Player Discussion Brad Marchand VI‎I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
His three biggest mistakes can't be blamed on injury.

Ive made at least 3 mistakes... im guessing you have too. Im not saying this was his best hockey ever but dude still led us in scoring. His 2 linemates were clearly playing crippled

Sometimes guys try to do too much and end up messing upsome. Sometimes emotional guys care too much

This guy is still our best player and did more good then bad for us... hell we were in game 7 of finals

Good stuff happened

Reactions: Spooner st

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Ive made at least 3 mistakes... im guessing you have too. Im not saying this was his best hockey ever but dude still led us in scoring. His 2 linemates were clearly playing crippled

Sometimes guys try to do too much and end up messing upsome. Sometimes emotional guys care too much

This guy is still our best player and did more good then bad for us... hell we were in game 7 of finals

Good stuff happened

Look, you love the guy and will make his excuses.

He wasn't contributing offensively and became a liability defensively.

I hold him to an higher standard. "He is still our best player". He didn't play anywhere f***ing close to it.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He wasn't THE problem, but certainly one of them. If the perfection line shows up 5 on 5 in any of the other three losses, we win in 6.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I wish he was better... but even at his worst hes 1000 times better than alot of posters here. Wish some of you were with the maple leafs too

Will be interesting to see what injury hes playing through.

Meanehile, brad if you read this thread please disregard half the crap a few idiots here are posting. You prob did make a few mistakes, but you are human. Im sure you played hurt. It goes to prove how important you are that you can lead the playoffs in scoring and still draw critism.

Im sure you feel bad but you've been our engine 3 years now. You deserve our support and the good fans here appreciate you

just call a spade a spade. He stunk for a majority of this cup finals. Made rookie mistakes. It's ok to speak the truth and still love him and still not want him traded.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Brad Marchand in the last two SCF series has 5 points in 13 GP...that's a 30 point pace and 100% unacceptable for one of your top players. Could he be hurt? sure, but we wont know that for probably a few more days.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Not sure trading the guy is a good thought, unless the return is crazy.

That said man he was awful at the worst time.

Looking back on it I wonder if being hell bent on gluing him to Bergeron was the smartest idea in the finals. You basically had 3 guys playing at 75% on your first line. That’s a tall order to have success

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not sure trading the guy is a good thought, unless the return is crazy.

Suggesting to trade any one of:

Marchand

Bergeron

Pastrnak

is a horrid thought. If you suggest it, you're 2-6 PM Felger and Mazz Stoo-ped (That's the highest level of stupidity you can get, imo).

You'd think this fan base has learned from wanting elite talent traded. Nope, they actually just get worse. Trade Marchand? Trade Pastrnak? Trade yourself the f*** out of here first! :laugh:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Marchand

Bergeron

Pastrnak

is a horrid thought. If you suggest it, you're 2-6 PM Felger and Mazz Stoo-ped (That's the highest level of stupidity you can get, imo).

You'd think this fan base has learned from wanting elite talent traded. Nope, they actually just get worse. Trade Marchand? Trade Pastrnak? Trade yourself the **** out of here first! :laugh:
This team nearly won a cup being led by a goaltender and the 2 bottom lines

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Brad Marchand in the last two SCF series has 5 points in 13 GP...that's a 30 point pace and 100% unacceptable for one of your top players. Could he be hurt? sure, but we wont know that for probably a few more days.
Exactly.

It's frustrating. If he shows up in both series, the Bruins could have won two more cups.

In addition to his extremely selfish play, it's WORTH considering what you can get for trading him.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Could guys even imagine the havoc he would wreak on us if we traded him? If you think he wouldn't have 5 points nice against us and then win the Conn Smythe with his new team you're out to lunch.

When you have a horrible playoff performance yet lead scoring that's a player you keep around. Was he ass? absolutely. Does he deserve to be criticized? Absolutely. Is he still our best forward and this team would be pretty f***ing bad without him? Absolutely.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Exactly.

It's frustrating. If he shows up in both series, the Bruins could have won two more cups.

In addition to his extremely selfish play, it's WORTH considering what you can get for trading him.

Agreed. To me it's worth seeing what the offers would be.

Id be open to moving him.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I wish he was better... but even at his worst hes 1000 times better than alot of posters here. Wish some of you were with the maple leafs too

Will be interesting to see what injury hes playing through.

Meanehile, brad if you read this thread please disregard half the crap a few idiots here are posting. You prob did make a few mistakes, but you are human. Im sure you played hurt. It goes to prove how important you are that you can lead the playoffs in scoring and still draw critism.

Im sure you feel bad but you've been our engine 3 years now. You deserve our support and the good fans here appreciate you

Are you saying that Marchand is a better player than posters on hf? What does that even mean?

I love Brad. Always have, always will. He had a terrible game but he'll be back next year, tearing it up. Hopefully he'll do MUCH better in the playoffs. I don't even consider trading him, though.

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
This team nearly won a cup being led by a goaltender and the 2 bottom lines
We wouldn't even have a sniff at the SFC without the top 2 lines. It's a bit hyperbolic to say the bottom 2 lines nearly won them a cup - can't win it, if you don't make the playoffs. Having said that, every player on the team needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror this morning.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
just call a spade a spade. He stunk for a majority of this cup finals. Made rookie mistakes. It's ok to speak the truth and still love him and still not want him traded.
Exactly. There's a middle ground between blindly absolving top players of any and all responsibility and going to extreme looney toon territory.

I keep seeing selfish. Where was Marchand selfish?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Marchand

Bergeron

Pastrnak

You'd think this fan base has learned from wanting elite talent traded. Nope, they actually just get worse. Trade Marchand? Trade Pastrnak? Trade yourself the **** out of here first! :laugh:
Way to overeating.. madness in the house.
Let's do Thornton/Seguin all over again.
Wow... unbelievable ffs.

Reactions: Number8

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

He's looked far worse than even those point totals too.

No one person loses a series, but the way they both went even a decent performance from him in either and they might win both.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He's looked far worse than even those point totals too.

No one person loses a series, but the way they both went even a decent performance from him in either and they might win both.

Ya he just wasn't playing like Brad Marchand. I hate to say this term because I know he's trying, but he looked like he was going through the motions.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ya he just wasn't playing like Brad Marchand. I hate to say this term because I know he's trying, but he looked like he was going through the motions.

His points total this post-season feels a little smoke and mirrors-y to me.

And after winning in 2011 he's been pretty bad in the post-season in general.

I don't get it.

Reactions: Hali33 and Estlin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Are you saying that Marchand is a better player than posters on hf? What does that even mean?

I love Brad. Always have, always will. He had a terrible game but he'll be back next year, tearing it up. Hopefully he'll do MUCH better in the playoffs. I don't even consider trading him, though.

marchand it a very good player who has done more good things then all but a small handful of other players and has in general gone out there and been a superstar most the time for us

some of these posters here are a disgrace and a gigantic fail and im not sure they have managed to do anything for us {if so it was done so quietly I never noticed}

if I had to throw my 'like' to either brad marchand or one of these idiot posters that mingle among us I will give my 'like' to marchand

right now marchand has a bit of struggle... so im going to say to him, hope you get better... we need you

and right now theres a lot of posters struggling... im going to say them, sorry losers you aint needed and never were. you didnt earn my benefit of the doubt. im not saying stick around. I wish I could trade you all for a bag of hockey pucks and a broken stick because id be getting a more useful return

{not naming names... if any of you feel im talking about you then congrats... you are right}

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Agreed. To me it's worth seeing what the offers would be.

Id be open to moving him.

he did make your prediction of a Toronto sweep in 4 look a little bad... if theres any 'fan' here that has a right to be mad at our players its probably you so you get a pass in my book

it was a very rough playoffs for you... watching the team go to the finals had to be difficult. I hope you can recover over the summer and be back to give your 'support' to the guys next year again

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
upload_2019-6-13_11-43-34.png

Sorry I must have jinxed the Bruins by posting this earlier about Marchand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad