Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Supposedly someone refunded BL3 on EGS, located the install directory and was still able to launch the game and play it.

Too bad some reputable outlets didn't get a copy because of security concerns.

That is just so damn funny. Goes to show how much of a joke it is with EGS. Apparently EGS doesn't have internal DRM for their software? Good lord...

Sorry back to the game. Still waiting for the Steam version in March/April.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I read there's a loot cave esque ploy you can do at the end of the game that'll get you 200 legendaries in an hour or so. I have no idea what the specifics are, just saw it somewhere and passing it on.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I read there's a loot cave esque ploy you can do at the end of the game that'll get you 200 legendaries in an hour or so. I have no idea what the specifics are, just saw it somewhere and passing it on.

Something like loading in, killing one guy, he drops 4 legendaries or something, then you log out, log back in and keep doing it? Something like that?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Enjoying the hell out of this game even playing alone. Was def hard to get into since my friend and i played 2 like front to back probably 3 different times. We had a pretty ugly falling out a few months ago so it was a bit harder to get into since the new game basically served as a constant reminder of her being gone.

I'm at level 20 and just finished with the Maliwan dude. The guns are so much more usable, the game still has the same stupid/crude humor (good!) and it's basically just a better BL2. Pretty much all i wanted.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Reading different forums and I am surprised that people are having trouble defeating Killavolt. He was imo one of the easier bosses to kill out of all the other bosses I fought.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's only a pain in the ass if you try to take him on right when you get the mission.

I came back at about level 18 and wiped the floor with him

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Currently level 36, and loving it. So many improvements it's crazy. Only thing that is meh to me so far, are the villains and their story but all the side characters are really good except for Vaughn.

And yea didn't have trouble with that boss, just keep jumping and shoot him in the 'D', no joke.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Currently level 36, and loving it. So many improvements it's crazy. Only thing that is meh to me so far, are the villains and their story but all the side characters are really good except for Vaughn.

And yea didn't have trouble with that boss, just keep jumping and shoot him in the 'D', no joke.
TBF no villain they could come up with could hold a candle to Handsome Jack. One of the GOAT video game villians IMO. I think the Calypso twins do well enough, although I think their relationship could've been better later on in the story.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I just reached level 23. Feel like I’ve play a lot then I see people on YouTube already through there 2nd playthroygh. How is that even possible?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
BRO WHY THEY GOTTA DO MAYA LIKE THAT?!?

Cold blooded. Should have upped the ante and offed the kid too since her dumb ass is the reason Maya pays the price. Kinda garbage storytelling to be honest. At least give her a last stand or something, she just rolls over like Lilith did. You mean to tell me a superpowered Siren can't at least put up a LITTLE fight?

Suffice to say, Kreig will not be happy about this.

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Reached level 13 and I'm not blown away but its still fun.

And either Zane is garbage or this game is hard as f***. I swear, on regular enemies or "badass" enemies, I'm emptying like half of my ammo for a gun just to kill one guy. I've already died a bunch. Borderlands 2 was one of my favorite games, it wasn't nearly as difficult. I'm not sure what else I could be doing.

There's way too many worthless guns and shields.

Zane's abilities seem to do absolutely nothing.

It's annoying that when you spend a skill point, there's no sound byte.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Reached level 13 and I'm not blown away but its still fun.

And either Zane is garbage or this game is hard as ****. I swear, on regular enemies or "badass" enemies, I'm emptying like half of my ammo for a gun just to kill one guy. I've already died a bunch. Borderlands 2 was one of my favorite games, it wasn't nearly as difficult. I'm not sure what else I could be doing.

There's way too many worthless guns and shields.

Zane's abilities seem to do absolutely nothing.

It's annoying that when you spend a skill point, there's no sound byte.

I don't find the game hard at all yet. I've died maybe 4 or 5 times so far, currently level 24. I have been using Moze and loving her special ability, helps huge when you lose your armor and losing health fast. Just launch her ability and you have a bunch of shield/health again then when the ability runs out your shields have regenerated and if you have a shield that heals you then your health is generated fully again. Huge for boss battles.

If you need better gear make sure you are using the Shift codes to get some golden keys. also check your social tab in the game as I have been given weapons and such through there that have helped me.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don't find the game hard at all yet. I've died maybe 4 or 5 times so far, currently level 24. I have been using Moze and loving her special ability, helps huge when you lose your armor and losing health fast. Just launch her ability and you have a bunch of shield/health again then when the ability runs out your shields have regenerated and if you have a shield that heals you then your health is generated fully again. Huge for boss battles.

If you need better gear make sure you are using the Shift codes to get some golden keys. also check your social tab in the game as I have been given weapons and such through there that have helped me.

Yeah I’m starting to think that Zane just sucks.

What are the shift codes?

I finally got a couple of solid weapons so it’s been a little better.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Finally finished my first playthrough. Haven't really had the chance to play nearly as much as I'd hoped, but overall I loved the game. I'm still trying to decipher the difference between TVHM and Mayhem mode. Mayhem seems to keep every area unlocked, I guess if you didn't want to play through the game again all over and just wanted to level up to the cap and get better loot? I guess that's the idea?

I was a bit surprised how easy the final boss was. The brother was a much more difficult fight for me than the final fight, and I didn't have all that much better weaponry by the final fight. She just didn't have very challenging attacks to dodge and there were plenty of varkids and such to get a second wind from. That chest at the end in Lilth's room left me with a couple great legendary weapons. Was pretty sweet.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
IMG_20190921_194817.jpg

Gotta love the references lol.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Legendary gear is much easier to get in this one. I haven’t decided if I like the change or not. I’m running out of bank space at the moment.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I beat the Warrior hundreds of times and the **** never dropped a Conference Call for me.
Yeah it was bad in BL2, but it’s almost too generous in this one. I don’t know. I’d rather it be this way but maybe toned down a touch.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Yeah it was bad in BL2, but it’s almost too generous in this one. I don’t know. I’d rather it be this way but maybe toned down a touch.

I prefer the way it is now.

BL2 I played a ton of hours and only had 4 Legendary items. I also fought the Warrior a bunch of times and never got the Legendary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad