Books: Book(s) you are Currently Reading | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Curious to know your thoughts on this one. I read one book by Bellow and loathed it but I know this is an acclaimed work.

I enjoyed it. Saul Bellow is my favorite author I discovered this year . And probably in my top 3 writers ever now. Don’t know if it was just that time in my life when I needed to find him or not. Wouldn’t recommend this one though, I would recommend “Henderson the rain king” by Bellow.

Reactions: Amerika

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
0671671707.jpg

Ethnic balkinanization of LA, written in the early 9os. Good mix of author's personal observation & history/stats..

Reactions: stingo and GB

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz

Heard it was an amazing book. It's clever, in the same way Douglas Coupland's books were in the 90s with a lot of pop culture references. Half way through it though and not sure why I care about Oscar or anyone in the book. Goes all over the place with chapters of his Mom, his sister, his grandmother, random parts about Oscar.

We will see. He's going to kill himself.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016

One of my favorite true crime books.. strange fate that led an aspiring crime writer to encounter (a then unknown) Bundy.
An obscure Bundy book I read years ago: The Phantom Prince. It was written by Bundy's live-in girlfriend (under a pseudonym), recollecting Bundy's behavior over the course of his killing spree..
Let us know what u think about Stranger.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
One of my favorite true crime books.. strange fate that led an aspiring crime writer to encounter (a then unknown) Bundy.
An obscure Bundy book I read years ago: The Phantom Prince. It was written by Bundy's live-in girlfriend (under a pseudonym), recollecting Bundy's behavior over the course of his killing spree..
Let us know what u think about Stranger.
I’ve got a long list of true crime books to read, and this is the first one about a serial killer that I’ll be tackling. I’ll add The Phantom Prince to my list, as well. I’ll for sure keep you posted on what I think about this first Bundy book once I finish it. I’m fairly new to true crime as a genre, so feel welcome to throw some more recommendations my way, if you feel like it.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Forty Little Pieces: in progressive order for beginner flutists

This contains pieces by J. S. Bach, Handel, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, and R. Schumann. I went through part of this when I was a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad