something I guess, but it comes across as lame I have to admit, like counter-culture, being ironic, ultra hipster, lame. We all know that if/when he becomes the player we hope he can be you'll be right up there enjoying the player as though you didn't spend the entire summer trying to convince the world that he was no better than a 3rd line grinder.

You know he's good, you're just behaving like Zadina took your free drink and chose to spend the night at BT's table.
Oh yes, and when he becomes a 45 point supplemental 2nd line player, I'm sure you'll admit you were terribly wrong and should have considered that my opinion wasn't just trolling.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Can he even play in the AHL? I thought you had to be 20 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad