Confirmed with Link: Brady Tkachuk - The decider: signs 3 year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Zadina will most likely end up as a Frolik type player IMO

What similarities do you see in their games?

I actually find that these two players combined into one would be incredible. Frolik excels in his skating and his defensive play which are the exact two things that people complain about when it comes to Zadina.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Too busy managing fortune 500 companies and giving TED talks on vast wealth to care about grammar.

Having the owner at the draft table and taking part in talks with other team's GMs is super normal stuff though.
The owner (if it’s one person and not a company) is at a lot of the draft tables at the nhl draft. Edmonton does the same thing. Why do you keep posting lies?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The owner (if it’s one person and not a company) is at a lot of the draft tables at the nhl draft. Edmonton does the same thing. Why do you keep posting lies?
You’re actually right about the owner at the table. As for the owner sitting in on talks between gms. That is weird. We don’t k ow if it’s true though

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wow you are seriously overrating Zadina.

Pastrnak/Laine? Wow... that’s fine if you think he’ll be that good, but it’s shocking to read.

How is it shocking that people think Zadina will be as good as Pastrnak? He was the best forward at the WJC and was a way higher rated prospect in his draft year than Pastrnak. Its ok to like Tkachuk but I dont know why people need to put down other players to try and protect their agenda.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
its almost criminal how underrated Tkachuk is becoming by some here

The skills the kid have are very very rare in the NHL which is why its hard to find a comparable for him. Not only is he big and skilled but he is nasty af in the corners and is always engaged. Their whole family were raised with that competitive fire and its super evident. He is a true student of the game just like Stone and Schiefele are.

of course Zadina could and probably will also be a solid player but I don't know why anyone could hate the Brady pick that much

Reactions: swiftwin

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Full disclosure, I was adamant in my desire for Ottawa to defer the pick to Colorado this year, so we can get on with a wholesale rebuild, with high picks in 2019 and 2020 where high level franchise players would be undoubtedly be available to us.

That being said I am not ready to indict BT as a grunt bottom 6 forward, that is just stupid. People who think that this is all Brady will be able to contribute are really off base. The kid has skills. He will be an impact top 6 point producing player, and will agitate and play physical as well. These 2 elements are not mutually exclusive. He is a competitor who wants to win at all costs, and I can see him scoring 30.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
How is it shocking that people think Zadina will be as good as Pastrnak? He was the best forward at the WJC and was a way higher rated prospect in his draft year than Pastrnak. Its ok to like Tkachuk but I dont know why people need to put down other players to try and protect their agenda.

There’s no agenda, and who gives a **** about the WJC lol...Should I give you the list of nobodies who excelled in that tournament?

Pastrnak is a world class player and currently one of the best and most skilled wingers in the whole world. You’re underrating him to push your own agenda, if Zadina ends up just three quarters the player Pasta is that’s a massive win for the Wings.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There’s no agenda, and who gives a **** about the WJC lol...Should I give you the list of nobodies who excelled in that tournament?

Pastrnak is a world class player and currently one of the best and most skilled wingers in the whole world. You’re underrating him to push your own agenda, if Zadina ends up just three quarters the player Pasta is that’s a massive win for the Wings.

Great context who gives a 'shit' about the WJC to prove your terrible point. How embarrassing. You can give me your list of nobodies but then you know you can see the list of every star in the NHL that has excelled in that tournament. Zadina followed it up with 44 goals in the Q while being an absolutely dazzling player. He is a fantastic prospect.

I didnt underate Pastrnak I think he is a tremendous player and I have no agenda. If I do please enlighten me. The only person that appears to have an agenda here is you, its terribly obvious when you try and discount how a player plays in a best on best tournament of players his age.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Great context who gives a '****' about the WJC to prove your terrible point. How embarrassing. You can give me your list of nobodies but then you know you can see the list of every star in the NHL that has excelled in that tournament. Zadina followed it up with 44 goals in the Q while being an absolutely dazzling player. He is a fantastic prospect.

I didnt underate Pastrnak I think he is a tremendous player and I have no agenda. If I do please enlighten me. The only person that appears to have an agenda here is you, its terribly obvious when you try and discount how a player plays in a best on best tournament of players his age.

Again, if you think Zadina will be one of the best wingers in the world, that’s fine.

I will respectfully disagree and stop engaging in your child’s play.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Wait. Isn't the Tkachuk crowd using the WJC as support for Tkachuk being able to produce? I thought his poor production in college was fine since he got it done at the international level?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wait. Isn't the Tkachuk crowd using the WJC as support for Tkachuk being able to produce? I thought his poor production in college was fine since he got it done at the international level?
on the flip side saying Zadina had a great WJC and then discrediting BT offense in the same tournament is equally as stupid imo

Both are good players

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Like being nasty is a skill now))) The kid is at best the third line player on any team. Zadina is a generational talent winger.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
on the flip side saying Zadina had a great WJC and then discrediting BT offense in the same tournament is equally as stupid imo

Both are good players
Yeah, I thought Tkachuk had a pretty good WJC but also recognize he hasn't looked as good since then.

I'm of the opinion that the goal production between Tkachuk and Zadina going forward could resemble that tournament with Zadina generally scoring 2x that of Tkachuk.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He's never been a prolific scorer at any level. Dunno why people think he's magically going to find a scoring touch.

2016-17
6.png
USNTDP Juniors
USHL 24121123733 |
6.png
U.S. National U18 Team
USDP 61252954129
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Never said he was 'prolific' but he will score goals he was asked to be more of a playmaker due to his 'center' in college

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, I thought Tkachuk had a pretty good WJC but also recognize he hasn't looked as good since then.

I'm of the opinion that the goal production between Tkachuk and Zadina going forward could resemble that tournament with Zadina generally scoring 2x that of Tkachuk.
I dunno about 2x but yes Zadina should and probably will score more than BT makes total sense.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Because he's a Sen now and some see what they want/hope
I have been on both the Zadina and BT bandwagon before the draft. Its pretty easy to see that BT game will translate nicely into the NHL

so try again

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Yiu recognize this based on what? I’m sure you didn’t see any of his college games after the wjc

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I dunno about 2x but yes Zadina should and probably will score more than BT makes total sense.

and then BT will probably 2x Zadina in the playoff when it counts! :sarcasm:

This thread is crazy, we have a potential beast of a forward in Tkachuk, a type of prospect we've never had before, let's just focus on developing this kid right and see where it goes.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I have been on both the Zadina and BT bandwagon before the draft. Its pretty easy to see that BT game will translate nicely into the NHL

so try again
Literally had zero clue you even wrote anything. But if the shoe fits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->