Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It looks rather underwhelming to me, personally. I played the first game for the first time just last year and this doesn't look like it's 10 years newer. I think that a large part of it is the cell shading. When you're going for a comic book look instead of a realistic look, there's only so much that you can do to raise the bar, since you're purposefully choosing to not use high resolution textures or shading techniques. I hope that there's a way to turn the cell shading off on PC like there was on the previous games. I wouldn't have played the first game (and wouldn't still plan to play the second) if there hadn't been a way to turn it off.

That said, because I dislike the cell shading look, every Borderlands game has looked underwhelming to me, so my impressions may not mean much. I put off the first game for 9 years because it didn't look appealing to me, and I ended up quite enjoying it (after modifying it a little), so, if this turns out to be a fun game in spite of unimpressive visuals, that's probably all that matters.

BL2 is 75% off on Steam right now. Go buy it! Its a way better game then 1

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Think I’m going to start a new playthrough whenever we see a release date. Has there been any speculation on that front? Holiday 2019? Early 2020?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Well they said they were going to release news only when the game was close. Saw some people saying about October 1st because of some digging through the trailer and having the numbers 10 and 1 at different points.

It'll be this year baring a delay imo. Thinking September or October. Borderlands 2 released the first trailer around the same time and came out in September.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I love BL2. A while back I had a few months off and I played so much BL2 i actually developed tendonitis in my finger.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Think I’m going to start a new playthrough whenever we see a release date. Has there been any speculation on that front? Holiday 2019? Early 2020?

We'll know April 3rd

As of the 28th, it doesnt appear it was decided yet? So i dont know what to make of the trailer sleuthing shown above.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ive been replaying too, my first Siren playthrugh.

I just had a ten minute run early in True Vault Hunter Mode where I had a Double Penetrating Unkepmt Harold drop from Savage Lee, then random drops of a corrosive Veruc a really random Bee shield.

Laughing my way through now :laugh:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Also I wanted to buy a steam key of Borderlands GOTY edition but of course it's expensive everywhere. Was going to buy a cheap code, and get the remastered upgrade for free.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So to the surprise of no one this will be on the Epic Games Store, exclusivity unknown yet.

Also the official Borderlands Twitter accidently tweeted the release date of September 13,2019. Lots of info will be coming out in 2 days though.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So to the surprise of no one this will be on the Epic Games Store, exclusivity unknown yet.

Also the official Borderlands Twitter accidently tweeted the release date of September 13,2019. Lots of info will be coming out in 2 days though.

As a console gamer these days, I really dont understand the outrage over various game launchers on PC.

Anways, it doesnt effect me assuming it gets a console launch the same day.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
As a console gamer these days, I really dont understand the outrage over various game launchers on PC.

Eh, there's definitely more to it than just another launcher. Getting rid of places to buy a product from is usually never a good thing, the Epic launcher is also pretty bad and doesn't have a lot of features like user reviews or anything. Although, some people do go to far about it, I'll still be getting it on the EGS because it's one of the games I ain't skipping or waiting.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Basically, imagine you have your PS4/XB1, only to be told that you need to buy a game you really want to play (Borderlands 3, for example) on a separate tool you need to download. This tool removes all but the most basic of features, including community, mod support, ability to play without an internet connection, controller support in the launcher, etc. (absolute barebones, they only recently added a search bar into their store for crying out loud), and has also been accused of collecting multiple forms of data it shouldn't for who knows what purpose.

All of this is because the owner of that tool threw money at the developers and called it "competition", while half-assing everything consumer facing and just trying to force you onto their platform with exclusives.

Now, this obviously isn't the end of the world, but I think you can see where the annoyance lies.

This isn't to say that Epic won't one day become a fully fledged platform like Steam, Xbox or PlayStation, but right now it's forced exclusivity (on PC at least) with a garbage platform. Heck, Steam was a pile of garbage when it launched too.

Reactions: Warden of the North

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Wow. This game too? I guess I figured a game as highly anticipated as this wouldn't go for the BS. Oh well. I was excited for this one.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Basically, imagine you have your PS4/XB1, only to be told that you need to buy a game you really want to play (Borderlands 3, for example) on a separate tool you need to download. This tool removes all but the most basic of features, including community, mod support, ability to play without an internet connection, controller support in the launcher, etc. (absolute barebones, they only recently added a search bar into their store for crying out loud), and has also been accused of collecting multiple forms of data it shouldn't for who knows what purpose.

All of this is because the owner of that tool threw money at the developers and called it "competition", while half-assing everything consumer facing and just trying to force you onto their platform with exclusives.

Now, this obviously isn't the end of the world, but I think you can see where the annoyance lies.

This isn't to say that Epic won't one day become a fully fledged platform like Steam, Xbox or PlayStation, but right now it's forced exclusivity (on PC at least) with a garbage platform. Heck, Steam was a pile of garbage when it launched too.
This happened yesterday an it was EPIC, no pun intended. Corsair won April Fools IMO.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I didn't think it was confirmed that it had timed exclusivity on Epic?
Pitchford came out doing damage control saying that Gearbox is just the talent and 2K is the publisher who makes decisions on platforms, etc. If it's not EGS exclusive, they're sure going through a lot of hoops to be vague AF about it.

Those 3 tweets suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure look like someone who's prepping people for the announcement that it's EGS exclusive, maybe even dropping a hint in #2 about the length of exclusivity.

I will not purchase BL3. Ever. I will not support publishers who take this road for the sake of a better cut.

I'm sure it comes off as crybaby-ish, but that's how I feel about it. Steam is a very well fleshed out and fully featured client. It's where all my friends are. For devs to try and force me into a client that has nothing in it is incredibly frustrating.

Maybe 2 years down the road if the EGS actually works out and has the same features I've come to expect from Steam, sure. Whatever. I've been a console player my whole life, so I know about exclusives. Right now? It's awful.

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I mean Pitchford is a huge tool, but these deals are done with the bigger publishers like in this case 2K/Take Two. Same with Ubisoft and Epic with The Division 2 and not Massive, same with Deep Silver and Epic with Metro and not 4A games, etc.

Sounds like it's 6 months exclusive to EGS. Cross play would be a nice silver lining I guess to it.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

I5GxfVx.png

Leaked stuff they will be showing tomorrow.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Nice try, Leafs at Knight. April Fool's was yesterday and we know that there's no 13th month, bro.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafs at Knight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->