Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 5 - Management Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Why? Our first next year could be first overall. And you'd add more pieces to that to get 4th or 5th this year? That's insane.

We have three 1sts next year. It can be San Jose's or the Columbus pick that is included in that deal, not ours.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don't think I would get in the business of moving 1sts for a long time after this fiasco. That Columbus pick has the potential to be something nice.

Yeah you're probably right Dohrion must have PTSD :laugh: In that case I think we'll add something to our pick this year to move up in the draft.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Probably not but what if you give up a lot of quantity like our first this year + one of our firsts next year + Ceci + a B level prospect (Chlapik for example) ? I don't think that would be a bad deal. Arguably a similar return to the one Karlsson got.

Teams don't move down to 4 for quantity.

TOR asked CBJ for 8, 34, 38, and 58 to move down from 4 in 2015.

We have nothing we'd want to move that COL would want for 4.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Does anybody else want to see us hire someone like Gary Roberts, or even a Strongman coach, to strengthen our team? I haven't been in the loop with Roberts in ages, but I remember when he started training Crosby and he turned him into a beast of a player.

That, or higher Ovechkin's mom to make cabbage rolls for Brady.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Does anybody else want to see us hire someone like Gary Roberts, or even a Strongman coach, to strengthen our team? I haven't been in the loop with Roberts in ages, but I remember when he started training Crosby and he turned him into a beast of a player.

That, or higher Ovechkin's mom to make cabbage rolls for Brady.

The team has Chris Shwarz on staff, who seemingly has a pretty good reputation.

In regards to Roberts specifically, he's got a pretty good thing going on his own, not sure he needs to come in and work for a team to be successfu when he's already (seemingly) the go-to for star athletes in the off-season.

I also remember hearing that BT did train with Roberts this past summer, so he would presumably keep going back (since it's obviously worked for him).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think with Brady it is just a question of time. In person he is pretty slight, and legs are very unimpressive compared to his peers. He just looks to be, on the ice, as someone who is a raw talent, and still produces 21 goals. He will be a pillar for this team, as will Chabot.

Reactions: aragorn

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If tkatchuk beef up in the next 2 summers
He could be a more talented Lucic
75 pts afraid of nothing machine

Tkachuk is way better than Lucic was at 19 and his 8 goals (and I am in no way minimizing Lucic's impact as a 19 year old Bruin having won the memorial cup). Sky is the ceiling for Tkachuk. Him and Chabot are the foundational pillars. Sens need a few more, especially on centre with the hope that one of the goalie prospects in the system turn up as another pillar.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Tkachuk is way better than Lucic was at 19 and his 8 goals (and I am in no way minimizing Lucic's impact as a 19 year old Bruin having won the memorial cup). Sky is the ceiling for Tkachuk. Him and Chabot are the foundational pillars. Sens need a few more, especially on centre with the hope that one of the goalie prospects in the system turn up as another pillar.
Yup
We NEED to draft Lafreniere or Byfield next year for that C pillar

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yup
We NEED to draft Lafreniere or Byfield next year for that C pillar

Or Lundell there are three franchise forwards in the next draft. Imperative the sens finish dead last, the chances they get one of them are very high with the way the lottery is set up.

I really dont want to give up any of next years picks to move up this year, next years draft is better. Praying Duchene signs with Columbus that would give the sens what would likely be a mid teens pick (or even lottery if Panarin and Bob both leave) where they could get a star level player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We have three 1sts next year. It can be San Jose's or the Columbus pick that is included in that deal, not ours.

Capfriendly has Ott having two firsts next yr.

Ottawa Senators - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Looking at mostly draft picks & possibilities Ott has quite a few picks over the next few drafts. So far 16 picks in the first 3 rds of the next 3 drafts & 27 picks altogether for the next 3 drafts. Next season brings other possibilities, let's look at next yr's UFAs first.

Boro UFA could get moved leading up to the deadline & potentially bring a late rd pick. Pageau UFA or Tierny RFA could get moved next yr & bring a prospect or pick in one of the top 3 rds. Ceci RFA could get moved at the draft or during the summer & I would imagine would bring another 1st rd pick for either this draft or the 2020 draft. Anderson UFA could be moved by the deadline which could also bring a mid-rd pick & DeMello could get moved for another mid-rd pick. I doubt Condon has any value & is either bought out or allowed to walk after next season. Oh, & Mac & Dion are off the books after next yr too.

The following yr Smith will be a UFA & should be moved by the deadline & Gaborik comes off the books & the follwing yr Ryan is a UFA & should also be traded by the deadline. So there are plenty more guys who can bring in more prospects & picks over the course of the next three yrs as the prospects we have now move onto the roster & get some much needed experience. If they don't do anything stupid they should be free of a lot of these bad contracts in three yrs & have a totally young team trending towards a playoff spot. Or it could all go south & they need to clean house again.

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Trade all our 1st round picks for 2019 draft to move up to 1st overall and draft Hughes, and our rebuild is up and flying

Duclair - Hughes - __
Thachuk - White - Batherson

Chabot - __
Brannstrom - JBD
Wolanin - __

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Trade all our 1st round picks for 2019 draft to move up to 1st overall and draft Hughes, and our rebuild is up and flying

Duclair - Hughes - __

Chabot - __
Brannstrom - JBD
Wolanin - __
Trade all 1 of our first round picks this year?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Duclair - Hughes - __

Chabot - __
Brannstrom - JBD
Wolanin - __

No.

Reactions: aragorn

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Trade all 1 of our first round picks this year?

I am not following how many first round picks we have and for what years, from all our trades, but I would love to some how draft Hughes this year. I am willing to give up all 1st round picks we got from Karlsson's and Duchene's trade

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I am not following how many first round picks we have and for what years, from all our trades, but I would love to some how draft Hughes this year. I am willing to give up all 1st round picks we got from Karlsson's and Duchene's trade

So CLB 1st 2019 and SJS 1st 2020? Yeah, that aint gonna cut it.

The only way we can move up for the Hughes pick is if we move OTT 1st 2020++ and given the year we just had that seems really shortsighted.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Unfortunately all of those picks does not equal the value that the 1st overall brings.

No team will deal the 1st overall. They would be utterly moronic to do so. No amount picks the we or anyone has is more valuable than a young, elite 1C on an entry level contract.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Duclair - Hughes - __

Chabot - __
Brannstrom - JBD
Wolanin - __

COL might do it if Chabot is in the deal.....

Teams don't just trade 1st overall picks. It doesn't make sense. The last time a high pick was traded like that was 2nd overall for Yashin. That was for a Hart calibre center thought to be in his prime.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Pretty sure we have a guaranteed 1st from the Duchene trade and another conditional 1st if he re-signs.
The guaranteed 1st for the Duchene trade is this year though. The only way we have a 2020 CBJ 1st round pick is if Duchene re-signs or if they win the lottery this year then our pick from this year moves back.

As of now, the only guaranteed 1st round picks in 2020 is ours and SJ's.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The guaranteed 1st for the Duchene trade is this year though. The only way we have a 2020 CBJ 1st round pick is if Duchene re-signs or if they win the lottery this year then our pick from this year moves back.

As of now, the only guaranteed 1st round picks in 2020 is ours and SJ's.

I just checked, from Karlsson's trade we got a first-round pick, and a 2nd-round pick, both in 2019 + 2 conditional picks

How do we have a guaranteed 1st round pick next year from SJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad