Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I would've loved to see Eller leave the ice, head over to one of the police officers in the arena, and have Marchand placed under arrest for assault

We live in a society with rules, and those rules state you can't go throwing your fists into someone's face

Reactions: Doc McKenna

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I would've loved to see Eller leave the ice, head over to one of the police officers in the arena, and have Marchand placed under arrest for assault

We live in a society with rules, and those rules state you can't go throwing your fists into someone's face
Gotta bring the fuzz into this? Eller threw punches as well and being a resident of DC and understanding how the city treats minor physical altercations, if he did that....both would have went to jail.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Maybe we can have every single player who threw a check arrested for assault too.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I can't wait till Chara retires and some goon jumps and fills in that POS rat, you know it'll happen too, only a matter of time.

And he'll deserve it as well, considering the justification here is "Eller chirped and celebrated inappropriately," Marchand does something 10x as dangerous and stupid with regularity.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Marchand deserved the PIMs he got and nothing more. If you think he deserved supplementary discipline then you're not a hockey fan. This game is rough and involves fighting. As for the "codes" Eller deserved a beating, and Marchand will have to fight next time they face the Capitals, as he should

Reactions: Riptide

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Attacking a non fighter for showboating is unacceptable. This doesn't belong in the game and is not a hockey fight.

Hit him, give a face washing, talk ****, I don't care. Best response? Don't get embarrassed and play like an ahl team.

Marchand is twice the player (and fighter, apparently) that Eller is. Eller was asking for it, plain and simple. Proof is Marchand didn’t even get a call from the league.

You’re just exaggerating because it’s Marchand, and it’s the popular thing to do whenever he’s involved in something.

Yeah, he can be a dirty player at times. I won’t dispute that. But this was not a dirty play, and was justified. If the tables were turned, nobody would even be talking about this.

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
For the record I think this was Ellers first NHL fight. And technically it wasnt even really a fight. He didnt get a chance to even defend himself. He probably would have been better off not dropping the gloves and turtling. He wouldnt have taken as bad of a beating and Marchand definately would have been suspended.

He fought back and threw several punches. "Didn't get a chance to defend himself", my ass.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I can't wait till Chara retires and some goon jumps and fills in that POS rat, you know it'll happen too, only a matter of time.

And he'll deserve it as well, considering the justification here is "Eller chirped and celebrated inappropriately," Marchand does something 10x as dangerous and stupid with regularity.

Oh Jesus, settle ****** down. Do you have any idea how stupid your post looks? I'm not a Marchand fan either but to act like Marchand is gonna get his when Chara tires is just plain foolish.

Do better.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Gotta bring the fuzz into this? Eller threw punches as well and being a resident of DC and understanding how the city treats minor physical altercations, if he did that....both would have went to jail.

Actually I imagine that the police officer would have told him to grow a pair and to stop being a little bitch.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

So pro goalie running then?

Yeah what the NHL needs is to get the cops involved to sate the " well I never!" Crowd.

On the street, checking a guy into the glass of a gap store is also assault.

"But Mr officer, he's being so MEAN to me........"

Pass.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

You know what's funny ? The players ALSO have rules and one of them says that if you try to show up your opponent in a settled game in the third, you might want to either stay on the bench or get ready to go.

Reactions: Clode

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

Get a glue. You are hilarious. Have you called 911 already? :laugh:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Had it coming? Ok,so to re-cap... Taunting = bad, Assaulting taunter = good! Face Licker = good, Assaulting face licker = bad!
Seriously,if it wasn't Marchand it would of been deemed more acceptable...probably! Back in the day,taunting was considered classless,but so was trying to fight a player that wasn't willing or wasn't a fighter! I know Eller eventually engaged,but it's not as if Marchand didn't know who it was! I doubt he does that if it's Wilson or the like!

They had wilson hunting players down all playoffs. I don't like marchand at all, he's a POS. but eller had it coming and should know his place especially if big brother isn't there to answer the call. My guess is that, for 20 games, people will take liberties on the caps and honestly, rightfully so.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
I'm honestly asking last night did Kuznetsov do his celebration where he flaps his arms after each time he scores a goal since he happened to score last night. Personally I think that's a lot worse of a celebration compared to what Eller did.
i actually think that was what Eller was imitating..... he was not taunting the bruins

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Actually, i would have loved to see that too.

"Yes officer, he's wearing #63, right over there."

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You know what's funny ? The players ALSO have rules and one of them says that if you try to show up your opponent in a settled game in the third, you might want to either stay on the bench or get ready to go.
He didn't show anybody up, unless you think celebrating scoring a goal is showing them up.

Or is it scoring seven goals on them?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He didn't show anybody up, unless you think celebrating scoring a goal is showing them up.

Up seven in a settled game chirping the bench IS trying to show another team up.
At least that's what Marchand thought and is the opinion of many who play the game.

This isn't the world shampionship, goal differential means didly. But either he did cross a well known line or everyone who says he started this whole mess independently came up with the same reason.

He's not a kid, he's a veteran player. To suggest he didn't know is idiotic. Maybe he thought it wasn't that bad to chirp the bench up seven goals in the third?

He knows now.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Up seven in a settled game chirping the bench IS trying to show another team up.
At least that's what Marchand thought and is the opinion of many who play the game.
Because I am sure he was chirping the bench unprovoked. Like, you think he just felt really good about his goal so he wanted to talk trash to them for no reason? You think chirping doesn't occur in a blowout game from either the winning or losing team?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I honestly don't think Eller grew up with the same "rules" as we have in NA. Even in men's hockey, no one celebrates goals in blowouts. Well the hacks who never played organized hockey do, but most guys know better.

I remember when Eller had his 4 goal game with the habs i thought he was hamming it up by blowing the crowd kisses but i think it's just a different hockey culture there.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I honestly don't think Eller grew up with the same "rules" as we have in NA. Even in men's hockey, no one celebrates goals in blowouts. Well the hacks who never played organized hockey do, but most guys know better.

I remember when Eller had his 4 goal game with the habs i thought he was hamming it up by blowing the crowd kisses but i think it's just a different hockey culture there.
This is the same kind of logic that got Don Cherry mad at Tomas Hertl for his between the legs goal. Which was also silly.

Not to mention the celebration wasn't even a big deal. Should he not put his arms up next time? Not smile? What is the etiquette for a player when they are clown-pounding a team on the scoreboard, just so we can make sure the other team doesn't get their feelings hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad