Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
What Marchand did, happens all the time. Eller was asking for it, showboating/taunting at 7-0. People love to hate, and this is one more excuse to hate Marchand. But I bet if the opposite happened, nobody would bat an eye.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
According to this tweet from Elliotte Friedman there is no suspension for Marchand and it's not even being looked at the Department of Player Safety.

Yep, no question this was not a hockey play, I thought they were trying to get this stuff out, but hey, they have always been light on Brad, having said it when teams run up scores you know something is going to happen, so maybe that's part of the reason why Brad doesn't get anything, or maybe he's too valuable a player to get time off.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yep, no question this was not a hockey play, I thought they were trying to get this stuff out, but hey, they have always been light on Brad, having said it when teams run up scores you know something is going to happen, so maybe that's part of the reason why Brad doesn't get anything, or maybe he's too valuable a player to get time off.

Oh good lord.

This type of stuff has happened for actual decades without anyone batting an eye. If this was any other player than Marchand this wouldn't even be a thread.

How about you don't like a clown taunting the bench in a 7-0 asskicking, and show some class.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Oh good lord.

This type of stuff has happened for actual decades without anyone batting an eye. If this was any other player than Marchand this wouldn't even be a thread.

How about you don't like a clown taunting the bench in a 7-0 asskicking, and show some class.

Problem this was not a hockey fight, it was an attack by Brad, but I do agree that yeah, if you are running up the score and then hotdogging then something like this is for sure going to happen, I'm not saying it's not, just saying what Brad did was going too far the other way and I can also see why the league did nothing because of what the Caps did.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Taunting a bench while up 7-0 is just classless. I'm with Marchand on this one.. (can't believe I just wrote this..)

Did you actually see the play?? He scored and waved his hand towards his team celebrating without once looking at the Bruins bench. This is just a matter of Marchand being upset because his team is getting there butt handed to them by the Caps once again..

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

So this is why you continued the thread.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
to some people, you're expected to be respectful to the other team when you're on the good side of a blowout, but you're free
to hack, slash and sucker punch if you're on the bad end.
If you act up yes. You will be.

It doesn’t even make sense to think a guy wouldn’t know that was coming. Eller has been around. He knew what he was doing

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Isn't this really because the Caps ran up the score on the Bruins and you just don't do that.
I'm not a fan of fighting and think it's stupid, but i don't see why this deserves any more punishment than any other fight. That said, if you don't like someone scoring 7 goals on you, stop them.

Players should try to win and if the other team can't stop them, too bad. Whether you should act like the 7th goal in game 1 of 82 is equivalent to an OT Cup winner is a different point.

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
This reminds me of Nurse beating up Roman Polak even though Polak didn't want to fight a the season before last. As I recall he got 3 games for it, which even as an Oilers fan I had to admit was fair. Judging from what happened after that incident I assume the Caps will bring up a goon from the minors to fight Marchand in an arranged fight the next time they play. Then we will be treated to Caps fans claiming said goon "beat the crap out of" Marchand even though the replay clearly shows nothing but a few jabs being landed. Same old, same old, although I think Marchand does deserve a suspension.

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site
Tom Wilson gets 20 games for what could be generously called a hockey play that went over the edge. Brad Marchand gets no review for something that cannot be considered a hockey play even generously

Tom Wilson is maybe the 10th best player in his team. Brad Marchand is maybe the 25th best player in the entire NHL.

It's not equal justice for all. If you are good enough to sell lots of tickets you get away with it. If you are not a star you get the book thrown at you.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I'm not a fan of fighting and think it's stupid, but i don't see why this deserves any more punishment than any other fight. That said, if you don't like someone scoring 7 goals on you, stop them.

Players should try to win and if the other team can't stop them, too bad. Whether you should act like the 7th goal in game 1 of 82 is equivalent to an OT Cup winner is a different point.

Because it wasn't a fight, Eller did not agree to fight Brad, Brad went after him, it was an attack.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Tom Wilson gets 20 games for what could be generously called a hockey play that went over the edge. Brad Marchand gets no review for something that cannot be considered a hockey play even generously

Tom Wilson is maybe the 105th best player in his team. Brad Marchand is maybe the 25th best player in the entire NHL.

It's not equal justice for all. If you are good enough to sell lots of tickets you get away with it. If you are not a star you get the book thrown at you.

Yes, finally.

Not to mention the Bruins have the most powerful owner in the league.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad