Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I have no clue the exact reason(s), but I can say with upmost certainty it's not because it's interfering with his training.
I bet Brady and his team have determined that it's best he 100% commit to a very long and intense summer of offseason training with Gary Roberts. It's probably going to be a pretty constant schedule of train eat rest repeat. He's 19 so this summer will be one of his most impactful summers of training. Being in Khazakstan for May would interfere with that. He will get lots of chances to play in the World Championships. Anyways, I'm excited to see what sort of shape and weight he comes into next season.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
The Worlds would be nothing but a positive experience in his development and it is a very long off season...I agree there is zero chance the Tkachuk family feels it would interfere with his training.

He was in Colorado watching his bro play...maybe they are doing the family thing.

Not that I want the Flames to lose but would be cool to see them play together at Worlds with their bestie Rat Rink.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Anyone hear anything about the Tkachuk boys going to the Worlds now that both are available?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I believe Brady turned down the offer and has committed to a summer of training.
Or I could be wrong?

My interpretation was that someone created that narrative and suggested going to the Worlds would somehow derail any off-season conditioning...which seems ludicrous to me personally.

There is still time and I hope to hear about the 2 Tkachuk boys heading to the tourney.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Why would he wait? If he gets offered a spot, he should jump on it. If Matthew stays in the playoffs, he should still go.
Oh I agree, but I do not think the brothers have had the opportunity at any level to play together. But Brady should go regardless. Just trying to think why he is waiting.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Could be that Brady is just exhausted from the long-grind of an NHL season? He's essentially doubled his GP's this season from any other USNDTP/NCAA seasons.

I'd prefer to see him go to the World's too, but I think it would be understandable if he needed some recovery time. It did wonders for White last year though, would be nice to see Tkachuk go and get an opportunity with some of the best in the game (Eichel, Kane, Suter, ect).

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Could be that Brady is just exhausted from the long-grind of an NHL season? He's essentially doubled his GP's this season from any other USNDTP/NCAA seasons.

I'd prefer to see him go to the World's too, but I think it would be understandable if he needed some recovery time. It did wonders for White last year though, would be nice to see Tkachuk go and get an opportunity with some of the best in the game (Eichel, Kane, Suter, ect).
This is my line of thinking too

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
My interpretation was that someone created that narrative and suggested going to the Worlds would somehow derail any off-season conditioning...which seems ludicrous to me personally.

There is still time and I hope to hear about the 2 Tkachuk boys heading to the tourney.

If you listen to his interview on TSN1200,just after the season had ended, he mentions his plan to train from May to August. And when asked about the Worlds, he was kind of hesitant and non-committal. I

We will see what happens. I personally would prefer he dedicate himself to training all summer. I think the biggest barriers to him becoming a superstar are related to him growing into that projectable frame and getting stronger.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If you listen to his interview on TSN1200,just after the season had ended, he mentions his plan to train from May to August. And when asked about the Worlds, he was kind of hesitant and non-committal. I

We will see what happens. I personally would prefer he dedicate himself to training all summer. I think the biggest barriers to him becoming a superstar are related to him growing into that projectable frame and getting stronger.
Same here. I am not sure why everyone is dismissing this reason for him not to go to the World Championships. He just played the most games in a season in his career, and at 19 years old a full summer of off season training is probably more important to his development then if he were 23 year old. Taking some time off and then committing to a full summer of training is probably better for him right now then going to an overseas tournament.

I'm not sure why posters were so dismissive and think it's ludicrous when i brought this up earlier as to why he hadn't committed to going. It's actually the only reason I can think of as to why he wouldnt go. Brady waiting on what his brother is going to do makes far less sense to me.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Very possible that Brady wasn't invited? The USA teams looks fairly strong with lots of players now eliminated. Brady in't exactly 3-4th line material and he just played double the games he is used to. Rest and train.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Very possible that Brady wasn't invited? The USA teams looks fairly strong with lots of players now eliminated. Brady in't exactly 3-4th line material and he just played double the games he is used to. Rest and train.
He was invited. When asked, Brady then said that he had not committed. This was reported by TSN.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

I was the one that brought up that perhaps the reason Brady wasn't committing to the World Championships is because it would interfere with his 4 month commitment to off season training from May to August (3 of which are with Garry Roberts).

Nobody said it would derail any off season training, just that would interfere with it (obviously it will as the tournament is in May). Is that the reason why he's not committing to the World Championships? We don't know, Brady hasn't said.

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lets see, fly around the world risk injury and work for almost nothing or go on living your life the way you want?
Slovakia who wants to go to Slovakia ?
Is it that hard to figure out.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Lets see, fly around the world risk injury and work for almost nothing or go on living your life the way you want?
Slovakia who wants to go to Slovakia ?
Is it that hard to figure out.

I think this is zero percent what went through Brady's head.

I think the most likely scenario is what other have said: He made a commitment to train his strength and conditioning.

What's wrong with Slovakia? Great food, beautiful architecture, everyone is really nice, the girls are babes. Slovakia sounds like a great place to go!

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

I think the most likely scenario is what other have said: He made a commitment to train his strength and conditioning.

What's wrong with Slovakia? Great food, beautiful architecture, everyone is really nice, the girls are babes. Slovakia sounds like a great place to go!
And beers with Patrick Kane :laugh: It would be far more fun then training with Gary Roberts.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Sounds like. Anyway I would guess mine is closer then the other guesses because he sure isn’t going. He knew the worlds we’re going to happen and he knew the sens would not be in the playoffs if he wanted to go to one of the poorest countries in the EU he would have went.
But by all means if you think one persons random made up guess sounds better than another that’s up to you.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
But by all means if you think one persons random made up guess sounds better than another that’s up to you.

I don't think their guesses are random. Since day one of the season, everyone has been saying how much better Tkachuk would be if he was stronger on his feet. This was a consistent critique of his all season long. He then proceeded to commit to three months of training with the best guy in the business at keeping players on their feet. I don't know how old you are, but I remember when Crosby came back from training camp with Gary Roberts, and he just turned into a complete beast.

The fact that Slovakia is relatively poor being a more likely explanation than wanting to improve as a hockey player, especially when you're considered the most important forward on your team... THAT is random. Is there any quotes from Tkachuk or any other NHLer saying that Slovakia is too poor to want to play an international tournament in? Athletes went to Greece, China, Russia for the Olympics. They went to Poland and Ukraine for the Euro Cup. I just don't see the connection.

EDIT - For example, my friends invited me to go to Vegas while I had exams. I declined in favour of studying. That doesn't mean I didn't want to go to Vegas, I just set my priorities as personal development over going away to have fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad