Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I decided to get in on all the hullabaloo and started playing Borderlands 2 with a buddy. I say I "decided", but really he bought the game for me.

I'm remembering what made me not finish it the first time around - for some reason, this game makes me motion sick. I was hoping that it wouldn't be as bad on PC with a higher FOV and frame rate (originally played on Xbox), but I'm still getting some unpleasant effects. Really weird.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the art style? I'll try to disable the cel shading and see if it helps.

In addition to disabling the post processing, experiment with the Framerate option in the game's settings. It defaults to a "smoothing" setting that sounds gross, but you can set it to 60fps, 120fps or unlimited. Also, there's a "UI Sway" option that you probably want to disable.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Make sure it sets your resolution right. Everytime I start it up, I have to change it.

Setting the relevant INI file as read only might save you from having to do that. I've read that some users have had to do that to prevent the cel shading tweak from being undone. It might be the same WillowEngine.ini file (in Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2).

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
In addition to disabling the post processing, experiment with the Framerate option in the game's settings. It defaults to a "smoothing" setting that sounds gross, but you can set it to 60fps, 120fps or unlimited. Also, there's a "UI Sway" option that you probably want to disable.

It's a lot better after some tweaks.

Put a fan on me for a cool breeze and I'm alright to go.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
trying again to complete B2 solo.

with 150 golden keys, is it ok to use some in normal run through, or do you save them for the higher difficulties? is there a level I should wait till? This sounds like a lot of keys but I don't know for sure.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
trying again to complete B2 solo.

with 150 golden keys, is it ok to use some in normal run through, or do you save them for the higher difficulties? is there a level I should wait till? This sounds like a lot of keys but I don't know for sure.

Use em. The Borderlands Twitter account gives out 5 keys like every week (available to everyone)

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
First look at the gameplay coming today in a few hours. Should be very exciting. Kind of at a bad time when most people are at work, but hopefully there's a VOD available somewhere.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Gameplay reveal. It looks exactly like more Borderlands, which is exactly what I wanted. Cant wait for September 13th!

One thing I REALLY like - The Lost Loot station (it collects loot which falls into inaccessible locations during gameplay for you)

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea there's a lot of stuff to go over now. I'll just wait until SupMatto or someone breaks down everything and makes videos.

Lots of new QOL features like sliding, vaulting, auto pick up money and ammo, lost loot station, etc.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Having recently finished a play through of Borderlands 2, I actually think this looks really good.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Can someone explain one legitimate use for the "delayed" explosion guns? They're in BL2, and I see one in the trailer for 3.

Some of these guns look a little too gimmicky. Like, I dont want a lightning bolt gun or something dumb. Hopefully theyre just showcasing new stuff.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Can someone explain one legitimate use for the "delayed" explosion guns? They're in BL2, and I see one in the trailer for 3.

Some of these guns look a little too gimmicky. Like, I dont want a lightning bolt gun or something dumb. Hopefully theyre just showcasing new stuff.
Really? I think it's pretty cool. The delayed explosion guns are absolutely trash, no doubt about that, but I like the special effects on some of the guns shown.

I remember my first ever Pearl gun in BL2 was the Bearcat. I was so excited to see it drop and then I picked it up and starting using it and just laughed. It was so incredibly bad :laugh: I think that's important though. You need bad guns to make the great guns look even better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Really? I think it's pretty cool. The delayed explosion guns are absolutely trash, no doubt about that, but I like the special effects on some of the guns shown.

I remember my first ever Pearl gun in BL2 was the Bearcat. I was so excited to see it drop and then I picked it up and starting using it and just laughed. It was so incredibly bad :laugh: I think that's important though. You need bad guns to make the great guns look even better.

I dunno, I guess I just like guns to shoot bullets?

I played my first ever runthrough of Borderlands without even touching an elemental weapon. Thats too hard to do in BL2 though, but they did make elementals better in BL2.

And yea, the Bearcat is awful :laugh:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I dunno, I guess I just like guns to shoot bullets?

I played my first ever runthrough of Borderlands without even touching an elemental weapon. Thats too hard to do in BL2 though, but they did make elementals better in BL2.

And yea, the Bearcat is awful :laugh:
I mean one of the main draws to the Borderlands games is not only the amount of gun, but all the different things they can do and shoot. They improved this tenfold in BL3. There's plenty of other games when you can just shoot normal guns with normal bullets out there. There's still a lot of guns that feel more normal, but every weapon manufacture has their own gimmick thing now to help the variation. Sounds like Jakobs, Dahl, and Vladof would probably best suit you in BL3.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
PSN has the Handsome collection (all the games and also upscaled for ps4 and pro) for $15. I think the sale ends tomorrow at 11am. They also have a texture upgrade pack that is free for it.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
PSN has the Handsome collection (all the games and also upscaled for ps4 and pro) for $15. I think the sale ends tomorrow at 11am. They also have a texture upgrade pack that is free for it.
It doesn't include the first game. Just Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
God I’m so excited for this game. Been playing through BL2 as Maya. About to start the new DLC. I just love this game so much.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad