Confirmed with Link: Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
~25g-40a career year

~20g-35a career average

I don't foresee any better goal scoring than Zib.

Very good player, and depending what your view and expectation is a viable guy at 4.

He will never be "the guy" on his line though, which is expected really.

Hey that's pretty good.

If he can produce at a similar rate to Hoffman while bringing all the other valuable elements to his game I would be very happy.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Probably close imo... and I still think he will bring a lot to the team from how he plays and accumulates those points
If the guys is consistently 20-35 it’s hard to be mad about that. This draft wasn’t stacked at the top. 55 points is nothing to shake your head at. Plus he’s going to be a physical guy? Sounds good to me and I’ll take that.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If the guys is consistently 20-35 it’s hard to be mad about that. This draft wasn’t stacked at the top. 55 points is nothing to shake your head at. Plus he’s going to be a physical guy? Sounds good to me and I’ll take that.
But if you could have a 40 goal guy, the next Erik Karlsson or a legit top line center instead wouldn't you take that?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
But we don’t. So it’s difficult to carry on the argument of hypotheticals.

I feel we have to give this young man a fair chance without extravagant expectations.
Sure. Think of me directing that criticism at Dorion and Melnyk and not Tkachuk. I'm more faulting this on them and not Brady. Not having that 2019 pick is going to be catastrophic. Not his fault Dorion has absolutely no regard for the future of the Sens.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Sure. Think of me directing that criticism at Dorion and Melnyk and not Tkachuk. I'm more faulting this on them and not Brady.

I get what you mean.

I look forward to watching him. Hopefully the fans in general will not put too much pressure on him, so to speak.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But if you could have a 40 goal guy, the next Erik Karlsson or a legit top line center instead wouldn't you take that?
Well yeah. But svechnikov or dahlin did not fall to 4th. And as for a center. There wasn’t a top line center there. Depending on how you feel about kotkaniemi (who didn’t fall to fourth either. )

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
just to clarify as I do not watch these prospects:

you are projecting Zadina to be a 40 goal scorer, Hughes to be the next Erik Karlsson (ppg dman)

and Brady Tkachuk to be the next Patrick Maroon?
Just saying Zadina has huge upside as a goal scorer, Hughes looks absolute amazeballs right now, can't stress enough how well he played in that showcase. 2019 draft looks pretty crazy right now especially at the center ice position. Jack Hughes aside, other guys like Cozens are killing it. Again, I want to stress this, the decision to draft Tkachuk instead of the other players on the board and give Colorado our pick in 2019 is an immensely poor decision by our management. That's on them and not Tkachuk. Tkachuk can be a NHLer, he's just not the franchise level player you'd want out of a draft when being the worst team in hockey.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Just saying Zadina has huge upside as a goal scorer, Hughes looks absolute amazeballs right now, can't stress enough how well he played in that showcase. 2019 draft looks pretty crazy right now especially at the center ice position. Jack Hughes aside, other guys like Cozens are killing it. Again, I want to stress this, the decision to draft Tkachuk instead of the other players on the board and give Colorado our pick in 2019 is an immensely poor decision by our management. That's on them and not Tkachuk. Tkachuk can be a NHLer, he's just not the franchise level player you'd want out of a draft when being the worst team in hockey.

do you think Zadina and Q. Hughes are franchise players? or what do you project them to be

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
do you think Zadina and Q. Hughes are franchise players? or what do you project them to be
Yes on both accounts. Zadina is gonna be a Laine lite/Pastrnak and Hughes will be a Krug/Subban type of player. Dobson is another guy where I see true franchise potential. Pietrangelo stuff. Dorion goofed, but like I've said before I think Melnyk made that pick, not him or Mann.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Ottawa took Brady as they have goofed many times over the years going with the finesse player. I believe they said they wanted to change the culture, this type of player is that.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Yes on both accounts. Zadina is gonna be a Laine lite/Pastrnak and Hughes will be a Krug/Subban type of player. Dobson is another guy where I see true franchise potential. Pietrangelo stuff. Dorion goofed, but like I've said before I think Melnyk made that pick, not him or Mann.

Wow you are seriously overrating Zadina.

Pastrnak/Laine? Wow... that’s fine if you think he’ll be that good, but it’s shocking to read.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ottawa took Brady as they have goofed many times over the years going with the finesse player. I believe they said they wanted to change the culture, this type of player is that.
All those finesse players Ottawa has taken in the first round! They finally learned. I'm glad the team doesn't look for skill in their players anymore. With any luck we can make the Ottawa Senators great again like in the early 2000s when we were truly dominant and didn't worry about out scoring opponents, like the fake news media would make you think matters. We'll have beautiful players! Punch people in the mouth and bring small business back to Kanata. No more Hossas! No more Karlssons! We'll have Tkachuks, Cowens and Lazars! Thanks god for Dorion and his vision of the Sens! #blessed #wegotTkachuk;p

Reactions: NyQuil and robsenz

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
The sens were not the worst team in hockey and will be picking 10th at worst next season

Reactions: Hands of Stone

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
That is extremely delusional thinking to think Eugene Melnyk is now making draft decisions. Dorion and Mann made the right call and Tkachuk was regarded higher than both Zadina and Hughes in the scouting community.

Your bias is really showing here and I’m not sure anyone is ever going to take you seriously

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
If we look at what we have in Tkachuk it is obviously enticing. I can only go by what I have seen on highlights and from articles.

He was consensus overall 4 pick and he went 4. Brings an all around game and is NHL ready, makes his team better added to a plethora of young talent with similar descriptions of individual motivation and leadership (white, chabot, batherson).

Brady 6-3, 190-ish power forward already capable of being an impact player at both ends of the ice. Probably NHL ready if not then close (at least he feels he is)

Hughes 5-8, very skilled defenceman, Needs to grow and learn how to play in leagues where everyone is bigger than he is. Going back to school and feels it is best for him.

What I am getting at is if we had picked hughes it would become clear that he would have been the real gamble. Some people might be questioning his height, others his willingness to sign with the sens if he plays a couple of years in college etc. etc.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Sure. Think of me directing that criticism at Dorion and Melnyk and not Tkachuk. I'm more faulting this on them and not Brady. Not having that 2019 pick is going to be catastrophic. Not his fault Dorion has absolutely no regard for the future of the Sens.

The obvious view and outlook on the team this year is that we're going to suck but lets wait and see what happens, funnier things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad