Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Oh thank God! I wonder when it will release. This is my most anticipated game of all time. I have hundreds of hours into BL2 and still play it every once in a while. I hope it releases this summer, but I doubt it. My big fear is they f*** up the microtransactions and make certain legendaries have like a .01% drop rate but can be purchased for $5 or something stupid like that. Or you can buy a booster that makes legendaries drop more frequently or something. None of that, PLEASE. Sell the cosmetics, sell the headhunter packs and stuff like that. Keep the loot out of the microtransactions.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I just want a true Borderlands game.

My biggest fear is they transform it into some Destiny/Anthem "game as a service" always online crap.

I played likely 300 hours of solo BL2. Its one of my favourites of all time.

Please dont screw this up

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I just want a true Borderlands game.

My biggest fear is they transform it into some Destiny/Anthem "game as a service" always online crap.

I played likely 300 hours of solo BL2. Its one of my favourites of all time.

Please dont screw this up

Ugh. That would be absolutely awful. I loved both BL1 and BL2. I have been eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment for a while. Please be good.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ugh. That would be absolutely awful. I loved both BL1 and BL2. I have been eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment for a while. Please be good.

I hope they stick with the formula.

Like, Ive accepted that its going to have microtransactions (Golden Keys seems built for this) but I hope they dont try and change up the gameplay style significantly.

One of the IGN podcasts talked about this last week when the first rumbling were coming out. They talked about how Borderlands is more or less the first of the looter-shooters and how much the industry and that type of game has changed since BL2 in 2012.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I hope they stick with the formula.

Like, Ive accepted that its going to have microtransactions (Golden Keys seems built for this) but I hope they dont try and change up the gameplay style significantly.

One of the IGN podcasts talked about this last week when the first rumbling were coming out. They talked about how Borderlands is more or less the first of the looter-shooters and how much the industry and that type of game has changed since BL2 in 2012.

Sure and to an extent, I have accepted that microtransactions are a part of gaming. But there is a big difference between having microtransactions be a supplement to a game and creating a pay to win game via microtransactions. I guess we will find out more in two weeks!

Reactions: Warden of the North

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't see how they avoid the allure of a Destiny type games as a service thing. Either that or there's gonna be a battle royale mode. They're gonna have some kind of way to monetize well into the lifespan of the game.

I hope it's just straight BL, but I have my doubts.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Gearbox are definitely a company you should trust to not screw this up.

Oh, really? ;)

220px-AliensColonialMarinesBox.png

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
In celebration of this I started a new playthrough as a Siren and got a level 2 legendary from Knuckledragger

:laugh:
The Hornet? I think? Pretty decent pistol, especially for the first play through. Gotta farm the Bonus Package from Boom Bewm :) That thing clears rooms on the first play through.

It’s sad that our first reaction is “please don’t f*** it up”. So much disappointment recently.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
BL2 was the best looter shooter I've ever played.

I didn't really care for it.

The world was really fun, though. I'm glad they are making more.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
How is the Handsome Collection on PS4? It's always tempting when it's down to 20 bucks, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I only played maybe 10 hours of BL1 on PS3 so most of it will be new to me. Isn't there local co-op, to play through the story together?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
How is the Handsome Collection on PS4? It's always tempting when it's down to 20 bucks, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I only played maybe 10 hours of BL1 on PS3 so most of it will be new to me. Isn't there local co-op, to play through the story together?

The presentation is significantly better between my 360 and XB1. Higher frame rate really helps.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Or its a remaster of 1, 2 and the pre-sequel being bundled and re-sold... again...

:laugh:

Damn it. Now youve got me doubting.

I do find it highly unlikely theyd tease a BL1 remaster as a major announcement though.

BL1 isnt really that good to be honest. Ive long felt it was more of a concept test and BL2 is what they really wanted to do. BL2 is leaps and bounds better in every single way.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I actually liked BL 1 the most lol. Claptrap was such a cool surprise. But in 2 he was overplayed.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
So tired of skins on stuff. Who the F cares about what the gun/character looks like. I can get the editing of the stuff but don't make me grind just to get rewarded with a skin that I don't give a **** about. I pray they don't mess this up. I hope they fix the sniper class. Zero's ability was a waste. He's a sniper so you give him a close combat ability. It wouldn't be bad if you could've projected it instead of dropping it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad