Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If Wilson did this to Marchand the same Bruins fans in here saying it’s no big deal would be crying for a suspension.

Already said in this thread that Marchand should have gotten a beating for lifting the Cup and kissing the ring in Vancouver, and that wasn't even a blowout. Hell, he deserves a beating every other shift sometimes.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The only thing separating this attack from the Domi attack is the fact that Marchands initial hard swing (from right after he came up behind and grabbed Eller, before Eller regain some balance or even dropped the gloves or “squared up”) just missed Ellers head. If that connects it could have been worse, and he sure as hell intended to connect there.

If the league is seriously intending to lower the occurrence of head traumas they need to punish based on intent as well, not just result. Fans too.

We already know two players making the same hit will be punished differently (or one not at all) if one victim is injured and the other is not. It’s ridiculous. It was the same thing here, but with fights.

We all know it, but it’s worth repeating over and over that the DoPS is a joke

Last edited:

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Yes.

3 points for Marchand now. Clearly he has great karma and the hockey gods love him. Who are the Caps fans to rise against the gods?

Stand up for your team and ye shall receive.

Eller has learned the hard way that if you wave to the bench you'll receive a punch in the face.
Really? That's what you're going with? Wow! That is just so Pejorative Slured.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
You mean like this?

Looks like 5ish punches before Miller drops his gloves and there wasn’t a peep in here about this one either. Is that the crying you’re expecting?

Cool, want to answer the question of how many punches were thrown from the original video?

Also, where is a video that shows Wilson throwing punches at an unsuspecting player in this situation? Not saying there might not have been but this video shows punches being thrown at someone that is well aware of the potential of fist coming.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Cool, want to answer the question of how many punches were thrown from the original video?

Also, where is a video that shows Wilson throwing punches at an unsuspecting player in this situation? Not saying there might not have been but this video shows punches being thrown at someone that is well aware of the potential of fist coming.
Probably isn’t any. Wilson is too much of a coward to fight, he’d rather just blindside people and then hide behind the refs when he called to answer the bell.

Last Gleaming

Jul 21, 2013
The Caps were celebrating winning the STANLEY CUP, and beating the **** out of Boston in the process. "Flapping arms" had nothing to do with the Bruins, and everything to do with the excitement of the evening, the fans, the team, and everything else EXCEPT the super-sensitive bad boys from Boston.

Besides, you think regressing to 12 years old is an acceptable response to anything in this world? If a lady sells more paperclips than you for the year, are you going to yank her braids and put a frog down the back of her blouse? There is no way mugging Eller -- minutes later -- for celebrating scoring a goal is an acceptable response to anything that happened in that game.

Other than Marchand being a highly-paid man-child, crying about being beaten like a rented bear, of course.

Weird response. The Caps won the Cup last season - it's a new season now. They had their celebration for that accomplishment already.

I have no problem with the 7-0 rout in and of itself. A team is within its rights to keep pushing for goals up to the final horn. And, I actually prefer the Capitals to the Bruins. But, it's not difficult to respect the game and your opponent regardless of the score. They're all in the NHL and worked extremely hard to get there, too, even if things are not going well at all for them at that moment. Taunting just isn't professional.

I will say, Marchand should probably not have jumped Eller exactly like he did, but he had every right to challenge him with Eller's unsportsmanlike behavior, which should have been penalized (and that arm-flapping thing is just cringeworthy). It should also be noted that Eller accepted the fight, even if he was at a disadvantage from the start - kudos to him for not turtling. The instigator plus five and a game was probably about the right punishment for Marchand.

Reactions: RedMenace

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
This is still going?

It’s like a Toronto Sun article. Only going on forever.

Which one of you is Steve Simmonds and which one is Damien Cox? I know you’re lurking in here. The smell of being wedgied in high school is all over this place

Reactions: Bruhin

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Its cute that Washington fans think Wilson is some feared enforcer. He split fights with Miller and he bailed against McQuaid. Call me up when he fights someone like Lucic, Reaves, Oleksiak, Gudbranson or ya know someone who can actually go.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I hate the Bruins and I hate Marchand.

I hate players getting jumped.

But Eller had it coming with that stupid celebration after the goal, and then again by the bench.

Reactions: rfournier103

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Which one is that? Because this is a routine fight with an instigator. Or are you talking about Domi, which is nothing like this. How many punches did Ekblad throw? ZERO. How many did Eller throw? TWO.

That's the difference.

It's a routine instigator and a routine case of HF crying about Brad Marchand.

The difference is that Domi through a brick right on the button when he jumped Ekblad, Marchand was less effective so Eller had a chance to swing back.
He doesn't become any less cowardly by being less effective with the advantage he gave himself.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think everyone has had a chance to weigh in on this incident and it's no longer leading to productive conversation, so I'm locking the thread.

Reactions: jgatie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->