Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He will play 4 years in the NCAA and leave as a FA.......Just well its the Sens

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He absolutely should not play for the sens this season, he has alot of development to do. I think he is a year a BU and a year in the AHL away from what ive seen. Big players take longer to develop he needs as much time as he can get before playing in the NHL.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Go back to BU, have a strong season, and then train in the summer of 2-19 with the intention of making the team out of camp.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Easy decision. BU. Not sure what the incentive is for him playing next year with the big club.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tkachuk could choose to return to BU, and would most likley represent the USA at the IIHF World Junior Championship, and could then sign an ELC at the conclusion of his season, like White and Wolanin did, and then join Ottawa late in the season, or even report to Belleville.

In any case Aug. 12th is his self-imposed deadline to make his decision public

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Does BU have a good team next year?

If Troy Mann is good at developing players maybe Belleville is a better spot

Play him with Chlapik/Brown and Batherson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I have no issues with him playing in Belleville or London. BU is ok too, I just want him to only come to Ottawa once he's shown he's ready.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He absolutely should not play for the sens this season, he has alot of development to do. I think he is a year a BU and a year in the AHL away from what ive seen. Big players take longer to develop he needs as much time as he can get before playing in the NHL.

Definitely raw.. Needs development in several areas and he needs to get stronger and put on a little weight... Then watch out.. I like what I see in his raw abilities, and I think there is lots to like.

Reactions: aragorn

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Can't wait to see him at the WJC.

He really should spend 1 year away from here, lots can change for the better in that timeframe.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Please go back to BU for a year and play in the World Juniors. He should have a great season/tournament and definitely be ready to battle for a roster spot in 2019-20.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I expect that he will return to BU for at least a yr, if not two. I would like to see that the Sens have cleaned out a number of roster spots by then & inserted a number of their good prospects so that by the time BT gets to Ottawa he will have some legitimate good NHL players to play with & maybe a real NHL coach too. By that point, I would expect that Docker could also be ready to challenge for an NHL job in Ottawa. While Ottawa could still use a legitimate sniper at forward, they should have a very good team that could be very difficult to play against.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Logical thinking seems to be do at least one year ncaa or ohl then some AHL time half to full season progression dictating call up, Sens likely looking to rush him, unsure of players intent.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Has a very weak shot. I wouldn't expect him to score more than 20 -25 goals in the NHL on a regular basis. This next season at BU will be very telling. He will have to improve of his pedestrian numbers from last year no question.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He will play 4 years in the NCAA and leave as a FA.......Just well its the Sens

There is a zero percent chance of this happening. Financially it makes zero sense for him, as he still has to sign an ELC even if he waited that long. This is one of the reasons Wolanin came to us - it's not like anyone else could offer him more even had he waited. Waiting until age 22 to make his pro debut, and begin the countdown to free agency, is financial lunacy - won't happen. There's a chance he does one more year at NCAA but that's it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There is a zero percent chance of this happening. Financially it makes zero sense for him, as he still has to sign an ELC even if he waited that long. This is one of the reasons Wolanin came to us - it's not like anyone else could offer him more even had he waited. Waiting until age 22 to make his pro debut, and begin the countdown to free agency, is financial lunacy - won't happen. There's a chance he does one more year at NCAA but that's it.

Still zero?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I hope he stays in University, just because this season is already a disaster and I want all our young players protected from this horrid ownership and completely chaotic management team

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Waiting until age 22 to make his pro debut, and begin the countdown to free agency, is financial lunacy - won't happen. There's a chance he does one more year at NCAA but that's it.

When was the last time this actually happened - Justin Schultz (who almost picked Ottawa as his FA destination ironically)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->