Borderlands 3 - Now officially official with BILLIONS of guns!

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Is there a particularly easy method to doing this?

Are you playing on Console or PC?

If on console, get some keys in your inbox from entering shift codes online. I lost everything in my bank randomly, had a bunch of legendary weapons. I emailed support and complained about it, they sent me 25 gold keys because they couldn't recover what I lost. I used those 25 keys to do the glitch and amass 500+ keys in 10 minutes. You could always email them and tell them you lost weapons and they will send you some free golden keys.

Once you have a few, while in a game, go into your settings and set your network settings to offline. Go back to the game and claim the codes in your inbox. Then quit your game back to the main menu and choose you continue your game. Once you load back in, go back to your inbox and the keys will be back, and you will have whatever you claimed. Just keep repeating these steps until you build up a ton of keys.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Have beat the campaign with both Fl4K and Moze so far. Going to get Moze to level 50 for the first campaign DLC drop this month.

Really glad the Halloween event is ending tomorrow. It went on for too long.

I still havent found a gun as good as the DPUH was in BL2. That gun was unreal.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So I have been ripping through the base game, so much fun! Just wondering if the DLC's are worth it? Anyone have some insight?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The Hammerlock DLC is prolly the best one this far. It has a bit more of the humour of Borderlands 2 than the Handsome Jackpot had.

The game in general takes itself more seriously than Borderlands 2, which is a shame. Borderlands 2 had me laughing so much more, and that is needed as the game logic of either games are flawed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Here comes a bump. Anyone get the most recent DLC and is it good?

Season Pass is on sale at the moment and I'm debating picking it up.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

It is cute and pretty darn hard! It is easily the best thought of and hardest DLC yet.

Get it! The other DLCs have better stories than the main game too, more of that bl2 humour.

Reactions: robertmac43

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Played it and hated it. Seemed to me very short and no effort put in compared to DLC 1 and 2.

I’ve been disappointed in BL3 since it seems very unbalanced and don’t like mayhem 2.0 so take my advice with grain of salt.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So I'm getting back into the game for the first time since post launch (didn't like how loot worked) and im totally lost.

Mayhem 6+ has all the big damage guns but like...how does one get ready to play on those levels? I remember trying mayhem 2 post launch and that sucked ass.

I'm working through the DLC right now so level cap is obviously my first goal. A friend of mine explained I should do it like this:

Play DLCs/hit level cap -> grind for better legendary gear in regular TVHLM -> take better gear to mayhem and work way up to where the good shit is.

How do I like, know I'm ready for mayhem though?

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
So I'm getting back into the game for the first time since post launch (didn't like how loot worked) and im totally lost.

Mayhem 6+ has all the big damage guns but like...how does one get ready to play on those levels? I remember trying mayhem 2 post launch and that sucked ass.

I'm working through the DLC right now so level cap is obviously my first goal. A friend of mine explained I should do it like this:

Play DLCs/hit level cap -> grind for better legendary gear in regular TVHLM -> take better gear to mayhem and work way up to where the good shit is.

How do I like, know I'm ready for mayhem though?

You gotta get max level then start grinding for gear. At least that's the way I did it. It's hard since the anointments you are going to want take forever to get because there is so many different anointments. DLC 3 has the best weapons imo.

What level are you and what character are you playing as? Have you finished the core game?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You gotta get max level then start grinding for gear. At least that's the way I did it. It's hard since the anointments you are going to want take forever to get because there is so many different anointments. DLC 3 has the best weapons imo.

What level are you and what character are you playing as? Have you finished the core game?

Core game is done. I'm at level 60 iirc so i figured i'd finish the DLC and that should be enough to get there.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Core game is done. I'm at level 60 iirc so i figured i'd finish the DLC and that should be enough to get there.

Yea they’ve changed a lot since you probably played last. Just keep grinding and you will get there. Like I said get to DLC 3 and get some of the weapons and it will make it easier going through the mayhem levels.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
i got a Krakatoa dicking around on mayhem 2.

I've never a seen a more "i win the game" gun than this. Holy god this thing absolutely shreds :laugh:

Love how the weapon description is a reference to a Spongebob episode too.

Reactions: GreytWun

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know I'm way way way late to the party but I decided to finally jump into the franchise with the legendary collection on Switch for like 20 bucks or something. Played to about level 22 on BL2 and couldn't resist when I saw BL3 was under 20 bucks in the Days of Play psn sale. I think I'm only at level 8 and I already have three legendary guns. I know there was a sizable gap between BL2 and BL3's releases but man 3 is such a joy to play from a mechanics standpoint compared to 2. I'm definitely gonna return to at least finish 2's story and DLCs someday and the presequel but the little bit of 3 I've played has been a blast. It's definitely hijacked my attention from BL2.

Though reading through this thread the post below kinda baffled me.

Finally started playing this weekend. I like it a lot. I don't know why, but Mouthpiece was easily the most difficult Borderlands boss fight I have ever had.

That's really interesting to me, I just ran it a little while ago and found it to be a breeze. Like I've had a tougher time with some BL2 shield nomads when out of ammo for a shock gun. Maybe it's cause I've been playing Fl4k and utilizing the stealth but in my fight he hardly blocked my shots. Maybe it was my pet "companion" drawing his attention.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I know I'm way way way late to the party but I decided to finally jump into the franchise with the legendary collection on Switch for like 20 bucks or something. Played to about level 22 on BL2 and couldn't resist when I saw BL3 was under 20 bucks in the Days of Play psn sale. I think I'm only at level 8 and I already have three legendary guns. I know there was a sizable gap between BL2 and BL3's releases but man 3 is such a joy to play from a mechanics standpoint compared to 2. I'm definitely gonna return to at least finish 2's story and DLCs someday and the presequel but the little bit of 3 I've played has been a blast. It's definitely hijacked my attention from BL2.

Though reading through this thread the post below kinda baffled me.

That's really interesting to me, I just ran it a little while ago and found it to be a breeze. Like I've had a tougher time with some BL2 shield nomads when out of ammo for a shock gun. Maybe it's cause I've been playing Fl4k and utilizing the stealth but in my fight he hardly blocked my shots. Maybe it was my pet "companion" drawing his attention.
You will have lots more fun leveling all your BL2 characters to max, I promise you. Still some fun to be had in BL3, mainly in the DLC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->