Books: Book(s) you are Currently Reading | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Recently found a current Elvira comic book series.. the issue I'm reading is good; I like the way the artist (Acosta) is drawing Elvira's curves.. also the way they've honored Elvira's patronizing humor..

Elvira0303031CHack.jpg

Reactions: GB

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
4C47F77F-FD3C-4123-8DDD-7CBBF99ABB44.jpeg

Got this for Christmas and have finished most of it already. It’s an easy read and Tebow gives some good advice, but man does he ever shove his religion down your throat. I get that he’s a very passionate Christian and all. I really wish he would’ve left that stuff out and just focused on his values and advice without mentioning God every sentence.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
View attachment 169215

Got this for Christmas and have finished most of it already. It’s an easy read and Tebow gives some good advice, but man does he ever shove his religion down your throat. I get that he’s a very passionate Christian and all. I really wish he would’ve left that stuff out and just focused on his values and advice without mentioning God every sentence.

Finished this earlier and yeah really wouldn’t recommend it if you’re not religious. Super preachy is an understatement.

Now working on:

DBFF05D9-22D0-4D95-8141-0D36C3A63B27.jpeg

Now I’m not a big wal mart fan, but the guy clearly has some valuable insight. About 100 pages in and Sam Walton really seemed to never be afraid of doing things different than everyone else. He was often ahead of trends with discounting, flying, product management, etc. Pretty good so far.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
More of a novella sold as a book (only 144 pages which is just a tenth of the length of some of his longer novels), Stephen King's latest called Elevation.

Reactions: stingo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad