Confirmed with Link: Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Dorion is so in need of this guy to sell some good news that I expect him to make the team. He'll have to be pretty bad not to make it.

Reactions: Emerica

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tkachuk, Bellows and Coyle are all pretty close in terms of status as prospects. They each have their own defining traits but they'll all be similarly productive 2nd line type of wingers in the NHL.
What you think they WILL be has nothing to do with their status as prospects. Tkatchuk and bellows are simply on on the same tier as prospects.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Excellent strategy! Sell hope ruin the player. Very sens.

I really don't see Tkachuk getting ruined regardless of what path he takes, my concern is more wasting a ELC year for a write-off season. Playing down in the AHL or CHL won't hurt him, but playing in the NHL means one less year on an ELC when we might actually have a shot at competing. I highly doubt we'll sell a ton more tickets just because Tkachuk is in the lineup, he's not McDavid or young Crosby.

Reactions: Cosmix

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I really don't see Tkachuk getting ruined regardless of what path he takes, my concern is more wasting a ELC year for a write-off season. Playing down in the AHL or CHL won't hurt him, but playing in the NHL means one less year on an ELC when we might actually have a shot at competing. I highly doubt we'll sell a ton more tickets just because Tkachuk is in the lineup, he's not McDavid or young Crosby.

I am increasingly of the view that "wasting" a year of the ELC isn't as big a concern as we may have thought previously. My thinking is that playing him here this year brings him a year closer to his bridge contract, sure, but at which point his numbers won't be quite as nice because they will be weighed down by some rather pedestrian rookie year stats. Therefore, you get him a bit cheaper. Tack another year onto that bridge contract and all of a sudden you bought back that year you initially thought was "wasted"...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

He is a nice distraction though!

I would rather he play in the NHL/AHL. If Brown is in Belleville, it would be nice to see them grow together from the beginning. I don't know what to think of what player he is going to be.

All I know is we need that "type" of player

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am increasingly of the view that "wasting" a year of the ELC isn't as big a concern as we may have thought previously. My thinking is that playing him here this year brings him a year closer to his bridge contract, sure, but at which point his numbers won't be quite as nice because they will be weighed down by some rather pedestrian rookie year stats. Therefore, you get him a bit cheaper. Tack another year onto that bridge contract and all of a sudden you bought back that year you initially thought was "wasted"...

It all depends on how quick he develops. He also gets to UFA age quicker if he plays right away as he'll hit the 7 years criteria before turning 27. Bridge deals are becoming less of an issue imo, with high end guys getting big deals right out of their ELC.

I think with a guy like White, you'd be right, ELC slide isn't important, but if Brady comes out of the gate like his brother did, then it's important.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It all depends on how quick he develops. He also gets to UFA age quicker if he plays right away as he'll hit the 7 years criteria before turning 27. Bridge deals are becoming less of an issue imo, with high end guys getting big deals right out of their ELC.

I think with a guy like White, you'd be right, ELC slide isn't important, but if Brady comes out of the gate like his brother did, then it's important.

Man I hate that we have to have these fears. We've had cap issues before, we've had budget issues, but we've never had to worry that we can't at the very least sign our star players. I really hope that money is on the way and we lock up our top three guys. This would go a long way to assuage my fears about impending UFA years for our top kids.

If we can't lock up our top guys because of money, this team will never be able to compete for a championship, you can't even catch lightening in a bottle like we did a few years back without a handful of top players in the NHL.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On

Not 100% sure what he is saying at the end. IS he saying Brady wont actually have to make this decision, or that he never expected to have to make it?

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

Not 100% sure what he is saying at the end. IS he saying Brady wont actually have to make this decision, or that he never expected to have to make it?

The way I read it, he's saying that he's not going to have to make any kind of decision because he will be in Ottawa. Had the team indicated that there was a chance that he'd be in Belleville or London, he'd have opted to stay at BU.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Strickland is such a tool bag.

1. NHL
2. Boston University

3. AHL
4. OHL

Is his desired order. Did he forget that by signing with Ottawa that he was also going to be getting paid? Such a moron.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Why is Strickland always commenting on Ottawa?

Does he have a connection with the organization?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Strickland is such a tool bag.

1. NHL
2. Boston University

3. AHL
4. OHL

Is his desired order. Did he forget that by signing with Ottawa that he was also going to be getting paid? Such a moron.
He cannot go back to Boston so... it’s no longer his second option

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Why is Strickland always commenting on Ottawa?

Does he have a connection with the organization?

He's commenting mostly on players from the St-Louis area:

Chris Wideman
Logan Brown
Brady Tkatchuk

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This is largely the same management group that kept Lazar up with the big club as a 19YR old because of his intangibles and all-around game, despite him not showing that he was ready offensively for the NHL.

Also Tkachuk would help generate ticket sales for Melnyk. He'd have to play his way OFF the roster at this point.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
This is largely the same management group that kept Lazar up with the big club as a 19YR old because of his intangibles and all-around game, despite him not showing that he was ready offensively for the NHL.

Also Tkachuk would help generate ticket sales for Melnyk. He'd have to play his way OFF the roster at this point.

Why are we blaming management for Lazar sucking? Shouldn't we be blaming Lazar for Lazar sucking?

Reactions: gab6511 and Daffy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Trying to stir the pot. IMO Tkachuk left because he wants to play in the NHL. I doubt very much if any promises were made to him. Sens don't have strong roster so if he is NHL ready he should make it .. he likely believes that. If he's not he'll cross that bridge.. he knows the options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad