Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Do you think that he's been consistently good throughout the playoffs? How about the SCF?
He did really good these playoffs up until he hurt his hand in the scrimmage game.
And since then he's been abysmal.
I truly believe he his getting better movement now with his hand.
Hopefully he crushes it next 2 games we really need him to dominate as he is the motor that runs the first line.

Reactions: Estlin

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Going back to 2013, he's played in 11 SCF Games and has ZERO 5v5 points.*

*According to Massarotti.
He has lots of points 5v5 in these playoffs.
6G 1A 7 points includes at least 2 ENG.

And leads playoffs in points.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Mostly power play
Of his 8G only 2 are ppg.
I don't understand the need to dump on the guy?
Not just you... I mean he his a f***ing gamer, obviously the guy can't be hurt.

Yes he needs to play better, he'll be the first one to tell you that.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not just you... I mean he his a ****ing gamer, obviously the guy can't be hurt.

Not really just dumping on him his line mates have a combined total of zero points 5-5 so far in this series,there kinda running out of time,and yes the second line has been just as bad.I”m from a day when the refs put away the whistle in the playoffs,and pretty much everything went,not saying I agreed with it ,but that’s the way it was,and your top players had to fight through it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not just you... I mean he his a ****ing gamer, obviously the guy can't be hurt.

0 goals in 6 games vs Hawks
1 eng in 5 games vs Blues

Just not good enough at all. He’s also been pass first and hasn’t played great defense. Could be hurt and is a gamer but needs to pick it up in a big way

Reactions: Spooner st

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He has lots of points 5v5 in these playoffs.
6G 1A 7 points includes at least 2 ENG.

And leads playoffs in points.
You kind of proved his points 7 points including 2 empty net goals in 22 games at 5-5 isn’t much from your top point forward and yes, his linemates have been worse.and all three this series have been pretty much nonexistent,that’s all anyone is saying.Lets hope they find their game Sunday,they came up big in games 6-7 against the Leafs,I have a lot of faith they will tomorrow.If they don’t there done.Sure some of me will say it was a good ride,I sure as hell never expected them to get this far at the beginning of the season,but the other part of me would be saying,holy crap if the top line had even of popped in a couple even strength goals,we would of had another cup easy.That right now is the frustrating part,yeah refs have been brutal,but a couple goals bye the top two lines ,were easily up 3-1 ,hell it probably would have been 4-0.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
0 goals in 6 games vs Hawks
1 eng in 5 games vs Blues

Just not good enough at all. He’s also been pass first and hasn’t played great defense. Could be hurt and is a gamer but needs to pick it up in a big way
It’s the entire first line,and sometimes it’s just poor decision making,looking for the extra pass,always looking. for the cross ice pass when the play was to take it to the net

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Had a friend tell me today that bruins fans can’t complain about the blues and headhunting when they employ the dirtiest player in the league...brad Marchand.

This guy’s a good guy, but he’s a pens fan. Haven’t had the interest in reminding him about Matt cooke

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Had a friend tell me today that bruins fans can’t complain about the blues and headhunting when they employ the dirtiest player in the league...brad Marchand.

This guy’s a good guy, but he’s a pens fan. Haven’t had the interest in reminding him about Matt cooke
We has Bruins fans, we know Marchand goes over the line and agree with the suspension.
I don't really see the media calling out the Blues constant dirty plays every game in every series.

But at every little thing Marchand does all the offended virgens in the world come out the woods.

Even on our own board the more vocal fans against Marchand dirty plays are not as vocals on the Blues dirty plays, which are pretty much a constant. Even the damn league looks the other way.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

marchand does carry things a little far... but anyone that followed his career knows he started off as a chirper... and soon people were running him. thats what happens to chirpers

a lot of marchands 'dirty players' were defensive in nature... he goes low to take out salo or whoever... but salo was charging in to nail him. a lot of the 'dirty' plays were when someone was coming in full speed to flatten him

marchands number of dirty hits is way way way way less than a guy like tom Wilson... or dozen other names that leap quickly to mind... but the reason marchand gets the scorn of fans is his style...

marchand simply enjoys wearing the black hat. he likes to stir crap online. he likes to lick peoples faces. he likes to step on sticks and break them.

the real reason people hate marchand… is he wants them to hate him. hes a jerk. but hes not dangerous most the time unless someone is out to get him first. and... it would be hypocritical if anyone called him the worst offender of dangerous hits.

I honestly think marchand doesnt care a lot when hes penalized... or when hes suspended. his reputation is one of his greatest strengths. no one in the league is more easily able to throw opponents off their game. marchands reputation alone is enough to cause some opponents to go to pieces.

as for the blues... they are playing so dirty and they got a few pentalties and their coach cried like a baby how unfair It is that his team is getting penalties for all the cheating it does. he said we didnt use to get penalites. what was left unsaid is his questioning if the bribe money wore off.

he didnt say the penalties werent real penalties... simply said we didnt used to get called for our cheap tactics and we want to not get called for them now either.

thats the main reason we are upset. our pp will eat them alive. their dirty play is their only way they can stay close but if they were called for it then its 7-2

so... they expect to play dirty and expect us to not get a chance to make them pay for it

its ridiculous on every level and its very ok for us bruin fans to feel incredulously incensed at how completely assbackwards stupid this is

Reactions: The National

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
marchand does carry things a little far... but anyone that followed his career knows he started off as a chirper... and soon people were running him. thats what happens to chirpers

a lot of marchands 'dirty players' were defensive in nature... he goes low to take out salo or whoever... but salo was charging in to nail him. a lot of the 'dirty' plays were when someone was coming in full speed to flatten him

marchands number of dirty hits is way way way way less than a guy like tom Wilson... or dozen other names that leap quickly to mind... but the reason marchand gets the scorn of fans is his style...

marchand simply enjoys wearing the black hat. he likes to stir crap online. he likes to lick peoples faces. he likes to step on sticks and break them.

the real reason people hate marchand… is he wants them to hate him. hes a jerk. but hes not dangerous most the time unless someone is out to get him first. and... it would be hypocritical if anyone called him the worst offender of dangerous hits.

I honestly think marchand doesnt care a lot when hes penalized... or when hes suspended. his reputation is one of his greatest strengths. no one in the league is more easily able to throw opponents off their game. marchands reputation alone is enough to cause some opponents to go to pieces.

as for the blues... they are playing so dirty and they got a few pentalties and their coach cried like a baby how unfair It is that his team is getting penalties for all the cheating it does. he said we didnt use to get penalites. what was left unsaid is his questioning if the bribe money wore off.

he didnt say the penalties werent real penalties... simply said we didnt used to get called for our cheap tactics and we want to not get called for them now either.

thats the main reason we are upset. our pp will eat them alive. their dirty play is their only way they can stay close but if they were called for it then its 7-2

so... they expect to play dirty and expect us to not get a chance to make them pay for it

its ridiculous on every level and its very ok for us bruin fans to feel incredulously incensed at how completely assbackwards stupid this is

You'll get no arguments from me! I just don't get the hatred that exists from fans of other franchises for the Bruins in general. I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm a newer fan, but I just don't see why a Pens fan would hate the Bruins? I get why a BRUINS fan hates the Pens for Cooke though, that totally makes sense.

I don't recall Marchand injuring or shortening a Penguin player's career though. The vitriol Brad gets is often way over the line. For a little guy who does shitty things on occasion, as you said, he's not caused players to lose years off of their career. Wilson has, I'll bet, and we all know guys like Avery, Ott, Cooke...the list of career-enders and cheapshotters can go on.

In other words, it's just nuts. But I think it's also because people hate that he's the kind of guy that can lick a face and drop 100 points in a season. Makes it that much harder for a non-fan to bear his smirks when he's scoring as he does so.

I've come to terms with marchand a long time ago. I DO NOT like the antics. But I respect the toughness he's needed since he's got a target on his back at all times. He's earned his way through the league already and these past few years he's been one of the very best scoring wingers in the league. I can get behind his abilities. I just wish he'd knock off the antics.

But I WILL enjoy his smirk when (IF) he gets to raise the cup in a few days

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
"Top defensive winger"

Some of the laziest defense of the series. He needs to earn that back, and cheery picking SH goals won't do it.

"Bad change" doesn't cover it.

That was horrific.

Embarrassing.
I'm shocked he would do that. Pieterangelo got to walk in all alone.

Marchand's guy with 8 seconds left.

Remember Schenn game 1? Marchand just standing around while a Blue goes in alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad