Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Finally started playing this weekend. I like it a lot. I don't know why, but Mouthpiece was easily the most difficult Borderlands boss fight I have ever had.

Many of the boss fights are significantly harder then previous games.

Billy the Anointed is the hardest non-raid boss Ive encountered in any Borderlands game. Its absurd. I had to cheese that fight by finding a place he was unable to hit me. I tried 3 or 4 times and realized I was not going to be able to defeat him without doing something cheesy

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Many of the boss fights are significantly harder then previous games.

Billy the Anointed is the hardest non-raid boss Ive encountered in any Borderlands game. Its absurd. I had to cheese that fight by finding a place he was unable to hit me. I tried 3 or 4 times and realized I was not going to be able to defeat him without doing something cheesy
I'm not mad at it to be honest. I just wasn't expecting it. I played for another hour or so last night, still loving every minute of it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'm not mad at it to be honest. I just wasn't expecting it. I played for another hour or so last night, still loving every minute of it.

I wasnt mad either. But Billy is ridiculous. Its a difficulty change of incredible proportions.

The other bosses til then were fine. I was able to figure them out and get passed them with little issue.

One thing Ive found is that many of the new bosses allow very little time. They seem much "faster"

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyways, does anyone else feel like Torgue guns suck in this game?

From the few i've stumbled on? Yes.

Low fire rate, janky fire patterns and lousy damage it felt like.

I pretty much ran Jakobs my entire playthrough. The carbine/repeaters hit like ****ing trucks. Atlas and Dahl were good if i ever stumbled on a decent leveled weapon (never did outside early game) from those makers.

now i'm sitting here wondering what to do since i finished my first run. It's been a while and i never did the hardcore farming thing. I'm assuming there's no point in farming or normal difficulty is there? Do i skip right to true vault hunter mode or mayhem. I'm kinda lost lol.

Also really didn't care for a lot of the boss fights. I was in the minority where i kinda just rolled through Billy the Anointed, but the rest just felt tedious af. Especially the second vault monster. It took me a solid 40 minutes to kill him. He can't really do a whole lot to you, but my god is he bulky.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
From the few i've stumbled on? Yes.

Low fire rate, janky fire patterns and lousy damage it felt like.

I pretty much ran Jakobs my entire playthrough. The carbine/repeaters hit like ****ing trucks. Atlas and Dahl were good if i ever stumbled on a decent leveled weapon (never did outside early game) from those makers.

now i'm sitting here wondering what to do since i finished my first run. It's been a while and i never did the hardcore farming thing. I'm assuming there's no point in farming or normal difficulty is there? Do i skip right to true vault hunter mode or mayhem. I'm kinda lost lol.

Yea, you go to TVHM.

In BL2 you could farm the Warrior on normal and maybe get a Conference Call that was worth it for a while in TVHM, but not much else.

Weapons seem to have more life in this game though, so it might be worth it to farm late game content though

Its wierd, but these games dont really hit their stride until TVHM or even further. At that point you fully utilize the skill trees. They are pretty rudimentary in the first playthrough

Last edited:

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Anyone having issues since the update? Blue screens and it glitched after the Troy fight. 2 of us were floating in an open sky. Had to reload.

Was there an update for all systems? I play on Xbox and haven’t seen one yet. Hopefully they fixed the menus being slow as hell considering you spend a lot of time in there.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Okay, so I beat Traunt last night and am now with Rhys on the Space Laser Tag mission. Traunt is really hard... until you figure out the pattern and where to stand. Zane's shield ability saved my ass numerous times in that boss fight. I am woefully under leveled for Space Laser Tag and getting my ass kicked. Still having an absolute blast.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think im at the End Game now. On the precipice of the final leap to what I believe will be the final boss.

I didnt grind or loot farm at all in my first playthrough and skipped half a dozen sidequests I just wasnt interested in.

I ended up with probably 15ish Lengendaries, ranging from totally useless (literally trinkets), dumb (The f***ing Bearcat assault rifle) to pretty good (Cloudkill Maliwan SMG). Nothing absurdly strong like BL2's DPUH.

So im pretty happy. Thats more then I got in my inital runs of BL1 AND BL2.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea you get a lot more legendaries this time which is nice especially in mayhem and tvhm. I'm on mayhem 2 tvhm playthrough right now, elemental phase cast Amara and it wrecks. Still undecided if I like it more than my phase grasp build though. Got a Legendary shock Smg that shreds expecially since shock is Amaras go to element.

Jul 7, 2009
I was thinking about picking up the game for my ps4 but I've been hearing it has performance issues.

Are they a cause for concern or is it nothing to be worried about? I really enjoyed the second one and was looking forward to this one.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I was thinking about picking up the game for my ps4 but I've been hearing it has performance issues.

Are they a cause for concern or is it nothing to be worried about? I really enjoyed the second one and was looking forward to this one.

Im 35 hours in and havent had any issues on my PS4.

The menu is a little laggy sometime but actual gameplay has been perfect.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Pretty much what Warden said. I've had zero performance issues aside from the initial menu being a bit sluggish to load sometimes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is it just me or are the boss fights in this game really bad compared to the the second game?

The fact most of them get periods of immunity is just like...why? They're tanky as is. Then there's the bosses where there's so much **** on the screen you can't tell what's happening half the time (GenIVIV, Troy and Tyreen to an extent)

Most of these bosses can be slaughtered easily in later runs, so it's not like i'm complaining i want a return of Bunk3r where he can literally be killed in one shot, but they still feel tedious

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is it just me or are the boss fights in this game really bad compared to the the second game?

The fact most of them get periods of immunity is just like...why? They're tanky as is. Then there's the bosses where there's so much **** on the screen you can't tell what's happening half the time (GenIVIV, Troy and Tyreen to an extent)

Most of these bosses can be slaughtered easily in later runs, so it's not like i'm complaining i want a return of Bunk3r where he can literally be killed in one shot, but they still feel tedious
I had to go back through and do random side missions and level up cause I kept dying when fighting Troy and just kind of gave up so I don’t know about past that. Before that though yes I agree.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I had to go back through and do random side missions and level up cause I kept dying when fighting Troy and just kind of gave up so I don’t know about past that. Before that though yes I agree.

On a few of these bosses, i cheated by putting the game on easy mode.

Made it way easier to kill troy for example. On normal, his bs ball attacks would take out my entire shield in one hit. On easy, they barely made a dent in my shields.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->