Confirmed with Link: Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He’s the best player on that line. Thankfully we can agree on that.

Anyways, what I’m saying is that Brady won’t have the same impact as Matthew had during his rookie season. He’s nhl ready just like his brother but that doesn’t mean he’ll have the same impact.
I think that's the most likely scenario, or at least, he won't have the same offensive impact. You never know for sure though,

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
He’s the best player on that line. Thankfully we can agree on that.

Anyways, what I’m saying is that Brady won’t have the same impact as Matthew had during his rookie season. He’s nhl ready just like his brother but that doesn’t mean he’ll have the same impact.
They’re two different people. I feel it truly unfair to him to constantly be compared to his brother (not saying you are), but so many are.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Brady looked very pedestrian in the showcase. Was out shinned by a lot of other 2018 first rounders like Hughes, Smith, Dobson and Lundestrom. Farabee looks to be close to surpassing him as well. I guess take you pick on how you wanna frame that. The other guys are progressing faster or Tkachuk has regressed or stagnated in his development since January. Might just be that without Mittlestadt, Tkachuk looks pretty average.

I think this is still a stretch. Brady looked very good many times and those guys certainly had their flashes - no doubting that Hughes looked great - but I don't see those other guys outpacing him.

Overall I just think you are being too harsh - trying to tear Brady down to prove your thoughts that you liked other players. You can still like other players but no need to try and frame Brady in negative light.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
So stoked to eventually see Tkachuk in the Sens line up, even if it takes some time. He’s going to be a beast and destroy opponents, keep zone possession and create so much space for our other top players, that extra second it takes to separate. These are qualities the Sens have so desperately been missing since having guys like Neil in the line up . I hope we put together a team that puts the fear in their eyes.

Reactions: Icelevel

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
What really puts fear in oppenents eyes is looking up the ice and seeing a Karlsson or Stone attacking them with the puck.

I'm hoping that's what Tkachuck becomes more known for.

That's probably not gonna happen, I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I cant see Brady being an elite puck carrier like Karlsson or Stone and have the ability to carry the puck from end to end and make clean O-zone entrees.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm looking forward to him playing in the same mold as his dad, which is going to be a massive win for his team mates, and thus a massive win for us.

Like Mann explained, this guy is a very unique player like his dad and brother, he may not score as much as some of the snipers, but when this type of player comes available you grab him. It's much easier to get guys that can score than it is to get guys who have high level skills, play with fierce aggression, and at the same time inspire the team to play harder.

I'm thinking about how unique Neil was, now lessen the fighting prowess by a lot and increase the hockey skills to excellent levels (not elite), and you're starting to get the picture of how important and unique this kid can be to the team.

Imagine Neil being a top line calibre player..... Scary....

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That's probably not gonna happen, I'm really hoping I'm wrong but I cant see Brady being an elite puck carrier like Karlsson or Stone and have the ability to carry the puck from end to end and make clean O-zone entrees.

Why not?

He definitely sees the ice well enough. He protects the puck well enough. He skates well enough and his hands are good enough. What part of his game makes you think he couldn't. I think his ability to be that puck carrier is one part of his game that stands out. He isn't as dynamic as most top 5 picks but he can be just as effective.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Brady has a solid release he just became more of a playmaker due to the linemates he had. Don't be fooled into thinking he is just a playmaking winger lol.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Brady has a solid release he just became more of a playmaker due to the linemates he had. Don't be fooled into thinking he is just a playmaking winger lol.
No, look at all his goal scoring totals in his career, that’s not just because of teammates.

Reactions: bert

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
He's never been a prolific scorer at any level. Dunno why people think he's magically going to find a scoring touch.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Tkachuks playmaking is about Zibanejad caliber imo

That's ridiculous. Zibanejad has no vision whatsoever. Tkachuk is going to surprise a lot of people. And enough about Zibby everyone. He's gone. Who cares? He's a middling 2nd liner who can't put it all together and has no hockey sense or ability to raise his game at critical times. Tkachuk is the complete opposite.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That's ridiculous. Zibanejad has no vision whatsoever. Tkachuk is going to surprise a lot of people. And enough about Zibby everyone. He's gone. Who cares? He's a middling 2nd liner who can't put it all together and has no hockey sense or ability to raise his game at critical times. Tkachuk is the complete opposite.

Man, people are really blinded by their allegiances.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Yup. Some guys you identify as a guy you’d go to war with. That’s Tkachuk. He’s going to be a much more skilled version of what Wilson was for the caps this playoffs

Reactions: Daffy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well I mean define scoring. I don’t think anyone has outrageous expectations here.
~25g-40a career year

~20g-35a career average

I don't foresee any better goal scoring than Zib.

Very good player, and depending what your view and expectation is a viable guy at 4.

He will never be "the guy" on his line though, which is expected really.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
~25g-40a career year

~20g-35a career average

Very good player, and depending what your view and expectation is a viable guy at 4.

I think he has the upside to be 70 point power possession winger. He’s got a ton of room to grow. I think he will be the guy .

Reactions: Flamingo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
~25g-40a career year

~20g-35a career average

If you’re doing that on line 2 you’re THE guy on that line.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
~25g-40a career year

~20g-35a career average

Probably close imo... and I still think he will bring a lot to the team from how he plays and accumulates those points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->