Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
His shot is pretty bad. I'm not sure if getting stronger will help that much. Anyways he's a better playmaker so I'll expect a significant increase in assist rather than goals as he grows.

I don't disagree with your assesment of the player, he doesn't have an amazing shot and he's a great passer/playmaker since he has very good vision.

That being said the style of game he plays will always lead to goals IMO since he plays around the net all game long. A lot of tips, rebound goals, pucks going off of him and etc. A lot like Holmstrom, he always had a similar amount of goals and assists. Tkachuk is better than Holmstrom all around, so as you say I do expect more assists but it'll depend on who he's playing with. He's a type of player that could play a Stone-like game playing with a guy like White like we saw at the end of the year. He was more active when away from the net, leading the rush in the Ozone, turning pucks over. If he plays with guys like Brown and Batherson though his role will be significantly different. He won't be the guy controling the play so he'll likely be more in front of the net.

I think he's a very adaptable player with his skillset.

Reactions: derriko

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
His shot is pretty bad. I'm not sure if getting stronger will help that much. Anyways he's a better playmaker so I'll expect a significant increase in assist rather than goals as he grows.

Heavy shot. I think it is really good. Now, if he can into more shooting positions, we might see it more. But he scores the grittiest goals . If there was an All-Time list for gritty goals, he may already be on the list after his rookie year!

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I don't disagree with your assesment of the player, he doesn't have an amazing shot and he's a great passer/playmaker since he has very good vision.

That being said the style of game he plays will always lead to goals IMO since he plays around the net all game long. A lot of tips, rebound goals, pucks going off of him and etc. A lot like Holmstrom, he always had a similar amount of goals and assists. Tkachuk is better than Holmstrom all around, so as you say I do expect more assists but it'll depend on who he's playing with. He's a type of player that could play a Stone-like game playing with a guy like White like we saw at the end of the year. He was more active when away from the net, leading the rush in the Ozone, turning pucks over. If he plays with guys like Brown and Batherson though his role will be significantly different. He won't be the guy controling the play so he'll likely be more in front of the net.

I think he's a very adaptable player with his skillset.
Adaptability will be key for him to be successful, and that can be said for any player really. Great players find a way to make something happen. He's already elite around the net, and I expect him to consistently score 15-20 goals from there. But he'll still need to find ways to get goals from other areas as well to be even more effective.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

19yr olds can improve their shot. Remember most D+1 players are still in junior. This isn’t the final product of BT at all. It’s premature to write it off as a career weakness right now. I don’t even think it’s that bad. It’s just an obvious area to mention compared to the rest of his game.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
19yr olds can improve their shot. Remember most D+1 players are still in junior. This isn’t the final product of BT at all. It’s premature to write it off as a career weakness right now. I don’t even think it’s that bad. It’s just an obvious area to mention compared to the rest of his game.

Skating and shooting are 2 of the easiest skills to improve because of how technical they are.

Just look at Alfie who became more and more lethal with his shot as his career progressed.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I wonder if Brady doesn't want to commit to the World Championships because it will interfere with his training with Gary Roberts this off season training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->