Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Oh well! I guess I get to save some money instead of buying it Day 1.

Fine by me.

For me, EGS exclusives might be a blessing in disguise, as I might actually be able to make my way through my Steam backlog while I wait for games to come to a platform I like, or wait for Epic to fix their crap. :laugh:

Of course, I fully expect these timed exclusives to launch at full price when they eventually come to new platforms because of course they will, right?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
For me, EGS exclusives might be a blessing in disguise, as I might actually be able to make my way through my Steam backlog while I wait for games to come to a platform I like, or wait for Epic to fix their crap. :laugh:

Of course, I fully expect these timed exclusives to launch at full price when they eventually come to new platforms because of course they will, right?

Ditto. I absolutely would have picked up Metro and Division 2 already were they on Steam, but instead I started finally working through Divinity Original Sin 2 and getting back into DS3 so I can jump into Sekiro.

Just another game I'll pass on

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wish it was sooner.

Sigh.
Same. September is pretty much the worst time for a game to release for me. I have the whole summer off and am always just dying for new games to play, but obviously not many games release during that time. Oh well. Just excited to have a firm date rather than the speculation I've been reading for years.

The remaster of the original looks pretty good, but I didn't really enjoy the first one all that much. I'll probably play through it again though.

I do like that they're adding instanced loot so everyone gets their own drops and nobody can steal your gun. I think that's the right call. Should make playing with randoms tolerable.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Still never played Borderlands. I would never play it on PC anyway, but this kind of thing makes me even less inclined to try it (I never woulda anyways, but still want to complain online about game companies being shitty).

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
:laugh:

Fantastic joke, and yet also foreshadowing for the future of Discord?
I don't really do Discord (I know, I know.)

When I play some Rainbow Six Siege I get people asking me to join their Discord all the time. I don't see why when in-game chat works just fine. I don't know. I know its a chat program... thats about it lol.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I don't really do Discord (I know, I know.)

When I play some Rainbow Six Siege I get people asking me to join their Discord all the time. I don't see why when in-game chat works just fine. I don't know. I know its a chat program... thats about it lol.

Voice/text chat and community program, that's also a game store with its own subscription service now. :laugh:

It already has a feature to show your friends what you are playing, and has a "quick-launcher" feature that lets you launch games from it (hence the reference).

I only use it to keep in touch with a few gaming buddies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Voice/text chat and community program, that's also a game store with its own subscription service now. :laugh:

It already has a feature to show your friends what you are playing, and has a "quick-launcher" feature that lets you launch games from it (hence the reference).

I only use it to keep in touch with a few gaming buddies.
Gotcha. So its the Xbox App but not Xbox basically?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I fired up the Borderlands GOTY Enhanced this morning, but it's been so long since I've played the OG BL that I don't even know how different it looks/plays.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pre-ordered already (i def do not play on PC) since the super deluxe edition is apparently priced down for a limited time only?

It's the one of the few games i feel totally comfortable throwing money at for the season pass ahead of time. 75% of BL2's DLC was ****ing great outside of that crappy Hammerlock safari one.

Can i get Tourge's campaign of carnage two please?

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Gotcha. So its the Xbox App but not Xbox basically?

Sort of, except it's mostly about joining communities and being able to hop in and out of chat channels. The games store was built on afterwards to make money, as the service is free.

Most people use it while playing games as an alternative to (or in addition to) game chat. Voice quality tends to be a lot better, and it helps for setting up what games to play together etc.

That's sort of why I thought it was similar to the "game launcher launcher". "Community coordinator" might be a better description.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I fired up the Borderlands GOTY Enhanced this morning, but it's been so long since I've played the OG BL that I don't even know how different it looks/plays.

The second game does look quite a bit better with the improved 4k texture pack. I am considering playing through it again but that game is soooooo long.

Not in a bad way, I just would rather devote that time to games I have not played yet or to Total War Warhammer which I got recently.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The second game does look quite a bit better with the improved 4k texture pack. I am considering playing through it again but that game is soooooo long.

Not in a bad way, I just would rather devote that time to games I have not played yet or to Total War Warhammer which I got recently.

It actually doesnt that long to do the first playthrough. Maybe 20 hours? The DLCs and subsequent playthroughs take much longer. And loot farming etc.

But just the base game alone isnt that long

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It actually doesnt that long to do the first playthrough. Maybe 20 hours? The DLCs and subsequent playthroughs take much longer. And loot farming etc.

But just the base game alone isnt that long

It's been a while but I remember the main game taking a long time but I did all the side-quests. I also did the first DLC (pirates in the desert) and then stopped because it just got to be too much.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's been a while but I remember the main game taking a long time but I did all the side-quests. I also did the first DLC (pirates in the desert) and then stopped because it just got to be too much.

Yeah, I found it a bit of a grind myself.

The humour kept me going as well as playing with a friend.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Has anyone been playing the remastered Borderlands 1 they released a few days ago?

First time playing Borderlands, and wondering if anyone has experienced this glitch (or maybe I'm just dumb).

Basically, I'll find that my marker on my mini-map is wrong. Like, I know to follow it, and I also know how to change your 'active' mission. First, when trying to find the first boss, I kept going to where the second boss is and getting absolutely shredded. Running through 200 bullets and not even taking down the first enemy. Then I quit for a while, logged back on and realized my marker was telling me to go elsewhere and I followed it and it was a lottttt easier. I thought this was just me being dumb.

But now I'm at the part where you first get a vehicle. I couldn't find out how to get by the ramp for it, because it was telling me I needed to go there. Again, I quit after a while, and when I came back, the spawn for the vehicle was really close to the first town you start in. At first I thought I was dumb, but I think my marker or something is glitching because it's twice now it's happened.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
FYI, I've been able to verify that the PC versions of Borderlands: Enhanced and Borderlands 2: Remastered both support the original INI tweaks that disable the post processing that adds the black lines, cel shading and framerate smoothing. That's a relief because the games look and play much better with them disabled.

Has anyone been playing the remastered Borderlands 1 they released a few days ago?

First time playing Borderlands, and wondering if anyone has experienced this glitch (or maybe I'm just dumb).

Basically, I'll find that my marker on my mini-map is wrong. Like, I know to follow it, and I also know how to change your 'active' mission. First, when trying to find the first boss, I kept going to where the second boss is and getting absolutely shredded. Running through 200 bullets and not even taking down the first enemy. Then I quit for a while, logged back on and realized my marker was telling me to go elsewhere and I followed it and it was a lottttt easier. I thought this was just me being dumb.

But now I'm at the part where you first get a vehicle. I couldn't find out how to get by the ramp for it, because it was telling me I needed to go there. Again, I quit after a while, and when I came back, the spawn for the vehicle was really close to the first town you start in. At first I thought I was dumb, but I think my marker or something is glitching because it's twice now it's happened.

I played the non-Enhanced version last year and remember that same thing happening to me in the starting area. I probably wasted half an hour trying to make it through enemies several levels higher than me to kill the first boss only to eventually realize that the map marker was bugged and I was in the wrong area. I also had trouble finding the ramp, like you. I think that maybe what I did was to follow the compass instead of the mini map to find the right destinations. Fortunately, I don't recall having those issues for the rest of the game, so it may be only those two quests that are bugged and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I decided to get in on all the hullabaloo and started playing Borderlands 2 with a buddy. I say I "decided", but really he bought the game for me.

I'm remembering what made me not finish it the first time around - for some reason, this game makes me motion sick. I was hoping that it wouldn't be as bad on PC with a higher FOV and frame rate (originally played on Xbox), but I'm still getting some unpleasant effects. Really weird.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the art style? I'll try to disable the cel shading and see if it helps.

I'm sure it doesn't help that my buddy is in Australia and there's a noticeable lag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad