Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It's hilarious the hate Marchand gets for having an off series for him. The most critical always seem to be comprised of a lot the of folks going out of their way to absolve David "Mr. Playoffs" Krejci for not even showing up in the finals this year. Yes Brad has been off. Yes he hasn't scored a timely goal in this series yet, but he did create that short handed chance that Carlo converted on last night, no? He still has 3 points in this series so far, no? Can anyone tell me how many goals and assists DK has so far?

It's not the first line that's the issue. Sure they're not playing their best, but you have to give the Blues some credit for that, no? Obviously it's not the 3rd line either. And nope, not the fourth line. Any guesses which line is sucking more than all of the other lines combined? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on???

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It's hilarious the hate Marchand gets for having an off series for him. The most critical always seem to be comprised of a lot the of folks going out of their way to absolve David "Mr. Playoffs" Krejci for not even showing up in the finals this year. Yes Brad has been off. Yes he hasn't scored a timely goal in this series yet, but he did create that short handed chance that Carlo converted on last night, no? He still has 3 points in this series so far, no? Can anyone tell me how many goals and assists DK has so far?

It's not the first line that's the issue. Sure they're not playing their best, but you have to give the Blues some credit for that, no? Obviously it's not the 3rd line either. And nope, not the fourth line. Any guesses which line is sucking more than all of the other lines combined? Anyone? Hello? Is this thing on???

Agree but JDB and Backes are the ones to point to DK looks fine and they are focusing on him big time.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What I don't get with these guys is the inconsistency game to game. It's happening in every playoff round. They go from threats all night to absolute turnover machines. And in Game 3 it was evident their strategy was to shoot everything, and lo and behold they score 7 and chase the starter. So what do they do last night? They overpass every opportunity in the slot. I get that habits are hard to break but you're the best line in pro hockey. A little more adherence to the game plan would be nice.
It’s amazing isn’t it

Between ears - will & desire, fear

member 96824

Both things can be true at once, unfortunate for us at the moment.

But thankfully, I pray to Charlie Coyle before bed each night

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Both things can be true at once, unfortunate for us at the moment.

But thankfully, I pray to Charlie Coyle before bed each night

Sure, Marchand should shoot more and be more engaged in the offense, especially 5 on 5. Absolutely true. I will say that the only line that isn't doing anything though is the second line. And people can piss and moan about JDB, but the guy scored at a 30 goal pace in the regular season and he does have points in this series, which is something the highest paid member of the team doesn't have.

Reactions: Spooner st

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Agree but JDB and Backes are the ones to point to DK looks fine and they are focusing on him big time.

Nonsense. DK is the anchor for that line. He's the highest paid player. He's got zero goals. Zero assists, and all of 5 shots for the series. Also, DK has nearly twice the TOI as Backes, which means that for half of DK's TOI, he's not playing with Backes. He's playing with Pasta or Marchand or someone else. What's the excuse now?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
All's I know is, somebody on this team better figure out sh*t fast, or this will a missed opportunity that will be *****ed and moaned about for years...
And that somebody is the entire first line. The B's two losses have been very close ones, where a goal or two wins the game, and where the first line needed to be better. The secondary lines and D are pitching in and doing their part offensively. I will excuse the second line since it's hard to play a good team with only two threats on your line. Backes has been an anchor on that second line, something that Mojo would relieve greatly, but apparently Bruce isn't interested in trying to get more offense from that line.

And, yeah, it really will by bitched and moaned about for years. This may be this core's best chance it will have for a Cup. Let's be very honest here -- TB and Washington going out early was a pretty big deal as it concerns the Bs. The Bs may not be so lucky in the playoffs the next couple years to have multiple huge upsets helping them out, which will make the road to the Cup that much harder. It's time for the first line to dig deep and decide how bad they want the Cup. Last game the Blues played like they wanted it more. I fail to believe that Marchy and his boys will allow that to happen next game.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
All's I know is, somebody on this team better figure out sh*t fast, or this will a missed opportunity that will be *****ed and moaned about for years...

Its a back and forth series, Bruins aren't down 3-1 or 3-0. Some using a few off games offensively to attack players due to agendas and My response is players like Krejci and Marchand have nothing to apologize and make excuses for. They are in game 5 of the finals while everyone is home

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The leaders need to step up.
Every single guy on the top 6 needs to step the f*** up.
This is what they play for all year, the dream.
Step the f*** up.

Reactions: TCB and LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Yeah that is so true. To take six years to get back, and come up short would be heartbreaking. I said it two years ago that they Bruins were using the Penguins model where the core won cups in "different eras" and to fall short would be devastating.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Its a back and forth series, Bruins aren't down 3-1 or 3-0. Some using a few off games offensively to attack players due to agendas and My response is players like Krejci and Marchand have nothing to apologize and make excuses for. They are in game 5 of the finals while everyone is home

nothing YET. Win the series and if they do nothing all is well. If they lose, they will have to look in the mirror.

I think they come through

Bruins in 6

Had the Bruins winning 1,2,5 and 6.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Every once in a while he’s goes through these spurts where he tries to do too much and instead just ends up making stupid f***ing decisions (usually it also results in penalties, fines or suspensions). This one is coming at the worst possible time. He’s got to simplify things and I’ll echo others’ points that he needs to shoot the f***ing puck

Reactions: LSCII

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Maybe shoot the puck on a 2-on-1 for once instead of trying to pass it over when the defenseman is in perfect position to prevent it.

Agree but we got a game tying goal because he didn’t take a low percentage shot and hung onto the puck after entering the attacking zone short handed to find Bergy.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Big Marchy fan but he has made some great plays but countless bad ones both at his own blue line and in the offensive zone . He has to simplify it in his own end and it is just terrible timing the puck isn't working for him most times in the O Zone at such an important time . Still time for a turn around .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad