Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The characters in the Runner match the look of the leaked new Vault Hunters. I would say the two character at the top of the mask are the new villians, and based on the worship thing going on maybe theyll play off the "Cult of the Vault" challenge in BL2.

I also see Brick, Mordecai and Lilith. Hammerlock. Claptrap obviously. A couple other characters I cant ID

No sign of Axton, Salvador, Maya and Zer0. Unless I missed them

I guess we'll know tomorrow exactly what it is

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Also saw Atlas brand, so hopefully they're returning as a manufacturer. I thought I saw Mr. Torgue in there somewhere as well, but I had to watch it quick while I was at work so I might be mistaken :laugh:

Regardless I'm as excited for this as any game ever.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Borderlands Battle Royale! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ill lose my mind if thats all it is.

I wouldnt be shocked if it is part of the game though.

Rumours are that there is a bunch of Borderlands stuff coming. This game, full remaster of BL1 and other stuff. Rumour of new BL2 DLC.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oh thank God! I wonder when it will release. This is my most anticipated game of all time. I have hundreds of hours into BL2 and still play it every once in a while. I hope it releases this summer, but I doubt it. My big fear is they **** up the microtransactions and make certain legendaries have like a .01% drop rate but can be purchased for $5 or something stupid like that. Or you can buy a booster that makes legendaries drop more frequently or something. None of that, PLEASE. Sell the cosmetics, sell the headhunter packs and stuff like that. Keep the loot out of the microtransactions.

hmm

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
More Ive noticed - I think thats grown up Tina high fiving Brick and Mordecai, and maybe Springs from the Pre-sequel on the bike at the bottom.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Ill lose my mind if thats all it is.

I wouldnt be shocked if it is part of the game though.

Rumours are that there is a bunch of Borderlands stuff coming. This game, full remaster of BL1 and other stuff. Rumour of new BL2 DLC.
It honestly just has that vibe to me. I could be (hope) I am wrong.

But people seeing Apex Legends, an off-shoot of a popular title (Titanfall) come from nowhere and be successful. I can't imagine we won't see a few more companies at least try it.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
More Ive noticed - I think thats grown up Tina high fiving Brick and Mordecai, and maybe Springs from the Pre-sequel on the bike at the bottom.
Yes, there are leaks of Tiny Tina being an adult now; like 18/19.

Also yes those 2 characters are the villains, the Calypso Twins - both are Sirens, and the people praying are the new villian faction - The Children of the Vault.

More leaks here: Borderlands 3 Details Leaked from 4chan; Set 5 years after the end of BL2, All brands returning except Bandit/Scav; Multiple planets

It's not going to be BR lol

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
2 was about as perfect as I'd want. Hard to imagine what they could do with 3 to make it feel like a substantial step up.

I'll certainly check it out but I doubt this will be for me with where AAA gaming is heading.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
2 was about as perfect as I'd want. Hard to imagine what they could do with 3 to make it feel like a substantial step up.

I'll certainly check it out but I doubt this will be for me with where AAA gaming is heading.

If AAA gaming is free to play Battle Royale or "game as a service" crap like Anthem, and this ISNT that, then I'll be thrilled.

I just want more Borderlands

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If AAA gaming is free to play Battle Royale or "game as a service" crap like Anthem, and this ISNT that, then I'll be thrilled.

I just want more Borderlands

Same: if it ends up being Borderlands 2.5 I will be happy and very likely wishlist it.

I just don't think it is likely, not with Pitchford in charge.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Same: if it ends up being Borderlands 2.5 I will be happy and very likely wishlist it.

I just don't think it is likely, not with Pitchford in charge.

I think there was a notion that you have to improve upon a game in sequels, and to a certain degree, this is still true.

However, these days it takes long enough in between iterations that I'm mostly happy if they just give you more of the same and don't screw it up....

Sign of the times, I guess.

I mean, graphical and UI tweaks are always nice.

Also, I think Borderlands 3 will be fine so long as someone curates most the pervy crap good ol' Randy will no doubt want to put in because...you know....it's Randy.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think there was a notion that you have to improve upon a game in sequels, and to a certain degree, this is still true.

However, these days it takes long enough in between iterations that I'm mostly happy if they just give you more of the same and don't screw it up....

It is funny how complexity and innovation mattered to us when we were young, but now I find myself craving nice and simple.

I fear it is going to be a lesser solo experience. I simply do not play online.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It is funny how complexity and innovation mattered to us when we were young, but now I find myself craving nice and simple.

I fear it is going to be a lesser solo experience. I simply do not play online.

We might be old, or we might just be sick of everyone trying to make everything into the same sludge rather than keeping what made the game/series good in the freakin' first place.

Probably just old....

Reactions: HerpaDerp

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I mean, graphical and UI tweaks are always nice.

Also, I think Borderlands 3 will be fine so long as someone curates most the pervy crap good ol' Randy will no doubt want to put in because...you know....it's Randy.
Perfect example here is Assassins Creed. 1-3, Brotherhood, Liberation, and Revelations were mostly the same gameplay-wise. Then you had Black Flag, Rogue, Unity and Syndicate as the next group and now Origins and Odyssey. I see them in 3 blocks (so far) like that where the gameplay is mostly the same in those blocks. It becomes outdated then they make a new playstyle. So on and so fourth and what have you. At least thats how I personally see it.

I didnt even mention the 3/2-D China, India, Russia..etc.

Wow theres a lot of AC out there lol.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I was thinking about Roland too but then I remembered he was axed in Borderlands 2... :(
Woah! Spoilers man!!! :)

I will miss Roland too. My biggest concern is the loss of Anthony Burch, the lead writer, and possibly his sister Ashly, the voice of Tiny Tina. Anthony left for sure, but I don't know if Ashly is returning(or if they'd want her to return considering her character is five years older now). I love the writing in the Borderlands series and I hope it's not too big of a step down. The gameplay is the most important, but considering I'll be playing through the game multiple times and hearing the same lines over and over, I hope they're still good.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Woah! Spoilers man!!! :)

I will miss Roland too. My biggest concern is the loss of Anthony Burch, the lead writer, and possibly his sister Ashly, the voice of Tiny Tina. Anthony left for sure, but I don't know if Ashly is returning(or if they'd want her to return considering her character is five years older now). I love the writing in the Borderlands series and I hope it's not too big of a step down. The gameplay is the most important, but considering I'll be playing through the game multiple times and hearing the same lines over and over, I hope they're still good.

Eek. My bad!

Tiny tina made me laugh so hard. One of my favorites in the series.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I really hope they don't eff this up.

Make it Borderlands with co-op, a fun story and cool characters. Don't mess with the formula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad