Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's really not that hard to understand

They did fine without him this season, dont think it will be any different next year. People that think that San Jose is no good are out to lunch, they had a poor end to the season that team is stacked with or without Karlsson.

If they simply got average goaltending this season they finish second overall.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
They did fine without him this season, dont think it will be any different next year. People that think that San Jose is no good are out to lunch, they had a poor end to the season that team is stacked with or without Karlsson.

If they simply got average goaltending this season they finish second overall.
From your post I thought that you meant a measly 2nd round pick is enough for people to want karlsson to extend with SJ. Regardless, I don't think SJ is that good next year without karlsson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
From your post I thought that you meant a measly 2nd round pick is enough for people to want karlsson to extend with SJ. Regardless, I don't think SJ is that good next year without karlsson.

That is what I meant, next years draft is also very deep. I dont consider 2nd round picks 'measly'. Get all the assets you can, it doesnt make any sense not to.

San Jose is one of the best teams in the league there is no reason to think they wont be good next year.

Reactions: aragorn

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Best case duchene signs with cbj and san jose makes it to rhe finals and karl resigns

Then we tank hard af

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Best case duchene signs with cbj and san jose makes it to rhe finals and karl resigns

Then we tank hard af

Dorion will promise Melnyk we will improve again next year... He likely told him that Stone and Duchene resigning would not be a problem either.

Reactions: topshelf15

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Excellent season. Plus, he finished very strong on his own accord.
This is what got me super excited about him. Obviously I was already loving Brady, but seeing him play just as well, if not better, after Stone left was incredible encouraging. It's not that hard to score 20 goals with Mark Stone but he scored (I think) at an even higher rate after he was traded.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The best part about Brady is how he finished the season strong. It could have been too easy for him to fade at the end of the season like most young players do (I'm looking at you, Chabot). He also only played 40 games last year, so 71 games is huge for him. Not to mention losing Stone at the TDL.

My god, he's going to be insane next year. I just hope he doesn't bulk up too much and loses speed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This team as whole needs to work their tails off ,this offseason....I dont expect a huge uptick as far as standings go,but progress needs to be made

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
This team as whole needs to work their tails off ,this offseason....I dont expect a huge uptick as far as standings go,but progress needs to be made

Tkachuk committed to 4 months of training with Gary Roberts this off season. He will be much more physically developed coming into next season.

As for the team the main progress we need to see is in playing style and development/emergence of prospects.

Reactions: topshelf15

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The best part about Brady is how he finished the season strong. It could have been too easy for him to fade at the end of the season like most young players do (I'm looking at you, Chabot). He also only played 40 games last year, so 71 games is huge for him. Not to mention losing Stone at the TDL.

My god, he's going to be insane next year. I just hope he doesn't bulk up too much and loses speed.

LOL. What speed?

Seriously though he is so lanky building some big muscles will only help his explosiveness. He also needs to just flat out work on his skating technique. If he makes significant improvement there and gets stronger he's going to be a beast. A very smart player.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
He'll get bigger , stronger, better in several areas including his shot .. he's 19. He has already proven 20
His shot is pretty bad. I'm not sure if getting stronger will help that much. Anyways he's a better playmaker so I'll expect a significant increase in assist rather than goals as he grows.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Code:
                                Per  Per  Per  Per
Player             Tm   S   S%    G    A  PTS    S
Brady Tkachuk     OTT 214 10.3 0.31 0.32 0.63 3.01 <-- 19 years old
Keith Tkachuk     WIN 221 14.0 0.31 0.28 0.59 2.21 <-- 20 years old
Matthew Tkachuk   CGY 142  9.2 0.17 0.46 0.63 1.87 < -- 19 years old
Keith's stats include a few extra games from when he was 19, but this is each of them by some traditional stats in their first full seasons.

The war stat for just this season has 1.2 war for brady , 1.3 for matthew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad