Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Looks pretty great. Seems like they kept it similar to how it's been in the past.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
PCGamer saying that the BL1 upgrade is free on Steam if you own the GOTY version

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
bell_ringer_medium.gif

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Looks pretty great. Seems like they kept it similar to how it's been in the past.

Which is exactly what I want. And what I think most Borderlands fans want.

Theres already games media sources complaining it doesnt look different enough. They arent going so far as to say they want a "game as a service!" but theyre getting close.

Good!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Which is exactly what I want. And what I think most Borderlands fans want.

Theres already games media sources complaining it doesnt look different enough. They arent going so far as to say they want a "game as a service!" but theyre getting close.

Good!
Oh same here for sure. A fun story line, some cool new legendaries to chase, and good skill trees is all I’m looking for. They don’t need to reinvent the wheel here. It’s been 7 years so pretty much more of the same would be great. It’s not like CoD or Assassin’s Creed that comes out every year and needs to keep it fresh by changing a bunch of stuff every year. Borderlands 2.5 would honestly be incredible.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Just finished my first Siren run through of BL2. I transferred a conference call from my other file.

Lvl 33 Conference call + The Bee shield shreds the level 32 Warrior in seconds :laugh:

In my very first playthrough ever of BL2 i got a random conference call drop before the Warrior then the level 33 one from the Warrior. I didnt even know what they were other then they were awesome lol

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Enemy variety looks way up, that is encouraging.

Need to know more about systems and how much multiplayer will be forced (if at all outside of the epic bosses) before I get pumped.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Enemy variety looks way up, that is encouraging.

Need to know more about systems and how much multiplayer will be forced (if at all outside of the epic bosses) before I get pumped.

Everything Ive seen so far suggests its following the formula pretty well.

Gearbox has acknowledged that there is a strong single player community for these games, so I hope they continue along as before.

As Ive noted before, i have over 300 hours in BL2, 100% of which is solo.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
If you own the BL1 GOTY edition on Steam the remastered version is a free update, or so I've been told.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It looks rather underwhelming to me, personally. I played the first game for the first time just last year and this doesn't look like it's 10 years newer. I think that a large part of it is the cell shading. When you're going for a comic book look instead of a realistic look, there's only so much that you can do to raise the bar, since you're purposefully choosing to not use high resolution textures or shading techniques. I hope that there's a way to turn the cell shading off on PC like there was on the previous games. I wouldn't have played the first game (and wouldn't still plan to play the second) if there hadn't been a way to turn it off.

That said, because I dislike the cell shading look, every Borderlands game has looked underwhelming to me, so my impressions may not mean much. I put off the first game for 9 years because it didn't look appealing to me, and I ended up quite enjoying it (after modifying it a little), so, if this turns out to be a fun game in spite of unimpressive visuals, that's probably all that matters.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad